WestSideRamsFan Guest

No To Dt In The 1st Round.....

its just too risky ...theres an article on espn.com on how many busts there has been in this position....they have a quote by linehan praising branch's ability but noting he doesn't always want to play 100%....I guess we won't draft branch....lets pick up an LB or even a player in the secondary.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: No To Dt In The 1st Round.....

Right you are on the DT, unless we can get Okoye at 13, which appears less than likely, we need a solid defensive player with lots of upside. My pick is Darrelle Revis, he's been inching up the boards lately even passing Leon Hall as the #1 CB. Plus he gives us punt return capability and he's a play-maker in pass defense and helps on run defense.

bruce4life is online now Registered User

thats why you take the best player on the board at 13 regardless of what position they play... if its tedd ginn you take him, if its branch you take him, if it revis take him...PERIOD

theodus69 is offline Registered User

It's true. The best player on the board should be the pick. Trade away the one have for a better one on draft day! Think it's possible to pull out a good d-line in the later rounds. maybe even trade down for more picks.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Well then ... DE Anderson, DT Branch, DE/DT Carriker, DT Okoye, LB Willis -- I still think that ONE of these names ought to be on the board at 13. Take HIM for our defense.

The players in bold are now my main 1st round hopefuls.

Rambos is online now Registered User

its just too risky ...theres an article on espn.com on how many busts there has been in this position....
    There is risk at every position, we drafted three DT one worked out Pickett, One is still playing for us not great and one is now playing for the Panther D lewis.

quote by linehan praising branch's ability but noting he doesn't always want to play 100% I guess we won't draft branch....
    I would not read too much into what he is saying, I'm sure if Branch is high on the Rams board he is not going to tell everyone he's the greatest.

DT Branch, DE/DT Carriker
    I like these guys alot also RealRam. I would throw in Okoye on my list but he's not going to be there, but you never know.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't think this is the kind of game where you can just not draft positions where players often bust. If scouting DTs is that difficult, it's got to be even harder to identify them in the lower rounds. Unless we never want to get good play at that position, we'll have to take our chances eventually.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Well then ... DE Anderson, DT Branch, DE/DT Carriker, DT Okoye, LB Willis -- I still think that ONE of these names ought to be on the board at 13. Take HIM for our defense.

The players in bold are now my main 1st round hopefuls.
    Carriker maybe, Okoye won't be there, Branch no. Didn't Branch show up overweight and unmotivated on Pro Day? I also heard that lack of motivation was something he showed on the field all too often as well. That's sounds far too similar to Jimmy Kennedy for my liking.

If the Rams get Jenkins, LB Patrick Willis looks very attractive, but the Bills will probably pick him up right ahead of us. :x if so, I think the Rams should then just go with the best defensive player on the board regardless of position.