Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Lefevour to throw at the combine

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Interesting choice. Overall I think it is a good decisions, and can understand why someone will wait to throw to receivers that they trust.
    It is somewhat disappointing however. They won't likely have a true rapport built up with their new teams in the NFL, so I would like to see how they adjust to some duress.

rob6465 is offline Registered User

Re: The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread

Thanks for the posting. Watching combines and just saw Mitch Pterus(G) tie the bench press record with 45. Russell Okung (OL) bench pressed 38.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Golden Tate met with the Rams thursday night, and like Greshem could definitely be an option at the top of the second round

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rob6465 View Post
    Thanks for the posting. Watching combines and just saw Mitch Pterus(G) tie the bench press record with 45. Russell Okung (OL) bench pressed 38.
    Okung's total is pretty fierce for a guy with his arm length.

OU's Gerald McCoy measured in @ 6'4 1/8 and 295 pounds, which I believe is pretty close to his listed numbers.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Bruce Campbell(OL)-Maryland is looking very good in combines. He did 34 max in bench press and continues to do well in other results. He is projected as a late 1st rd, some have him going to packers at 23.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

INDIANAPOLIS — Terrence Cody’s 370-pound frame was the talk of the Senior Bowl last month. Now, the Alabama defensive tackle has lost 16 pounds, somewhat easing concerns about his weight.

Cody weighed in at 354 pounds Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine. He was listed at 365 during his senior season at Alabama, where NFL.com’s Gil Brandt said the lineman never weighed under 356.

According to Brandt, Cody needs to drop his weight to 350. It appears he’s nearly there.

– Justin Hathaway
    The only question now is can get keep it that way.

Coach Spags is on the combine NFL Network set and I like him. I also like the fact that is was mentioned by Casserly that even though team was 1-15 that people noticed how hard they worked. Trust me we'll be okay in next 3-5 years.

Catching Up with Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford
    Posted >Sat, February 27, 2010 02:20
    by Nick Wagoner

INDIANAPOLIS -

- Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford addressed the media today and took on all questions about his surgically-repaired shoulder, his potential draft status and where he fits at the NFL level.

- Bradford is set to meet with the Rams tonight in the first of what figures to be a long getting-to-know-you process. I'll have a story on the Bradford vs. Clausen debate later tonight but for now, here's the bulk of Bradford's interview...

(What are you hearing about your health status?)
    Obviously there are a lot of questions about my shoulder. I think it checked out really well yesterday when I went to all of the team physicals. No one found anything they weren’t expecting to find. I am in a great rehab program right now. My throwing sessions are really starting to pick up in intensity. My last throwing session was over 100 throws. My arm feels great after I throw, it hasn’t been sore yet. So it feels really good and I am really happy with where it’s at.

(Are they testing your range of motion or stretching out the arm at all?)
    A little bit of both. They are looking for strength and for how much range of motion I have.

(How long were you at hospital yesterday?)
    I was there for a while, a couple hours.

(What exactly was surgery on the shoulder?)
    It was a reconstruction of the AC joint. They just went in with like a nylon braid and put the clavicle back in place and pretty much re-secured the joint.

(Do you second guess yourself at all for trying to come back after the first injury?)
    No. I don’t second guess that decision at all. If I wouldn’t have tried to come back, there’s no way I could have lived with that decision. Everyone we talked to at the time said that I could come back and play. No one thought I needed surgery after the first injury so I don’t think I made a wrong decision at all with that.

(When is your pro day?)
    March 25. Yes.

(How important will that be?)
    It’s extremely important. Obviously it will be the first time that I have been with pro scouts since they have seen me play when I got injured. I think everyone is really anxious to see my arm and how it looks after surgery.

(How bad was the shoulder and did you really need the surgery?)
    It was a grade three separation and from what I have heard from doctors after the second time, for my long term health if I wanted to continue playing football and get stronger in the weight room I needed to have the surgery.

