Country is offline Registered User

NT Tank Tyler [NC State]

I have been mentioning this guy on a number of different threads and NIck and I have had our own running conversation about him. I was wondering whjat everyone thought of this guy and the possibility of trading down and grabbing him.

Pros:
    Need: Fills the Rams biggest need at the NT spot.
    Size: 6'2" 320lbs.
    Intensity: Tank is a firey player that brawls in the games, something Kennedy does not.
    Strength: 42 bench press reps.

Cons:
    Character: he has been arrested and ejected from a game.
    Conditioning: but what 320lbs. man stays fresh all game long.
    Pass Rush: Tyler is not an elite pass rusher on the inside.

I like Tyler he fills a huge need of a big thig to play NT and allow Spoon to make plays. What does everyone think about him?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: NT Tank Tyler [NC State]

We need so much help defensively, that I'm under the impression the more the merrier.

If Tank is as good as Branch or the kid from Louisville, take him for the trade down. There really isn't anyone I can point my finger at in this years draft and say go get him....outside of Johnson from Georgia Tech.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

i don't think he's great value at #13, but if he's there in the 2nd (doubtful) then by all means. i think, despite the concerns, branch is a better prospect, but if amobi okoye is there, the "kid from louisville" is the obvious #1.

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

If we take him in the second round great! But we should not trade down from #13-Only if he falls to our current pick in the second round. I don't like the idea of trading down for him because of his off-field problems. Looks to me like the NFL will start to punish guys like Pacman, and Tyler seems to be the type of player who will have run ins with the law, so we could lose him for parts of the season-If he is not on the field playing what good is he to us?:\

Tyler should not be compared to Pac Man the only person that should be compared to Pac Man is Don Corleon.

Here is a great interview with Tank Tyler

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=11474

keith m. klink Guest

you know , everyone deserves a second chance, except for murderers, rapists and child molesters, ( TAKE THEM OUT IN THE TOWN SQUARE , AND HANG THEM PIECES OF CRAP HIGH), so , tank sould get a chance to prove he is not a spoiled , selfish child. but remember, linehan gave BYRD a second chance, and , BYRD is who he is , and some other coach, called vermeil, gave some kid from nebraska a second chance, LAWERANCE phillips, SOMEBODY OR ANOTHER, and i think he is in prison for armed robbery, or something of the sort. most of the time , you are what you seem to show people you are. but i'll give tyler a second chance, but i don't want to here one word from anyone if heturns out to be what we see of him, so there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    you know , everyone deserves a second chance, except for murderers, rapists and child molesters, ( TAKE THEM OUT IN THE TOWN SQUARE , AND HANG THEM PIECES OF CRAP HIGH), so , tank sould get a chance to prove he is not a spoiled , selfish child. but remember, linehan gave BYRD a second chance, and , BYRD is who he is , and some other coach, called vermeil, gave some kid from nebraska a second chance, LAWERANCE phillips, SOMEBODY OR ANOTHER, and i think he is in prison for armed robbery, or something of the sort. most of the time , you are what you seem to show people you are. but i'll give tyler a second chance, but i don't want to here one word from anyone if heturns out to be what we see of him, so there ya go.
    It is a risk taking a player that has had run ins with the law, but he explains it well that he made a mistake being out with the worng corwd.

The thing that scares me the most is when they have a group of friends from back in the day that are negative influences on them.

keith m. klink Guest

that is a real good point , and you see it more and more , old neighborhood pal's or guy's looking to cash in on the new found wealth of an old buddie. it's like hey man , we can be your posse, and take care of stuff while you play. and these guy's just latch on , and act like immature juveniles, and the player end's up getting the brunt of the trouble and chriticism for it. you see some players say, hey man , you just cause too much trouble and i can't be around you anymore. and some need to feel like they are someone special, so all the guy's can hang around and skrew off cus i make 5million bucks a year , and thats what the differance is from a mature player , to a child. i really hope that what he said in his interview really does happen. you can't deny the talent, i just hope that the maturity is there .