r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

No deal in Arizona, so QB Warner will be a free agent

Posted: February 26th, 2009 | Adam Schefter

Kurt Warnerís agent, Mark Bartlestein, spent Thursday in Arizona trying to negotiate a deal for his client.

Unfortunately for Warner and the Cardinals, Bartlestein spent Thursday night flying back to his home in Chicago.

Despite face-to-face negotiations, the two sides couldnít resolve their differences. Now the quarterback will become an unrestricted free agent at 12:01 a.m. ET Friday.

The two sides will continue talking, and Warner isnít opposed to taking free-agent visits. In fact, he would. But right or wrong, there is a perception that Warner wants to remain in Arizona, which has impacted negotiations.

Now Warner will become a free agent ó free to listen to offers from any team.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: No deal in Arizona, so QB Warner will be a free agent

I doubt that it will be a necessity to wear something that I can't mention on this site, because there is as much a chance of Warner coming to STL as it is that Bruce Willis was alive at the end of sixth sense. But if he did whisper in Billy D's ear that he wants some more... GSOT, then we have to at least think about it. But will we pay in cash or credit?

(To understand this post just listen to Andy Sandberg's song, one of my favs)
    Last edited by Nick; -02-27-2009 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Edited out previous poster's inappropriate quote

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

The Cards are idiots if they don't sign Kurt,but we were use to that when they were in st louis?? lmao

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Warner throwing to Avery and Burton would be COMPLETELY different than throwing to Fitzgerald and Boldin.

Trust me, he wants no part of the Rams. Not because of the fans, but because the O line would get him killed and the WR's aren't on par with what he was used to in Arizona.

I will put it this way too. If the Rams for some bizarre reason out of the realm of probability sign Warner, I'll give up on this team.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -02-27-2009 at 11:03 AM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

This is all about leverage, or the attempt to get it, by each party. Warner likes Arizona and his situation. I'd be very surprised if both sides don't come to an agreement soon.

As for Warner coming to the Rams? Let's just say we won't have to worry about Tx giving up on the team.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

From a Dan Patrick interview:

Fresh off taking his Cardinals to the Super Bowl, Kurt Warner joined Dan to discuss his future and where he hopes to play next season.

-Warner says it would be nice to be one of the top five highest paid quarterbacks in the NFL. Warner stresses that he wants to be compensated fairly and that he has played in Arizona with a contract below market value and now it's time to be paid according to his value.

-Warner hasn't replayed the Super Bowl in his head that much, but does remember one specific play -- the interception at the end of the first half. On that play, he was supposed to run "blazer," which is a run-pass option. He switched to the pass because Pittsburgh brough an all-out blitz. He didn't have a good sight line because he was blocked off and James Harrison intercepted the pass and ran it back for a touchdown. It never crossed Warner's mind that he'd return it all the way for a touchdown.

-Dan warns Warner that the public may not look at him fondly if he turns down a lucrative deal like Manny Ramirez. Warner understands the country's financial situation and stresses that he's just looking for fair market value and isn't trying to break the bank. He wants to keep the team together and doesn't want to ask for too much coin. Ideally, he'd like a two-year deal so he has some insurance going into the season.

-Warner would definitely take a lesser deal if it meant bringing back Anquan Boldin. Dan presses him and asks if he'd take $2 million less if he was assured the money was going to Boldin. Warner says yes, he absolutely would.

-There has been a discussion with another team, but Warner won't say which team it is. Brenda, Warner's wife, is near the phone and Dan harasses her to tell say which team her husband will play for. He admits at the end of the interview that it's an NFL team.

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Warner has said if he does not sign with the cards he will RETIRE. As said before, Cardinals not signing Warner = epic fail.

Ramer is offline Registered User

All i got to say is "what are they thinking?"