(How important is it to you to be No. 1?)
    I think everyone dreams about being No. 1. I think through this process I have been preparing myself and show those teams everything I have. It’s not up to me at the end of the day, it’s up to them. I am really not worried about what I can’t control.

(Do you feel like you’re the best quarterback in the draft?)
    To be honest, I haven’t seen all the quarterbacks play. I am not going to compare myself to them. I know that I am a good player. I have confidence in my ability and I feel like when teams see me throw on the 25th they will really see what they are getting.

(Was it important for you to put some weight on before coming here?)
    Definitely. That’s something, especially coming back from the injury I wanted to get in the weight room and put some weight on. I came in at a good weight yesterday. There were some questions about my weight last year. People thought I was too small to come out so I won’t have to answer any of those questions this year and it’s something I have put a lot of work into.

(How much weight have you put on?)
    Since the last time I played, I have probably put on about 12 pounds.

(what was your height and weight?)
    Yesterday I was 6’4, 236.

(What have teams told you about what they like about you or your strengths?)
    They usually don’t tell you. They ask you those questions. So, I am still trying to get a feel for it. I’m sure once I get picked, they will tell me what they feel like I do well and what I need to improve on.

(How often are you throwing right now?)
    I throw every other day. That’s the schedule I am on right now. When I get back from the combine I am hoping to finish my rehab schedule and get to throw every day.

(What kind of throwing have you been doing?)
    They are 20-40 yards and I am putting as much as I can on it. I feel like if you want to get your arm stronger that’s what you have got to do. It’s gotten stronger every time I have thrown and it really feels good right now. No discomfort.

(What do you think you bring to the table in terms of leadership?)
    I think I am a great leader. I think if you ask any of my teammates that played with me at Oklahoma, they would tell you I was one of the leaders on our team. I can be vocal, I think a lot of people question that. But they don’t see our practices, they don’t see what I do in our locker room. I am vocal, I will get after guys when I need to. I also like to lead by example and that’s something I believe in. If you don’t practice what you preach, no one is going to follow you. I believe I have all the different leadership styles you need to be a good leader.

(How do you think you’d fit in a West Coast offense?)
    I feel like my style can adapt to any system. I think people will look at what we did last year at Oklahoma and just see a spread offense but if you look at my first year at Oklahoma we were under center a lot. I believe it was 50/50 that we were in a two-back pro style set. I feel like I have the skills to really adapt to any system.

(What do you expect in meeting with Rams tonight?)
    I expect it to be like all the other meetings. I am sure they will ask me some questions about myself, my background. I am sure they will turn on the tape, watch some of the things I have done at Oklahoma and try to figure out how I process things. I don’t think it will be any different than any of my meetings with other teams.

(Will you tell them the Peyton Manning line about making them pay if they don’t draft you?)
    I don’t know. I haven’t thought that far ahead yet.

(When you got hurt, it seemed like you might have lost your chance to be the No. 1 pick, did you think about that at all?)
    I never really felt that way. I know a lot of people thought that but nothing changed the player I was. Just because I got hurt doesn’t change anything I have done in the past. It doesn’t change my work ethic. I know I had to work that much harder to get myself back in the position to have that opportunity but I feel like I have worked extremely hard. but it’s not up to me, I don’t get to pick, I know I am going to get stronger, put on a good show and show everyone what I have.

(What are the characteristics of being a quarterback that you have that makes you a contender for this top pick?)
    I think if you look at everything I have done at Oklahoma not only on the field but off the field, the things I am involved with, I think a lot of times people look at what you say, how you handle press conferences and obviously that’s a big part but I think if you really take a look and see how I interact with people on a daily basis, the things I do in my personal life, I think you will see that I put the effort in to everything. Academics is something I put a lot of effort into. I really think everything I do, I give my best and I think I am going to do my best for whatever team takes me.

