chiguy is offline Registered User

Offensive needs in the draft

OK, so we clearly need some interior lineman in this next draft. However, we might also consider drafting at skill positions. If Stephen Davis doesn't come back, this would be a good opportunity to get a change of pace back or even someone who might put a little pressure on SJ so that he keeps improving. I also think we could use a tall wide receiver, if not just a WR in general with two of them in contract years (I'm right about that, no?).

The question is, how high do we spend our draft picks on offensive players given all of the defensive needs?

LMU93 is offline Registered User

Re: Offensive needs in the draft

The Rams definitely have to invest in both the RB and WR positions in the Draft. Probably in the 3rd and 4th round range, but I don't expect Davis or Fisher back at RB, and McDonald will be gone- and possibly Curtis- at WR.

With the interior OL we'll have next year- Incognito, Terrell, Setterstrom, and Goldberg, I'd prefer to add a quality free agent to the mix rather than drafting a center or guard.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Re: Offensive needs in the draft

None until the 4th round at a minimum. Until then............DEFENSE. I think that we should target another guard and a tackle and definately a WR that will serve us in PR and KR's. Running backs might be needed but I think we could pick someone up off the wire that can be a 3rd down back.