Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NT Tank Tyler

Country is offline Registered User

NT Tank Tyler

I have a question for everyone, is the Rams need at NT so bad that they should really be targeting NT Tank Tyler form NC State in the draft. The Rams could afford to trade down and pick him, which would give them more picks.

Tyler is 6'2" and 320lbs. and benched 225lbs 44 times.

im_a_king_co07 is offline Registered User

Re: NT Tank Tyler

He is a beast, and with that extra second rounder we could draft a second round dt also and with our other pick, get a linebacker, cornerback or wide reciever for future purposes. Tank tyler has been spoken about alot by rams fans. I would want him, okoye, or carriker if we draft a 1st round DL.

sparker is offline Registered User

IF he's there at #13 we should take Okoye.....PERIOD.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Per Scott Wright's website, Tyler measured in at 6'2" and 306. And I believe he pressed 42 times.

If that's correct, I'm not sure I'd pursue a trade down for Tyler (306 lbs.) and pass on Okoye (302 lbs.) just because Tyler is billed as a more classic NT.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sparker is offline Registered User

Actually I amend my last statement.....whomever the Rams have highest on there draft board should be selected. Regardless if that's Okoye, Tank, Carriker, Levi Brown, Willis, etc.

Should they have two or more players atop there board rated equally when it's there selection, then you can consider position.

But ALWAYS take the "Best Player Available" in the first few rounds regardless of position.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I really would prefer not to go with Tyler anywhere in the first round right now, and I certainly wouldn't trade down 8-10 spots and pass on a better prospect to take him.

How about we draft a linebacker like puz or pat willis in the 1st round and pitcock in the 2nd? would we be able to trade down and get puz?

Country is offline Registered User

What are peoples problems with Tank Tyler, what are the critisisms?

I dont have a problem with him but id rather have someone thats bigger but a trade down and an extra pick wouldnt hurt my feelings in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    What are peoples problems with Tank Tyler, what are the critisisms?
    Questionable work ethic, does not play hard on every down, questionable intelligence, really kind of burst onto the scene as a senior so there are questions about if he's a one-year wonder, inconsistent at the Senior Bowl in drills. He has multiple character red flags including (1) a suspension after being ejected for spitting toward a game official, (2) an arrest for assaulting a Raleigh police officer, and (3) a citation for being intoxicated and disruptive in a public place where he supposedly was challenging people to fight him.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Wow Nick, sounds like a perfect fit for the Bengals or Titans with that rap sheet. Could you imagine him and Pacman Jones on the same team?

You would need a parole office as an assistant coach

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sparker View Post
    IF he's there at #13 we should take Okoye.....PERIOD.
    Couldn't agree more, he is going to be a rare talent and if we luck out and he is there It will be the best draft since 98 to me,

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Wow Nick, sounds like a perfect fit for the Bengals or Titans with that rap sheet. Could you imagine him and Pacman Jones on the same team?

You would need a parole office as an assistant coach
    Maybe the parole officer is their agent.

Either way, I don't think we can trade down and pass up on better prospects (both in terms of talent and character) to trade down and take someone like Tyler, who seems to be slipping into Round Two anyways.

CoMoChief Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    I have a question for everyone, is the Rams need at NT so bad that they should really be targeting NT Tank Tyler form NC State in the draft. The Rams could afford to trade down and pick him, which would give them more picks.

Your looking at a guy that benefitted from playing next to Mario Williams and Manny Lawson. Chiefs made that mistake when drafting Ryan Sims in 2002 when Sims played next to Julius Peppers.

Rams would be better off with taking Okoye if he falls which I think he will.

Dominator is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
    Your looking at a guy that benefitted from playing next to Mario Williams and Manny Lawson. Chiefs made that mistake when drafting Ryan Sims in 2002 when Sims played next to Julius Peppers.

Rams would be better off with taking Okoye if he falls which I think he will.
    Okoye is a better prospect than Tank. I'm not a huge Tank fan. Nice in the second, but too many character issues for the first. Still, Tank playing next to Williams is irrelevant since he didn't really put up the numbers until this year when Mario W. and Lawson were in the NFL. In fact, per Nick, being a one-year wonder is one of the knocks against him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast