Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Not so fast

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: Not so fast

Blackmon is the perfect height for a WR, in my opinion. Once you start getting above 6'2 range, quickness and route running become affected.? Blackmon is a great specimen, he has the quickness in the short area. Plus he has the decent speed and size to go over the top.?
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

In regards to those who have a problem with Blackmon's off the field issues, I urge them to watch the story ESPN did about him and this little girl who has cancer and the relationship they have. I'd post the link but that isn't allowed and I have no clue how to embed a video, but it is such a cool story. IMO, people with serious off the field issues or diva attitudes don't go out of their way to have a relationship with a kid. The video is titled "Justin Blackmon starts a friendship."

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by xkidflowx View Post
    i was in love with alshon man.. but dude has bad work ethics... he got a beer belly during off season.. we cant let that slide. There are many successful receivers who run slow 40's but are greats like our own bruce/holt , and the GOAT Jerry Rice.. greg jennings is also 6,1 and look how he's doing! i'm all in for blackmon.. we need a physical body like him
    Yep- look at any pictures of Jefferies, smooth, non defined arms = not a gym guy.
    He reminds me of the that Alabama Tackle people were so high about (another Smith I think)-- he got drafted by Cinncinati. He looked like the poster boy Dweedle Dee and Dweedle Dumb, you know-- the soft, doughy midsection, with the under-developed arms/legs that are akin to spider appendages.
    Last edited by punahou; -12-06-2011 at 04:40 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I do like Blackmon. I think he will be excellent. I just see so many holes on the roster, and we may be beneficiaries by moving down, but it never happens anyways.

But just because he has that relationship means nothing. Go watch this video of DeSean Jackson.

Dont get all excited about Blackmon visiting a sick kid.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Blackmon, Blackmon, Blackmon, that's who we need to draft. If we go another direction, I say we draft Trent Richardson who will add to our running game with SJ and make us formidable, but I don't think that will happen. I don't want to pick Kalil, we've done that already.

Go Rams!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    But just because he has that relationship means nothing. Go watch this video of DeSean Jackson.

Dont get all excited about Blackmon visiting a sick kid.
    You're really comparing DeSean Jackson's set visit to The View to sign a jersey for a kid he's never met before to Justin Blackmon's established relationship with leukemia patient Olivia Hamilton? Not even in the same ballpark, man.
    eric2810 and GolfnRAMFAN like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You're really comparing DeSean Jackson's set visit to The View to sign a jersey for a kid he's never met before to Justin Blackmon's established relationship with leukemia patient Olivia Hamilton? Not even in the same ballpark, man.
    Its not necessarily a comparison. Im just trying to show people that just because he meets a sick girl with the cancer doesn't mean anything. If he was this "angel" hes made out to be in this, he wouldn't have made the horrible decision to drink and drive (even though he only got caught once, he could have done it 500 times for all we know) and be a diva on the field when he doesn't get targeted.

At the end of the day I'd take him no questions asked at wherever we pick. But I just dont think him visiting a sick girl justifies that he should immediately be our pick over anyone else.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

But I just dont think him visiting a sick girl justifies that he should immediately be our pick over anyone else.
    No one is making that argument. No one is saying, "Justin Blackmon should be the Rams' pick because he visited a sick girl in the hospital." The argument is that Justin Blackmon should be the Rams' pick because he is an outstanding playmaker with high professional upside at a position of major need for this team.

The relationship he's established and kept up with a child who has leukemia is simply something that's being referenced to those that would criticize Blackmon's character, not as justification for picking him. But you can absolutely bet that his relationship with Olivia Hamilton means something.

How much is in the eye of the beholder, but you'd have to be incredibly biased against the guy to watch that video and claim it means nothing about his character as a person while a lone a drunk driving arrest or some mannerisms on the field do.
    GolfnRAMFAN likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Its not necessarily a comparison. Im just trying to show people that just because he meets a sick girl with the cancer doesn't mean anything. If he was this "angel" hes made out to be in this, he wouldn't have made the horrible decision to drink and drive (even though he only got caught once, he could have done it 500 times for all we know) and be a diva on the field when he doesn't get targeted.

At the end of the day I'd take him no questions asked at wherever we pick. But I just dont think him visiting a sick girl justifies that he should immediately be our pick over anyone else.
    Let's see here.

1) He's not just visiting a sick girl. There is a huge difference. He is actually taking her places, taking her to games, hanging out with her...and this is all behind the scenes. DeSean Jackson merely visited a random kid once; Blackmon has actually formed a relationship with that girl.

2) Drinking and driving is a stupid decision. It's not smart at all. However, it's not a horrible decision in the sense that it makes Blackmon an egotistic facist goat of a person who. I have known/still know plenty of people that choose to drive buzzed/drunk because they are "great drivers and can handle it." Now, these guys are really smart people. They are engineers, medical students, pre-law, business, but young people in college do stupid things. I would know, since I'm still in that environment. It doesn't make him a "devil". It just makes him a person who still made a bad choice, and hopefully matured from it especially since it went public.

And in no way am I defending drunk drivers. I think it is a very stupid decision, but it happens, and more frequently than you expect.
    Torry Holt likes this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    The big thing i dont like about Blackmon is that he runs out of bounds instead of pushing for the first down after the catch. I counted him do this 3 times last game against the Sooners.

I would love to have Ferguson if we can sign him.

Im not sure Ta'amu makes it to the 2nd round, He seems to be the consensus best DT in the country right now.
    My friend I think you are forgetting about the GSOT days when our WR's would stop, drop, and roll after catching the ball rather than take a big hit or "pushing for the first down". Sometimes (especially when you are not a big WR) to live to fight another day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12