Truth is offline Registered User

O'Brien says Texans will draft QB

Interesting. If true, this puts the Rams in a very good spot at #2. Now, what do we do? Should we draft Clowney? Trade down?

Texans' O'Brien: 'We'll draft a quarterback' | FOX Sports on MSN

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: O'Brien says Texans will draft QB

The context of the article seems to be one where the Texans acknowledge they're going to take a QB, but just aren't sure where yet. So really, this changes nothing. I still think the odds are with them taking Bortles first, but they're simply acknowledging what we all have known in that they could take one later if they feel there's a prospect at the top of Round One they can't pass on.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Interesting. If true, this puts the Rams in a very good spot at #2. Now, what do we do? Should we draft Clowney? Trade down?
    Truth be told (sorry couldn't resist) I think we need to draft Watkins at #2 and not trade it away because he won't be there after #4 (Cleveland). This last week with the DeSean Jackson situation it made me realize we need to have an offensive weapon that will keep DC's awake at night before they play us. I belive that Cook and Austin will play better next season, but Watkins added to that equation could make us more dangerous, if not formidable. Plus we'd have Chris Givens on the other side, who's no slouch, plus Brian Quick when the situation calls for a more physical type. And it will add strength to the running game as defenses will have to stay honest in their coverage. Lastly I think Watkins gives us what we haven't had since Torry Holt's departure a true #1 receiver.

I bring up the issue of DeSean Jackson because the ***** have been linked to have an interest and I did hear only once that Seattle is also interested. Consider the impact on their offenses and then consider what we posted on offense last year. We need to score more TD's if we're going to win 3-4 more games. It's more than that such as getting off the field on 3rd down, but more TD's is essential.

Go Rams!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I bring up the issue of DeSean Jackson because the ***** have been linked to have an interest and I did hear only once that Seattle is also interested.
    The Seahawks are reportedly not interested (source).