Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Suh

Molotov is offline Registered User

Not Suh

The problem I have with drafting Suh is, I actually think our interior DL is pretty good at the moment.

If you bring on Suh, that gives you Douzable, Ramsey, Gibson, Scott, Ryan, and Suh. Meanwhile, on the edge, we have Long, Victor, and Hall. This could all change via free agency, of course.

All of our interior guys are decent players, and Scott and Ryan are actually pretty good. Our edge guys are okay, but do not provide consistent pressure on opposing QBs. And I am not convinced that Suh will provide a pass rush in the NFL.

So the actual improvement of the team will be marginal with the addition of Suh. We need game changers. We need edge rushers, shut down corners, big play WRs, and a stud QB. If we add Suh, we will STILL need edge rushers, shut down corners, big play WRs, and a stud QB.

I would rather have Spiller, Bryant, Berry, or Clausen. These guys appear to be the game changers that rate as top 5 picks.

Bing69 is online now Registered User

Re: Not Suh

I disagree. With Suh being such a dominant force other teams will double team him more than Long, Ryan, Carriker, Little etc. thus freeing them and giving us more pressure. I agree that we need another edge rusher, as Little is old, though i can see us picking up one via draft or free agency. No other player is worth that first pick except Clausen, and the way i feel now, id rather have Suh and go after Locker next year.

As Spags n Devaney said, it starts from the trenches, we need someone like Suh, like it or not

richtree is offline Registered User

I agree with alot of what you say, but then you say Berry or Spiller.

We have SJax, and I doubt Spiller will be on the field at the same time.

Berry is a safety that has power. We have O.A. back there and Berry isn't going to step in and change our defense.

I do agree that our talent at DT isn't bad, but Suh could be an elite Run stopper. You don't pay gret DT's to sack the QB. The should stop the run, create holes for the rushers, and cause havoc and pressure up the middle by not letting the OL get a big push.

Suh is a great prospect, but I do see your agrument. A QB could greatly change our team.

Our biggest advantage in this draft is that we are picking first in the second and third rounds as well !!!! People forget this.! THIS DRAFT IS VERY VERY DEEP !!!!

The first 4 rounds could get starters for us in this draft, plus we have some money in free agency.

2 things would have to happen for us not to get Suh. He would have to have an average combine and 1 of the QB's would have to stand out from the bunch. With Claussen's injury, and us having the #1 pick Suh seems more likely, because we are not taking a Safety or RB in round one unless we trade down. <---- Which may be great.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

If the Rams go DT at #1, I want it to be Gerald McCoy.
    RamsFan16

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

Suh is a special player, he is the BPA !

Why do you want Gerald McCoy over Suh ? He is not as productive as Suh.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

MdRam29 is offline Registered User

Defense wins championships and picking up Suh would be great for the Rams. Building up that DLine is a great way to start rebuilding for the future. Already having Long, Carriker and others will only help.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    If the Rams go DT at #1, I want it to be Gerald McCoy.
    McCoy and Suh appear to be exceptional players, however, that being said, Suh IMO has alot more upside. I don't think there's much question of where Gerald will be lining up in the NFL, but Suh with his remarkable athleticism, will allow Spags to move him around as he gains experience. He also is a guy who can stay on the field in both running and passing situations. He likely won't set the world on fire in his rookie year as he'll be facing bigger and much stronger guards than when in college, but he'll have his moments .. By the end of his second year - lookout!

Quote Originally Posted by Torry Holt View Post
    Suh is a special player, he is the BPA !

Why do you want Gerald McCoy over Suh ? He is not as productive as Suh.
    Stats don't tell the whole story. McCoy has been just as disruptive as Suh in college. McCoy has a little more size, he's also got better technique and is more NFL ready.

I've read several places that McCoy is a better DT than Suh. Also watching video on McCoy shows more.
    RamsFan16

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, it does seem that teams in the NFC need to score more than to stop someone to score.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, it does seem that teams in the NFC need to score more than to stop someone to score.
    Did you watch that Packers and Cards game?

Quite frankly, the way the Ravens and Jets played in the playoffs, the chances of being successful by having a stellar defense and a solid running game are very high. Suh will help this defense a lot, it's that simple.

Everyone wants a high caliber QB and I do as well...if he's a sure thing like Peyton Manning. Like I said, the Jets, for example, were able to get a QB last year because they didn't have as many holes as we did. What did Sanchez do this year? Basically nothing. And yet, they still made it to the playoffs and although he's playing better, he's simply there to manage the game at this point. I think our goal as a team is to get to a point where next year we can draft a QB for the future and rely on the D and running game. I'm also fine with Colt McCoy getting drafted because I think he'd fit into the WCO.

My point is this: fix the Defense and get the Offensive Line in sync and a veteran guy like Bulger or dare I say Michael Vick could run this offense effectively by managing the game while SJax runs down not only our opponent's Defense but also the clock. Meanwhile our Defense gets to rest on the sidelines.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    McCoy has been just as disruptive as Suh in college.
    Actually, its not even close.

In the past two years:

Ndamukong Suh
    158 tackles
    19 sacks
    3 interceptions

Gerald McCoy
    58 tackles
    12 sacks
    1 interception

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Actually, its not even close.

In the past two years:

Ndamukong Suh
    158 tackles
    19 sacks
    3 interceptions

Gerald McCoy
    58 tackles
    12 sacks
    1 interception
    I said, "Stats dont' tell the whole story".
    RamsFan16

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

But isn't that a bit of a copout? If the stats were close, then you could say that. But its not even remotely close. Suh had 100 more tackles than McCoy over two years, along with more than half-again as many sacks. That kind of difference falls well outside any "margin of error," particularly when you note that the players are in the same conference and playing many of the same teams.

McCoy is a very good prospect, and will deservedly be selected in the top 10 (probably top 5) selections of the draft.

Suh is on another level altogether.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

suh is easily better than any of our interior linemen right now, scott and ryan are solid players but we're talking about a guy that can impact every play. our pass rush would seriously improve with this guy and another right end added to the roster.

richtree is offline Registered User

funny how I think this is a really deep draft, but i wonder where Ndamukong Suh would have gone in last years draft?

A guy like BJ Raji has helped make the Packers a top run defense and Suh could help due that in the Lou.

the # 1 pick is a good problem to have. lol !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast