Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

McFadden runs a 4.27

Holy macaroni! D-Mac running a 4.27 is incredible - fastest time at the combine.

:l

-jake-
    Last edited by evil disco man; -02-24-2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: EDIT: unofficial time

STLunatic is offline Registered User

Re: McFadden runs a 4.27

He ran a 4.33, Chris Johnson ran the fastest time at the bine with an amazing 4.24.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

Re: McFadden runs a 4.27

No. Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 and McFadden ran a 4.33 per the offical results by the NFL

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Official 2008 NFL Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dominator View Post
    Gholston is probably on the juice, but you can say that about every player at the combine. Gholston is well known to be a bodybuilder. In fact, one of the knocks against him is that his first love is bodybuilding and he only plays football because he is such a phenomenal athlete.
    I have to admit this guy would look great in the HORNS!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Interesting news from the combine this morning. Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston ran an unofficial 4.64, very good for a defensive lineman. Virginia's Chris Long ran an unofficial 4.71, also an impressive time.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Interesting news from the combine this morning. Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston ran an unofficial 4.64, very good for a defensive lineman. Virginia's Chris Long ran an unofficial 4.71, also an impressive time.
    LOL he ran faster than Bowman...that can't be good for a WR to be outran by defensive lineman.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And Quentin Groves ran a 4.5?!? This guy has gotta be removed from the "10 foot pole" list and be placed squarely on the Rams' radar screen. Yeah, he'll need some work and to gain a little bulk, but at 6'3" he's got some room to grow. Oddly enough he's already 15+ Lbs. heavier than L. Little was when he was drafted and Leonard never played DE like Groves has since he was a LB at Tennessee.

WHAT SAY YE?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    And Quentin Groves ran a 4.5?!? This guy has gotta be removed from the "10 foot pole" list and be placed squarely on the Rams' radar screen. Yeah, he'll need some work and to gain a little bulk, but at 6'3" he's got some room to grow. Oddly enough he's already 15+ Lbs. heavier than L. Little was when he was drafted and Leonard never played DE like Groves has since he was a LB at Tennessee.

WHAT SAY YE?

I agree with you completely. I never thought he should have been on the 10 ft pole list in the first place. Jake Long Quentin Groves combo on the first day would look really good.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

McFadden runs 4.33 in the 40 yard dash

Excellent performance by McFadden. This I think should open up our options for trading down from #2, a lot of teams were already interested in McFadden and that interest has only increased now. Seeing how well Adrian Peterson performed as a rookie last year will make a lot of teams focus on McFadden as this year's Peterson - it's a copycat league after all.

#3 Atlanta Falcons
    #4 Oakland Raiders
    #6 New York Jets
    #7 New England Patriots

Should all be interested in McFadden and should be good options for trading down for us. If Chris Long is off the board I would seriously look into trading down with one of those teams - I'm not sure what the value chart says, we could get an extra 3rd rounder for sure I think, maybe even a 2nd if we get really lucky.

Link

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: McFadden runs 4.33 in the 40 yard dash

I am really becoming a fan of Chris Long, and I don't think he will last long, especially after he too had a strong combine.
    BUT... if we got a GREAT deal for that #2 spot, then it would be fine by me.

bigredman is offline Registered User

The talk coming out the combine is that McFadden is a BEAST. Last year, scouts were saying the same thing about Peterson, and we all know how that worked out for the Vikings. McFadden, by all reports, is surpassing Peterson's performance at the combine. That should be enough to get Miami to bite, and leave Long for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post

WHAT SAY YE?
    I think it's slightly premature to put a player squarely on your radar because he runs a 4.5. Just because he runs fast doesn't mean he has the proper technique and ultimately the genuine ability too shed blocks as a DE at the NFL level. It's something he struggled with in college, as he dissapeared at times this year. Look at the Tigers v. Tigers bowl game. Hardly a dominating performance, was it? All I'm saying is that 4.5 speed does not equate to the ability to shed blocks and get to the passer. He may well be a nice prospect and an absoulte beast. But in reality, all that 4.5 speed really equates to...is 4.5 speed.

It's the age old argument...when in a game does a player line up in a track stance and run 40 yards downfield?

I'm not "not" advocating the selection of Groves as a round 2 target, but it's the perfect example of how someone can be a combine phenom and not have the on-field grounding to show that it will translate to an NFL level.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

the thing about Miami is that they are getting in a situation like the Texans had, pick the high profile running back, considered to be the best in the draft, or pick a defensive player that would really help that side of the ball considerably. Considering that Miami have Reggie Brown already, and that Mario Williams is really playing well for the Texans now, i can really see the Dolphins taking a defensive player, especially after losing Zach Thomas and with Jason Taylor getting old. For McFadden to go to Miami he has to really really impress them in the run up to the draft.

The problem Miami are also facing is which defensive player to pick? Do they go with one of Chris Long or Dorsey, who are widely regarded as the top DL picks, or will they get enamoured with a player like Gholston or Ellis, who could impress with workouts etc. If they do like Gholston or Ellis then they would definitely trade down to pick.

Although the Dolphins need help at a lot of positions, dont be too surprised if someone like the Falcons maybe move up to the Number 1 spot so that they can definitely grab McFadden, as if the Falcons fall in love with him they might want to prevent someone like the Jets trading with the Rams and moving above them. And the Falcons are a run heavy team, so someone like McFadden would be absolutely perfect for them.

Ramer is offline Registered User

What a Beast, too bad we weren't shopping for a RB. Do you think Miami will bite?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Groves, at best, is now on the "9 foot pole" list as far as I'm concerned. Yes, he worked out well - as I expected he would - but I still have the concerns I expressed about him previously.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast