FestusRam is offline Registered User

Obvious Round 1 Selection but 2?

Ok, my vote is for Suh round one. Thats an obvious pick you cant pass up

But round 2? I see many people wanting to acquire Alexander and i agree and disagree with it both.

The reason i agree is, he is very talented receiver with great size. He would fit exceptionally well into the West Coast O. I've seen him catch screens many times and just break them for 50+ yards.

However, I feel like if we acquire another WR this off season it should be a veteran. Not another rookie. I dont beleive the rams will draft him in the 2nd but I honestly don't know. What do you think about it?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Obvious Round 1 Selection but 2?

Hmmmm... I personally don't think we need another WR neither. Hire Bruce for WR coach and let him teach them. But with the 2nd pick, I wouldn't like to spend it on D again but i wouldn't be able to pass up on Sean Weatherspoon. And I am in love with Suh first..... i don't think we should hesitate at that 1.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

I think if Weatherspoon is there at the top of 2 he should be the pick. There are a lot of talented OLB's in the draft which is true, but most of the round 2 wide outs have a lot of area for improvement be it route running or beefing up to get off the jam et all.

The Rams NEED help in the LB corps and what better way to chip in that to grab a hometown playmaker.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Barring a phenominal offseason, Danario Alexander probably won't be great value at the top of the second round. That being said, I think there may be some good WR prospects of appropriate value there, and I wouldn't be against taking one if the Rams think he has #1 receiver potential. Receivers I would keep an eye on as round two possibilities (some more likely to be there than others) would be Damian Williams, Brandon LaFell, Golden Tate, Demaryius Thomas, Arrelious Benn, and Dezmon Briscoe.

Based on whom I think may be available at the top of the second round, I think there will also be some compelling options at DE (Wootton, Graham), OLB (Bowman, Weatherspoon), CB (Robinson, Warren, Cox), OT (Ducasse, Brown), and TE (Gresham, Gronkowski, Hernandez). Plus, potentally a QB as well depending on how the second tier of guys move up and down boards this offseason.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Barring a phenominal offseason, Danario Alexander probably won't be great value at the top of the second round. That being said, I think there may be some good WR prospects of appropriate value there, and I wouldn't be against taking one if the Rams think he has #1 receiver potential. Receivers I would keep an eye on as round two possibilities (some more likely to be there than others) would be Damian Williams, Brandon LaFell, Golden Tate, Demaryius Thomas, Arrelious Benn, and Dezmon Briscoe.

Based on whom I think may be available at the top of the second round, I think there will also be some compelling options at DE (Wootton, Graham), OLB (Bowman, Weatherspoon), CB (Robinson, Warren, Cox), OT (Ducasse, Brown), and TE (Gresham, Gronkowski, Hernandez). Plus, potentally a QB as well depending on how the second tier of guys move up and down boards this offseason.
    You just eat, sleep and breathe offseason/draft stuff don't you Nick? Totally a good thing btw. I've been trying to keep up with these types of things, but you seem to have it all covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    You just eat, sleep and breathe offseason/draft stuff don't you Nick? Totally a good thing btw. I've been trying to keep up with these types of things, but you seem to have it all covered.
    Not as much this year as previous years, but I try my best to keep up and stay informed! DVR has certainly helped when it comes to catching games during the college football season.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I totally disagree with these comments. Alexander will be creeping up to first round material. Golden Tate is more of the reggie bush type (not as good though). Golden Tate will slip. Tate doesn't have a big body nor will he post insane combine numbers. I think if Tate played for any other school besides ND he wouldn't get recognized as much.

I rank WR's this way :

1. Bryant
    2. LaFell
    3. Benn
    4. Alexander
    5. Gilyard

Risers:

Decker, Briscoe, Cooper, White

Fallers:

Tate, Shipley, D.Thomas, D.Williams

Sleepers:

Naaman Roosevelt, Seyi Ajirotutu, Kerry Meier

I need more time and will re-examine but WR's are who I watch the most as most know that followed my posts from last year's draft. I believe round 2 will have a ton of WR's come of the board this year and we cannot afford to wait until round 3 for one.

I am 90% certain Alexander will be better in the NFL than Tate.

I feel as long as Alexander runs sub 4.49 time at the combine he will be a top 40 pick and could get into the 1-2 round frindge.

Tate would be my 6th WR but only for teams that what use him in the Percy Harvin/Reggie Bush type role. He can be a 3rd WR after you have 2 solid WR's which we definately don't.

I don't know if Tate is fast enough to play that role at the NFL level. His combine stats are vital in bench/shuttle/vert/40.

He could slip almost out of first round completely with a bad combine.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

I am a big Gresham fan, TE, Oklahoma. If he is there at the top of the 2nd, I really hope that we pick him up. Unless if he has some sport of miserable combine, I think his value will outweigh almost anybody else at the top of the 2nd.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Being that Suh is a given. OLB? Weatherspoon. DE? Graham. WR? i hope we wait on one here but i suppose Benn would be the guy for me. TE? who else? Gresham. QB? again i hope we dont go QB here but...heck nvm, i dont want a QB here at ALL, i think Lefevour can be had at the top of the third. If for some reason we went o-line which i don't see happening I would love Iupati. We can wait until later rounds CB. Honestly i want us to get Weatherspoon here and go for Alexander at perhaps the top of the third. Ducasse is another guy id like to take a fourth or fifth round flyer on. Very powerful and could mesh perfectly at the RT spot.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I totally disagree with these comments. Alexander will be creeping up to first round material. Golden Tate is more of the reggie bush type (not as good though). Golden Tate will slip. Tate doesn't have a big body nor will he post insane combine numbers. I think if Tate played for any other school besides ND he wouldn't get recognized as much.
    I don't think Alexander creeps up into first round material unless he (1) displays enough speed to convince scouts he can get separation at the next level, or (2) is a good enough route runner to create separation if he can't do it with speed. Right now, I simply don't see him as good value at the top of the second. But a strong offseason where he answers those concerns could change that.

As for Tate, I probably agree with you more than I disagree, though I think his versatility could convince a team he's worthy of a late first round selection. The problem is when you get outside of the top twenty, a lot of these guys become more interchangible as their draft grades become closer.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I am 90% certain Alexander will be better in the NFL than Tate.
    I wouldn't be surprised by this at all, which is why if he's available in the third, I would give him very strong consideration. But my point is he's going to have to have a strong offseason to move up draft boards and become a good value at the top of the second or even in the late first round, as I don't think he's there quite yet. The sub 4.5 forty time you mentioned would probably help his cause, but from what I've seen and read about his Senior Bowl showing so far, it's not been stellar.

TheRammer Guest

We think we should take SUH because he'll be the BPA but when the second round comes you want to go away from that phylisophy? That just doens't make sense at all! I personally would love to take a offensive player QB maybe or WR in the second but if the BPA is Witherspoon which I can see happening why not take him?