Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: At No. 13, the Rams can't lose.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Re: At No. 13, the Rams can't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I wouldn't want to trade down too far from #2. But #13 we could trade down as low as we want in the first and I'd be fine with it. I think there are the top 6-8 prospects then we can get great value from 13 to 43.
    I am in agreement about going down to far with a trade on the 2 pick. I mean its nice to have extra picks but it is also nice to use them to get star players. Snead can get a little Crazy Carl. "We have picks at amazing prices and I'm passing on the savings to yoouuuu!!!"

With the 13th pick uness its a high 2nd like Browns wanting someone and give us their last 1st and next 2nd otherwise I would rather stay and just have fun with the bpa that fits.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by turbofargo View Post
    I am in agreement about going down to far with a trade on the 2 pick. I mean its nice to have extra picks but it is also nice to use them to get star players. Snead can get a little Crazy Carl. "We have picks at amazing prices and I'm passing on the savings to yoouuuu!!!"

With the 13th pick uness its a high 2nd like Browns wanting someone and give us their last 1st and next 2nd otherwise I would rather stay and just have fun with the bpa that fits.
    I don't agree with that when it comes to Snead. We traded up for Austin last year and had an offer from Minneosota on the board that would have given the Rams a fair few extra picks, but in the end they stayed put and took Ogletree because you have to use your draft picks at some point

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    There has been, and will continue to be, a great deal of debate over what the Rams should do with the No. 2 pick in the draft. While there are many options that fans like (Matthews, Robinson, Clowney, Watkins), the possibility of a trade complicates things. In the end, it won't be an easy decision.

At No. 13, though, the Rams are in a great position, as they are guaranteed an opportunity to draft a player who would be a good value at that spot.

The way I see it the following players are pretty much locks to go in the Top 12 (in no particular order): Manziel, Clowney, Matthews, Robinson, Watkins, Mack, Bridgwater, Bortles.

That's 8 players, which leaves the following list of players who, in my opinion, would be worth the #13 pick in the draft for the Rams (again, in no particular order): Evans, Gilbert, Dennard, Barr, Donald, Clinton-Dix, Pryor, Lewan, Martin.

That's 9 players, which means that at least 5 of them will be on the board at #13.

This means that the Rams can wait at #13 for a very good player to drop to them, or even consider moving back a few spots, obtaining an extra pick, and still obtaining a player they covet.

Les Snead must be like a kid in a candy store.
    Everyday must be a bright sunshiny day at Rams Park. As you mentioned their options at #2 are excellent, but with the way the draft season is going, #13 does look like a beautiful spot. Depending on how they stack their board, the Rams could trade back another 5 spots or so, get another guy on this list, and bring in an additional 3rd this year or 2nd next year.

This is going to be one interesting draft. If they move down at both #2 and #13, we could see the Rams with 6 or 7 of the top 100 picks this year, with a future pick or two to boot.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12