(Have you reached out to Matt Ryan or Matthew Stafford to help you through this process?)
    I haven’t reached out to those guys yet. I think it’s something I definitely will do when I get farther along in the process, especially the closer the draft comes and the closer I get to entering rookie camp just to understand what it’s going to be like. I can learn a lot from them just because they have been through this process before.

(What are your thoughts on Ndamukong Suh?)
    He’s a great player. We saw him this year. I was on the sideline for that game so I got to watch him. He’s a great player but I think we have a great defensive tackle at Oklahoma as well. I think Gerald McCoy is a great player too so I wouldn’t rule that out.

(Do you talk to McCoy about being the top pick?)
    No. I just saw Gerald for the first time last night. We don’t talk about that stuff. I wish Gerald the best, he wishes me the best. We are going to be happy for each other no matter what happens.

(How much do you work on taking snaps under center in the offseason?)
    Yeah. I think people have this misconception if you play in the spread, you play in the shotgun that you don’t know how to take a drop. It’s just a shorter drop. When you are in the gun, you still take a three step drop. At Oklahoma at practice every day, our first drops were under center. Our coach made us take drops under center. We threw two out routes, the first was under center, the second was in the gun. I am very comfortable with being under center. It’s something I have done since I have been in college going back to high school. It’s nothing new to me.

(What do you tell teams are your greatest assets?)
    I think I am extremely accurate. I think you have to be to be successful as a quarterback. You can be smart, make all the right reads but if you can’t deliver the ball you are not going to be successful. I think I have great feet. I make a lot of athletic throws. I am able to throw on the run really well. I have a great presence in the pocket. I am able to stand in there and deliver the ball under pressure while taking the hit. I am a competitor. I love to compete, I love to win. I have loved to win since I was little and that’s not going to change.

(How do you feel about being a face of the franchise wherever you go?)
    I really don’t think I would necessarily be the face of the franchise. It’s still a team game. There are a bunch of guys who people look to when they think of that franchise. If people want to put that on me, it’s something I will embrace and I’m sure I will have to grow into it but I will learn the ropes just like I did when I was at Oklahoma.

(Can you take us through the play you were hurt on against BYU?)
    Yeah, they brought pressure from the backside and I tried to roll out and the guy just wrapped me up and unfortunately he landed on me and I landed on my right shoulder and I ended up separating my shoulder.

(Have you talked to Alex Smith about that surgery?)
    Yeah, I actually talked to him before I had surgery. I know he has the same procedure by Dr. Andrews. He just told me what to expect from the rehab standpoint and what he went through so I knew what to expect.

(What do you think you gained by coming back?)
    Mentally, I think I made leaps and bounds. Just another year in school, it was another year to mature on and off the field. When I got hurt, you step away from the game, you look at the offense from a different perspective and I think I was able to do that. Sometimes when you are on the field you are going so fast that when a coach calls a play you just run it then afterwards look back on it and wonder why did we run that? But when you are on the sideline and you see the call come in, you are really able to slow things down and really understand why we are calling that on certain defensive looks. SO I think mentally I gained a lot from this year.

(Does your arm feel strong right now?)
    Yes. I think Dr. Andrews is extremely happy with it. He feels like I am ahead of schedule right now. The velocity I am putting on the ball and some of the throws I am able to make right now, I feel like with another month’s work, I will be able to make all the throws I was able to make before with probably some more arm strength than I had before.

(the Rams have said they’d like you to see an independent doctor in addition to their doctors and Dr. Andrews. Are you OK with that?)
    Yeah, that’s fine. I have nothing to hide. My shoulder is fine. They can get whoever they want to to look at it. I don’t think it’s going to change. They are going to see that it’s strong, it’s healthy, it’s better than ever.

(Would you be OK with going to a rebuilding team?)
    I think it’s a great opportunity. To have the opportunity to play for a team in the NFL whether it’s rebuilding or successful, to be part of an organization and getting to play on Sundays is something I really look forward to.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Did you guys get to see Jimmy Graham at the combine today? Guy opened my eyes today with his athleticism and soft hands. Ran a 4.57 on his best time and I believe a 4.6 flat his second time. All of that on a 6'6 260 pound frame. Ran good routes in the receiving drills and dropped one ball thrown behind in the receiving gauntlet. What do you guys think of keeping Fells, Bajema, and adding a Graham to the roster to be developed at the top of the fifth, assuming he's still there. His performance today could have some team rolling the dice on him in the fourth, though i think that is probably too high for a guy who has only played 2 seasons of football since his freshman year in highschool.

Still, he shows ALL the rare talent and agility to make him legit. Id make a leap for him in the fifth...

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I am keeping my eye on my new man crush. Jared Veldheer. From what I have seen and read, he could be an excellent late round pick to solve our RT issues. So far he is measured in at 6'8 and 312lbs with 33 inch arms. So far he did 32 reps and ran a 5.09 forty.

Also keeping an eye out on John Jerry who has the physical mauling style of Icognito that we all loved, without the stupidity of him.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Did you guys get to see Jimmy Graham at the combine today? Guy opened my eyes today with his athleticism and soft hands. Ran a 4.57 on his best time and I believe a 4.6 flat his second time. All of that on a 6'6 260 pound frame. Ran good routes in the receiving drills and dropped one ball thrown behind in the receiving gauntlet. What do you guys think of keeping Fells, Bajema, and adding a Graham to the roster to be developed at the top of the fifth, assuming he's still there. His performance today could have some team rolling the dice on him in the fourth, though i think that is probably too high for a guy who has only played 2 seasons of football since his freshman year in highschool.

Still, he shows ALL the rare talent and agility to make him legit. Id make a leap for him in the fifth...
    Graham at the top of the 5th would be great value, but Im not sure he will last that long. Graham in the 4th would still be great value IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Graham at the top of the 5th would be great value, but Im not sure he will last that long. Graham in the 4th would still be great value IMO.
    Right, if Graham keeps this momentum up, he's not there in the fifth IMO. Heck, he probably wouldn't be there in the fourth either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    I am keeping my eye on my new man crush. Jared Veldheer. From what I have seen and read, he could be an excellent late round pick to solve our RT issues. So far he is measured in at 6'8 and 312lbs with 33 inch arms. So far he did 32 reps and ran a 5.09 forty.

Also keeping an eye out on John Jerry who has the physical mauling style of Icognito that we all loved, without the stupidity of him.
    I don't think Jared Veldheer is going to be around in the late rounds. Some have him projected as a third or fourth round pick right now.

Ndamukong Suh came in at 307 pounds, with 33½ arms and 10¼ hands. Arm and hand size is practically identical to McCoy, but Suh is ten pounds heavier.

Other weigh-in and result information...

