Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Now that Spags is the head coach, which Giants free agents could he bring with him?

Here's a list of New York Giants players scheduled for free agency...

FS James Butler
    PK John Carney
    QB David Carr
    CB Kevin Dockery (RFA)
    RB Brandon Jacobs
    DE Jerome McDougle
    CB R.W. McQuarters
    C Grey Ruegamer
    WR Amani Toomer
    RB Derrick Ward
    QB Anthony Wright
    DE Renaldo Wynn
    Personally the only one that really jumps out at me is Butler. Jacobs will likely be resigned and Ward will want to be a starter (and get paid like one) on another team. Toomer doesn't have much left in the tank. David Carr might be an interesting back-up choice for Bulger, but I'm not really thrilled by that possibility. Ruegamer and Wynn could be interesting depth players if we have to restock on either line.

If we could find a way to resign Bartell long-term, franchise tag Atogwe, and then bring in Butler, we'd have the makings of a stronger secondary. Then perhaps orchestrate a trade for Lito Sheppard as our other starting CB? Or am I getting too optimistic here?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Now that Spags is the head coach, which Giants free agents could he bring with hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Here's a list of New York Giants players scheduled for free agency...

Personally the only one that really jumps out at me is Butler. Jacobs will likely be resigned and Ward will want to be a starter (and get paid like one) on another team. Toomer doesn't have much left in the tank. David Carr might be an interesting back-up choice for Bulger, but I'm not really thrilled by that possibility. Ruegamer and Wynn could be interesting depth players if we have to restock on either line.

If we could find a way to resign Bartell long-term, franchise tag Atogwe, and then bring in Butler, we'd have the makings of a stronger secondary. Then perhaps orchestrate a trade for Lito Sheppard as our other starting CB? Or am I getting too optimistic here?
    I Don't think you are being optimistic you are right on. Those are some good ideas for my next mock

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Now that Spags is the head coach, which Giants free agents could he bring with hi

If hypothetically Jacobs is allowed to enter free agency and we would be willing to spend the money(which is highly improbable), just think of that two punch attack with Jackson and Jacobs. Teams would hate playing us, the defenses would know they are in for a beating. Sure its not gonna happen, but it would be sweet if it did.

SMASH and BASH baby!!!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i heard Butler being banded around as an FA that Spags would want to bring in, and tbh it makes such perfect sense that i cant see it not happening. We do need a new SS, Butler is of a good, young age but has experience playing at a high level. I dont think we should get rid of Chavous though, Corey is too good of a mentor to the young players.

i also heard mentioning of Spags wanting to bring Antonio Pierce across but he doesnt appear to be a FA, he could be the MLB we need and we could then push Spoon outside

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    i heard Butler being banded around as an FA that Spags would want to bring in, and tbh it makes such perfect sense that i cant see it not happening. We do need a new SS, Butler is of a good, young age but has experience playing at a high level. I dont think we should get rid of Chavous though, Corey is too good of a mentor to the young players.

i also heard mentioning of Spags wanting to bring Antonio Pierce across but he doesnt appear to be a FA, he could be the MLB we need and we could then push Spoon outside

Hmm, I wonder if they will take Drew Bennett, Alex Barron, Antonio Pittman, Chris Draft, and Fakhir Brown for Pierce. Sounds like an even deal to me.