Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Noel Devine

  1. #1
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Noel Devine

    here's a guy who has great 4.3 speed, great balance, low center of gravity being 5'8 and tremendous play making ability with nice hips and agility. First round talent. Very underexposed and unsung. average over 5.5 yards/carry over his 3 years (8.6 his freshman year).

    If he comes out this year he could be a great potential steal in the early third round and could fall as low as 5th round.

    YouTube - Devine Intervention (Noel Devine Freshman Highlights)

    check out that youtube video of him in his freshman year and give me your thoughts


  2. #2
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Noel Devine

    If he comes out he would be good fit here IMO

  3. #3
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Noel Devine

    Heard a lot of reggie bush type hype about him when he went to WV, of course Nick would be the best person to talk to about him. i certainly wouldn't mind picking him up in the draft, anyone know where is he projected?

  4. #4
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Noel Devine

    im not entirely sure, ive heard people (not "professionals") having him all over the place. He's pretty much unheard as far as the draft is concerned. Projected on almost noones list.

  5. #5
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,908
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: Noel Devine

    Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    im not entirely sure, ive heard people (not "professionals") having him all over the place. He's pretty much unheard as far as the draft is concerned. Projected on almost noones list.
    Which probably has more to do with him not being particularly expected to declare early more than people not knowing much about him.

    Devine would certainly bring a different element to this backfield, but I question whether he would hold up to Devaney and Spagnuolo's Four Pillars. If he came out this year, I expect he'd probably go anywhere from the third to fifth round.

  6. #6
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,214
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Noel Devine

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I expect he'd probably go anywhere from the third to fifth round.
    Gonna completely depend on what he runs at the combine. Reports are he can put up a 4.2 something. If so, he'll go higher than anyone imagines. If not, he'll slide to the 5th. Every time I watch him he's dynamic for a few plays and then he disappears for a 1/4 of the game and is replaced by other great runners. That would worry me.

  7. #7
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,095
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Noel Devine

    If we take a running back in the first 4 rounds it would be a waste.

    I don't hear anyone complaining that we lost games this year because of the back up running backs.

    With needs at OLB, DE, DT, OL, QB, and TE. <---- we can pick a back up RB off waivers/free agency.

    GET REAL !

  8. #8
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,908
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: Noel Devine

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Gonna completely depend on what he runs at the combine. Reports are he can put up a 4.2 something. If so, he'll go higher than anyone imagines. If not, he'll slide to the 5th. Every time I watch him he's dynamic for a few plays and then he disappears for a 1/4 of the game and is replaced by other great runners. That would worry me.
    His forty time would have a bigger effect on his stock if he had better size for the position. But these guys with 5'7" or 5'8" height have a ceiling IMO regarding where the NFL values them. Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 but he was also 5'11" and nearly 200 pounds, and that helped him move into the first round.

    Even if Devine comes in under 4.3 - which is possible but I kind of think he won't - I still think he's in that third to fifth round range as a junior. Obviously a bit higher if he spends another year in school and comes out next season, but I think his size and his inability to carry the load at a collegiate level are things that are going to keep him from skyrocketing up draft boards due to great straight line speed.

  9. #9
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,214
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Noel Devine

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    His forty time would have a bigger effect on his stock if he had better size for the position. But these guys with 5'7" or 5'8" height have a ceiling IMO regarding where the NFL values them. Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 but he was also 5'11" and nearly 200 pounds, and that helped him move into the first round.

    Even if Devine comes in under 4.3 - which is possible but I kind of think he won't - I still think he's in that third to fifth round range as a junior. Obviously a bit higher if he spends another year in school and comes out next season, but I think his size and his inability to carry the load at a collegiate level are things that are going to keep him from skyrocketing up draft boards due to great straight line speed.
    All true but teams covet speed. Steve Slayton is 5'9", Sproles is 5'6" and Barry Sanders was 5'8". Warrick Dunn is 5'9" tall and was a first round pick and thought of as a 3rd down back when drafted. Devine isn't that far off. If he puts up a shakingly fast speed, he'll rise into the 2nd round.

  10. #10
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Noel Devine

    Having a back such as steven jackson is a huge asset, but one thing ive noticed is he gets excessively worn down in games to the point where he sustains nagging injuries and doesnt have the same burst (somethingi notcied in the bears game). what devine brings is great big play ability and the speed to keep a defense on their heels while steven is on the sideline regaining his strength. I certainly wouldnt want to have to spenmd a second round pick on the guy as i think we have more glaring issues but if hes sitting in the third, especially the fourth round id love to scoop him up
    Last edited by Bralidore(RAMMODE); -12-07-2009 at 02:49 PM.

  11. #11
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,214
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Noel Devine

    Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Having a back such as steven jackson is a huge asset, but one thing ive noticed is he gets excessively worn down in games to the point where he sustains nagging injuries and doesnt have the same burst (somethingi notcied in the bears game). what devine brings is great big play ability and the speed to keep a defense on their heels while steven is on the sideline regaining his strength. I certainly wouldnt want to have to spenmd a second round pick on the guy as i think we have more glaring issues but if hes sitting in the third, especially the fourth round id love to scoop him up
    I agree 100%. A #2 RB is needed but even in free agency there are solid alternatives.

    LenDale White? Chester Taylor? Mike Bell? Caddy Williams? Any of those guys would be a solid compliment to Jackson's premier force.

  12. #12
    rams_fan81's Avatar
    rams_fan81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Age
    21
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Noel Devine

    Despite all of his talent I'm not so sure about his character

  13. #13
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,908
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: Noel Devine

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    All true but teams covet speed. Steve Slayton is 5'9", Sproles is 5'6" and Barry Sanders was 5'8". Warrick Dunn is 5'9" tall and was a first round pick and thought of as a 3rd down back when drafted. Devine isn't that far off. If he puts up a shakingly fast speed, he'll rise into the 2nd round.
    We can agree to disagree, and then see what happens. Slaton and Sproles were third and fourth round picks respectively; Sanders and Dunn were drafted over ten years ago. MJD may be a better example, but he ran a sub 4.4 while coming in over 200 pounds. Devine's listed at 176 pounds and I doubt he puts on the kind of weight Slaton did for the NFL.

    It'll be interesting to see what happens if he declares this offseason. Maybe we'll have to make a friendly bet or something, but I just have a hard time seeing him as a junior coming in above the third round. I also don't think he'll run a 4.2 forty, when it's all said and done. Slaton and White didn't quite live up to their forty hype, so while Devine will be fast, I don't think he's 4.2 fast. Then again, Chris Johnson's Combine forty was a bit surprising as well.

    We'll just have to see.

  14. #14
    jmk321's Avatar
    jmk321 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    albany
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Noel Devine

    Is this the guy that Deion Sanders mentored? If he comes out this year and is available in the 3rd then I would be all for taking him. This team needs a 2nd RB badly and Devine seems like he could be a good compliment to SJax.

  15. #15
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Noel Devine

    Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Is this the guy that Deion Sanders mentored? If he comes out this year and is available in the 3rd then I would be all for taking him. This team needs a 2nd RB badly and Devine seems like he could be a good compliment to SJax.
    yes he was almost adopted by deion sanders, sanders also raved about his talent level

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: -03-15-2008, 01:15 AM
  2. Noel Devine is a maniac
    By Nick in forum COLLEGE
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -09-16-2007, 02:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •