Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    12

    Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    -Brodie Croyle is a rock star. You wont find a more popular player in Alabama than Brodie Croyle. He just seems to have something that makes you fall in love with him. He was, BY FAR, the most popular player in the game. Brodie was the STAR of the Senior Bowl.

    -Freddie Roach is a GREAT MLB. I would love to see him drafted by St.Louis. He was great against the run and was all over the field making plays.

    -Jay Cutler has a cannon. You cant really respect his arm until you see it in real life. It is simply amazing how strong his arm is.

    -DeMeco and Greenway had rough days. DeMeco was supposed to be covering Byrd on that deep pass in the first quarter, but he let up as though he thought that it was supposed to be zone coverage. Greenway seemed to get held up in traffic, which has been a complaint of mine along the way. Neither really hurt themselves today, but they didnt show anything explosive either.

    -D.J. Shockley is not a good QB. I dont know what I saw of him at Georgia, but every single QB aspect that he had seems to have dissapeared.

    -Domonique Byrd would be a good pickup at TE. He has been impressive all week and continued it today, displaying good blocking techniques and pass catching ability. I would love to see him as a Ram next season.

    Thats it for now. I'll answer any questions about what I saw at the game if you have any.

    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.


  2. #2
    rams_fan81's Avatar
    rams_fan81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Age
    21
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    what about abdul hodge

  3. #3
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    what about abdul hodge
    Hodge had a great game. He flowed to the ball well and filled running lanes nicely. Some of it had to do with the LSU RB being hesitant about his runs, but he still did a nice job dissecting plays.

    I think that out of all of the LBs, Freddie Roach probably had the best day. He was in on every play and tackled very well. You could really tell which players out there tried to rely on intelligence more than talent (I.E. Roach and Hodge) They always seemed to be in on a play somehow. While other guys that relied more on their pure talent (I.E. Greenway) seemed to get lost and dominated by the blockers.

    If Roach or Hodge finds their way onto this team, the Rams will be MUCH better defensively.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.


  4. #4
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,483
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    -DeMeco and Greenway had rough days. DeMeco was supposed to be covering Byrd on that deep pass in the first quarter, but he let up as though he thought that it was supposed to be zone coverage. Greenway seemed to get held up in traffic, which has been a complaint of mine along the way. Neither really hurt themselves today, but they didnt show anything explosive either.
    I dunno, I think they actually might have hurt themselves. When you're supposed to be an impact player and disappear in a game like this, it makes you wonder what is going to happen on the next level.

    I didn't get a chance to watch the game because I was spending some time with my family, but everything I heard is that both Greenway and Ryans were pretty quiet. I hear Greenway got faked out pretty big on a DeAngelo Williams run.

    That said, I think Greenway can help his stock because he'll be able to display his physical skills at the combine, and Ryans is looked at as a guy who has "it" and, though he might not have the best measurables, knows the game. But that said, I came away from this week and weekend's game reports feeling better about Huff @ 11.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  5. #5
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I dunno, I think they actually might have hurt themselves. When you're supposed to be an impact player and disappear in a game like this, it makes you wonder what is going to happen on the next level.

    I didn't get a chance to watch the game because I was spending some time with my family, but everything I heard is that both Greenway and Ryans were pretty quiet. I hear Greenway got faked out pretty big on a DeAngelo Williams run.

    That said, I think Greenway can help his stock because he'll be able to display his physical skills at the combine, and Ryans is looked at as a guy who has "it" and, though he might not have the best measurables, knows the game. But that said, I came away from this week and weekend's game reports feeling better about Huff @ 11.
    Well neither one of them had extensive playing time, but both showed their toughness by being in on every special teams play. DeMeco made a nice play on a handoff in the 1st quarter by forcing the runner back inside where the MLB made the tackle. Greenway had some trouble getting off TEs. If one of the two hurt themselves, it was Greenway. The South seemed to love DeMeco though. He lined up at both OLB spots and at MLB during the game. He wasnt used as a blitzer as much, which I think too away from his game. Greenway looked better in coverage, but looked horribly lost on running plays.

    I'm agreeing with you about Huff, although having Ryans and Roach on the same defense would be amazing. They're good friends and they communicate well with eachother on the field. Rayns closed off a few holes which allowed Roach to make some nice tackles. I loved being there and watching these guys on the field after the game. Ryans is one of the nicest guys I know and would be a great addition to this Ram defense, he's a rookie that could step in and be a leader from day one, which is something that I think this defense is missing.
    Last edited by RamJackson39; -01-29-2006 at 04:09 PM.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.


  6. #6
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,483
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    If one of the two hurt themselves, it was Greenway.
    Sorry man, but I don't see how one hurt themselves but not the other. Neither blew anyone away. Heck, they didn't even have to blow people away, but just be a presence, and it doesn't seem like either were.

    Greenway led the North squad in tackles but didn't play well, and Ryans didn't have a single solo tackle and wasn't noticable either. No one had to shatter the earth, but at least show up. It doesn't seem like either did.

    I think Greenway's floating in that mid first round level, maybe to a team like Philly or Minnesota. But I think Ryans is more likely looking at the Patriots or Giants toward the bottom half of the first round. Combines will be very important for these guys if they want to move up, 'cause they certainly didn't do that last week.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  7. #7
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    I'm just going on what I saw at the game. I liked how Ryans forced runners inside against MLBs. Although neither was a force, they both showed up. Greenway just seemed to get lost in traffic to much. I didnt have the best seats in the world, but I dont think either one of them hurt themselves. They both had bright spots. Ryans is more of an assist guy and Greenway is more of the do it yourself type. With these two guys, what do you want? A guy who's going to make every member of the defense a part of the game, or the guy who does it himself. I dont think that you can really go wrong with either of them.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.


  8. #8
    rams_fan81's Avatar
    rams_fan81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Age
    21
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    RamJackson no offense but I think you're a little bias to Alabama players.

  9. #9
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    RamJackson no offense but I think you're a little bias to Alabama players.
    Well, DeMeco is a good friend of mine so...yeah I guess I did become a bit biased there.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.


  10. #10
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    RamJackson no offense but I think you're a little bias to Alabama players.
    And you just now noticed? I'm not saying that I'm not RJ39 but seriously you are and I may sometimes but I atleast know enough to say that Hodge is better than Roach and Greenway is better than Ryans. Ryans had one good year this season and know he is the best LB in football. Greenway has been having good season all his career and his rank in the nation at LB isn't going to drop just because of one season. Even if they did have the best D this season Iowa's D has always been at the top and always consistant.
    RamsFan16

  11. #11
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    And you just now noticed? I'm not saying that I'm not RJ39 but seriously you are and I may sometimes but I atleast know enough to say that Hodge is better than Roach and Greenway is better than Ryans. Ryans had one good year this season and know he is the best LB in football. Greenway has been having good season all his career and his rank in the nation at LB isn't going to drop just because of one season. Even if they did have the best D this season Iowa's D has always been at the top and always consistant.
    Find one post where I claim that Roach is better. I never did. I have ranked Abdul Hodge higher through all of this, I mentioned Roach as a talented MLB who could be picked up later in the draft. I have believed that Ryans is the 2nd best LB in the nation for a while. Statistically, Ryans had a better year last season than this season. He recorded 25 tackles against Arkansas. I've listed the pros and cons for the two. I have maintained the stance that Ryans is the better of the two right now, but that Greenway has more potential.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.


  12. #12
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    Greenway is better than Ryans right now. Ryans is smart he is no where near the athlete as Greenway.
    RamsFan16

  13. #13
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,483
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    It's a difference of opinion, leave it at that.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  14. #14
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Notes from the Senior Bowl...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Greenway is better than Ryans right now. Ryans is smart he is no where near the athlete as Greenway.
    Nick is right. There's no more point in arguing about Ryans and Greenway, especially since theb Rams wont select either of them. They're both around the same level talent wise right now and both would be great additions to the defense. I'd love to have either of them. Let's just leave it at that.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •