Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

Not much early buzz for former Rams WR Holt

Another decorated wide receiver hit the free-agent market Friday when the Rams released Torry Holt. He joins Marvin Harrison in free agency following Harrisonís release by the Colts last month.
    Harrison is still looking for a job, and the market for the aging Holt could also be thin. The Panthers, Giants, Jets and Vikings arenít considering Holt, according to reports.
    From Charles Chandler of the Charlotte Observer:
    • The Panthers arenít venturing into the free-agency market because they donít have the salary cap room and it doesnít fit into their philosophy of retaining core players and emphasizing the draft. Plus, they already have starters in Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammad, plus a young understudy in Dwayne Jarrett. Adding someone of Holtís stature to the mix could actually complicate things.
    From Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News:
    • With rampant speculation about a possible Holt-to-the-Jets move, I did some additional digging and learned the Jets have zero interest in the Ramsí soon-to-be-jettisoned wide receiver. None. Zip. Nada.

• Oh, well, so much for that possibility. Holt-to-the-Jets seemed to make some sense, and I totally endorsed it yesterday in a blog post. After all, the Jets need another veteran receiver (just my opinion) and their new receiversí coach, Henry Ellard, used to be Holtís longtime position coach in St. Louis.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Not much early buzz for former Rams WR Holt

I actually find this amusing. Both Holt and Harrison need to realize they are aging and not as production as they once were. Holt, for one, refused to take a pay cut, and he's going to pay the price, having to search long and hard for a job in free agency, and will likely get far less than he wants ...

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

i know we are trying to get younger by signing young ascending players but i would love to bring back ike bruce for a year.
    he'd be a great mentor for the young wr's, he'd be good opposite avery on the field and he'd get to retire a ram. all positive things!

general counsel is offline Registered User

The really interesting question is what happens if holt cant get anywhere near the money he wants. We cut him because he wouldnt take less money. Would he ultimately come back for less money? Probably not because if he is going to take less money, its more likely to be to play for a better team. Also, contending teams may be more interested if players get hurt in mini camp or even training camp, to the extent that they still have some cap space available.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Mooselini is offline Registered User

They deserve it though. They still think they're on top of the world still...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    i know we are trying to get younger by signing young ascending players but i would love to bring back ike bruce for a year.
    he'd be a great mentor for the young wr's, he'd be good opposite avery on the field and he'd get to retire a ram. all positive things!
    I agree 100 % with that,it would be great to see Isaac in a Rams uniform again before he calls it quits,as for Holt he should have thought this pay cut with the Rams through alittle better because weather he likes it or not he is going to take a big pay cut.