Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Not a Good Day For QB

The idea of the Rams taking a quarterback in round one next year seems to be getting less attractive, as today bot Colt McCoy of Texas and Sam Bradford of Oklahoma saw their fortunes take a hit, literally in the case of Bradford, thought by some to be the only one worthy of a top five selection. Just back a week ago from a shoulder injury, Bradford landed on the same one early in the game, his throwing side, and left for what appears to be another extended period.

McCoy wasn't hurt, but he was contained by Oklahoma's defense all day. With Jevon Snead having at least one bad day this season against a top opponent, it's going to take a lot from someone to move up draft boards, and whether Bradford will even get the chance, rem,ains to be seen.

Barry Waller

blood85 is offline Registered User

Re: Not a Good Day For QB

I was Never impressed with McCoy or Bradford, they are overhyped and I really haven't seen them do anything against a "strong" opponent. I hope and pray the Rams don't pick one of those two, should they end up in that position. I think they should look into other schools and see who is out there or the latter rounds.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    The idea of the Rams taking a quarterback in round one next year seems to be getting less attractive, as today bot Colt McCoy of Texas and Sam Bradford of Oklahoma saw their fortunes take a hit, literally in the case of Bradford, thought by some to be the only one worthy of a top five selection. Just back a week ago from a shoulder injury, Bradford landed on the same one early in the game, his throwing side, and left for what appears to be another extended period.

McCoy wasn't hurt, but he was contained by Oklahoma's defense all day. With Jevon Snead having at least one bad day this season against a top opponent, it's going to take a lot from someone to move up draft boards, and whether Bradford will even get the chance, rem,ains to be seen.
    As correct as you are at this point in time, I'm not looking toward the draft just yet. I'm still focussed on this Sunday. At the risk of sounding like a walking cliche, where there's a will, there's a way.

However, if I were looking toward a McCoy in the draft at this point in time, his first name would be Gerald.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -10-18-2009 at 02:07 AM.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

There certainly doesn't appear to be any Peyton Mannings in the upcoming draft at this point, but that may be a blessing in disguise.

Who knows, maybe because of injury, he'll drop to the late 1st round or maybe even the 2nd round, which would make him a better value pick anyway.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Actually, today could be a good day for a QB. His name is Marc Bulger and he is facing one of the worst, if not the worst, pass defenses in the league. I dont care about college players who may or may not end up on the Rams at the moment.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Actually, today could be a good day for a QB. His name is Marc Bulger and he is facing one of the worst, if not the worst, pass defenses in the league. I dont care about college players who may or may not end up on the Rams at the moment.

Well, you should care because one of them will- regardless of how Marc Bulger does today.
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -10-18-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Questions like this are what PM's are for.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

This could be the year that if Bradford is healthy at the combine and with Washington, Cleveland, and possibly even Oakland looking for a QB.....the Rams could trade down and get the WR this team needs.