turbofargo is offline Registered User

No stopping the Suh express

I see us getting Bradford, but there is an article on Suh over at espn, and man do I want this kid on our team. Character, physical traits, a winner, never ever satisfied with his skill set. I would be doing cartwheels if we called his name in April!!!

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Re: No stopping the Suh express

the scouting reports are about the same with Dorsey, and Suh. I'm not saying that Suh is not an amazing player. But why wouldn't you be doing cartwheels for Bradford? He was projected to go above stafford last year.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    ...last year.
    Key phrase that answers your question.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by turbofargo View Post
    I see us getting Bradford, but there is an article on Suh over at espn, and man do I want this kid on our team. Character, physical traits, a winner, never ever satisfied with his skill set. I would be doing cartwheels if we called his name in April!!!
    Remember how we were supposedly so infatuated with a guy named Jay Cutler? Turned out to be smoke and mirrors. Who's to say Billy D's not playing a similar game this time around? We'll probably have to wait until April 22nd to find out though. If we don't select Bradford, my hunch is we will have traded for a veteran Qb who can start. Would I advise anyone to bet money on my hunch? No ..

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Remember how we were supposedly so infatuated with a guy named Jay Cutler? Turned out to be smoke and mirrors. Who's to say Billy D's not playing a similar game this time around? We'll probably have to wait until April 22nd to find out though. If we don't select Bradford, my hunch is we will have traded for a veteran Qb who can start. Would I advise anyone to bet money on my hunch? No ..
    I'm not so sure about that, I'm pretty sure if we are going to be picking a player at #1 instead of trading down the FO will have the player under contract.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    If we had taken Cutler instead of Tye Hill we wouldn't be in this predicament now. Sorry I had to throw that out there!

I want SUH!!!!!!!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Key phrase that answers your question.
    Please tell me how that is majorly relevant?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Sometimes the draft, i.e., having the 1st overall pick, becomes a simplistic matter, doesn't it?

1st round: DT Suh -- he fills a definite need.
    2nd round: best QB available. Definite need filled in that either Colt McCoy or TBow or JClausen may well be there at pick 33.

Or...

1st round: QB Bradford. 'Been a while since we've selected the best QB available with our 1st choice!
    2nd round: best player available. Even if we miss Suh, chances are this other rookie fills a definite need as well.

Win - win situation. Hmmm, no ... it can't be this easy now, right?
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-24-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Speleen

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Sometimes the draft, i.e., having the 1st overall pick, becomes a simplistic matter, doesn't it?

2nd round: best QB available. Definite need filled in that either Colt McCoy or TBow or JClausen may well be there at pick 33.

Or...

1st round: QB Bradford. 'Been a while since we've selected the best QB available with our 1st choice!
    2nd round: best player available. Even if we miss Suh, chances are this other rookie fills a definite need as well.

agreed this is a win - win situation, but the thing that makes it "hard" is that people just see the other player as overwhelmingly better and just feel the need to argue it. I think the FO knows it is a win - win situation, and are just trying to figure out who will be the better player for #1 OVR.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post

Or...

Clausen won't be available @ 33, he's closer to starting day material than Bradford is (due mainly to the system he ran in college). Even if he sets the world on fire tomorrow at OU's pro day, we still should go BPA w/ Suh!

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Clausen won't be available @ 33, he's closer to starting day material than Bradford is (due mainly to the system he ran in college). Even if he sets the world on fire tomorrow at OU's pro day, we still should go BPA w/ Suh!
    False: Bradford ran plenty under the center in college, please get your facts straight before you shoot down Bradford just because you are for Suh.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

False: Bradford ran plenty under the center in college, please get your facts straight before you shoot down Bradford just because you are for Suh.
    Yo son I got my facts straight, re-read my post I said "SYSTEM", I said nothing about being under center. Ole' Charlie ran a pro style system at ND in case you didn't know that, and that is NOT the system ran at OU which was more along the lines of the spread.

TakeSuh is offline Registered User

i will shutdown a guy who can barely take a hit without damaging his throwing arm ........... twice