Thread: NY Bias

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

NY Bias

I was just thinking of how much I hate listening to all the Jets fan bleep & moan about their draft picks every year. Why do they get to host the draft every year? I can understand in the past, when the draft was just a group of guys huddled in room picking college players, but now it has become an Event. I'm sure the league offices and what not are located in NYC, but is it really all that much trouble for Goodell to hop in a plane than to get in a limo? What I'm getting at is the draft should rotate cities every year much like the Super Bowl does. Let other fans experience the thrill that has become the NFL Draft in their city. Bring the Draft to the Lou! -or Indy or Nashville -just get in my general parameter!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: NY Bias

I agree. It would be cool if the draft were either rotated, or held in the city of the reigning Super Bowl Champion.

richtree is offline Registered User

No offense....but you wouldn't have 20 plus potential picks coming to anywhere other than New York or LA...or maybe Vegas (too many problems)...

Your experience would be better if you took a vacation to NYC.....for the draft....enjoy !

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

That's absurd. If players want that photo op moment, they wouldn't go to Chicago, or Dallas, or Miami, or even St. Louis to have it?

I don't buy that one for a minute.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -04-28-2011 at 02:56 PM.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Man I am with you guys here. If they got anywhere close I would have to go. I don't see why it hasn't been done before. The superbowl, pro bowl, pre season, and regular season games have all been played in a different spot before so why not the draft.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Frankly I don't care, I've attended a draft, the NHL, and it's not very exciting in person. I'd rather watch at home, in which case it doesn't matter where it is.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Frankly I don't care, I've attended a draft, the NHL, and it's not very exciting in person. I'd rather watch at home, in which case it doesn't matter where it is.
    u can't compare an NHL draft to NFL.....smh

harrydog is offline Registered User

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do move it around to other locations but I like tradition. Keep it in NY.
    And like richtree said, if you want to attend so badly just plan for it and turn it into a mini-vacation. There's plenty to do in the big apple.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do move it around to other locations but I like tradition. Keep it in NY.
    And like richtree said, if you want to attend so badly just plan for it and turn it into a mini-vacation. There's plenty to do in the big apple.
    I obviously don't wanna go bad enough to drive a 1000 miles one way but if it were 300 or so I wouldn't mind going.