California RB Jahvid Best bench pressed 225 pounds 18 times at the Scouting Combine on Saturday.
    Fresno State's Ryan Mathews edged him out with 19 reps. Best is small at 5'10/199, and wouldn't fit well in a power-blocking scheme. He also offers no value as a pass blocker, but should rip up the forty-yard dash on Sunday.
    Auburn RB Ben Tate tied with Fresno State's Lonyae Miller for the most 225-pound bench press reps with 26.
    Stanford's Toby Gerhart had 22. Miller lost his starting job to 2009 NCAA rushing leader Ryan Mathews as a senior and would be lucky to get drafted. Tate lacks ideal explosiveness, but could be a serviceable No. 2 NFL back.
    Clemson RB C.J. Spiller measured 5'11 1/2 and 196 pounds at Saturday's Scouting Combine weigh-in. He also performed 18 reps of 225 pounds.
    He's built like Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles, and arguably has a better college resume than both. Look for Spiller to run a low-4.4 forty Sunday. He could be hard to pass on in the top 15 this April if he runs a sub-4.4.
    Syracuse WR Mike Williams managed just eight reps of 225 pounds on the bench press Saturday.
    Williams has bulked up since season's end, but apparently not in his upper half. It appears he hasn't been bench pressing at all. He was outdone by most every receiver in this testing; Golden Tate had 17 reps of 225, Damian Williams 19, Tulane's Jeremy Williams 14, and Minnesota's Eric Decker 15.
    Alabama ILB Rolando McClain measured 6'3 3/8 and 254 pounds at the Scouting Combine weigh-in Saturday.
    He was listed a hair taller and heavier at Alabama at 6'4/258. The 2009 Butkus Award winner has been subject to some scrutiny for his play-to-play motor and lack of range, but remains likely to be selected somewhere in the first round. We like Pittsburgh as a possible destination at No. 18.
    Illinois WR Arrelious Benn put up 20 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press at the Combine Saturday.
    Any rep total above 15 is good for a wideout. Benn has been compared to Anquan Boldin as a physical receiver with run-after-catch ability who will lay wood in the run game. He's clearly been preparing over the last two months.
    Kansas WR Dezmon Briscoe managed just nine reps of 225 pounds on the bench press at the Combine Saturday.
    Blocking is a huge question mark for Briscoe coming from KU's heavy spread, pass-first offense, and he clearly wasn't prepared for this drill. He would've been better off not participating in it. He'll run the forty on Sunday.
    Oklahoma TE Jermaine Gresham unofficially ran 4.76 and 4.73 forty times at the Combine Saturday morning.
    A sub-4.7 would've been ideal, but these times won't hurt Gresham's slotting as the No. 1 tight end in the draft. For comparison, Brandon Pettigrew ran 4.87 at last year's Combine and still went 20th overall. Gresham isn't quite as good a blocker as Pettigrew, but projects to go in a similar range. Gresham did have a solid 20 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.
    USC TE Anthony McCoy unofficially ran a 4.82 forty-yard dash at the Scouting Combine Saturday morning.
    A converted wide receiver, McCoy's time is somewhat disappointing. Though he is one of the better blocking tight ends in this class coming from USC's pro-style system, his calling card is still supposed to be run-after-the-catch. We don't see McCoy being drafted until late on the second day.
    Oregon TE Ed Dickson posted an official forty-yard dash time of 4.67 at the Combine Saturday.
    It's a solid, if unspectacular time for the 6'4/249-pounder. Dickson got more experience blocking in Oregon's run-heavy scheme than he's credited with, but is naturally a catch-first tight end. He's a middle-round prospect.
    Pittsburgh TE Dorin Dickerson recorded an official forty time of 4.4-flat at the Combine Saturday.
    A productive H-back type at just 6'4/226, Dickerson is among the draft's top-five tight end prospects because of his explosive athleticism. He also posted a ridiculous 42-inch vertical jump, and a more-than-adequate 24 reps on the 225-pound bench press. Dickerson isn't a blocker, but could flourish as a slot tight end in a creative NFL system.

Clausen was asked about the perceptions about his attitude and leadership...

YouTube - Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen.AVI

Some good Tweets from today...

Quote Originally Posted by HBalzer721
    Rams will meet with Sam Bradford tonight. Bradford
    came off poised and personable with the media today. He has "it."
    34 minutes ago via web

Quote Originally Posted by greggrosenthal
    RT @Schottey: Suh has had brunch with the
    entire Lions staff...has yet to meet with the Rams
    about 2 hours ago via Seesmic
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRamsWay
    Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh just finished media
    session. Also very impressive. Intense but confident.
    about 2 hours ago via web
    Quote Originally Posted by MoveTheSticks
    To often a guy runs fast and everyone says,
    "what an athlete"... not the case. Some of fastest guys are stiff as a board
    about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck
    In OL, lateral quickness, the ability to bend your
    knees and the ability to adjust are all very crucial and can't be judged by a 40 time
    Quick thought: If being the biggest and best
    athlete made a great OL, NFL teams would be scouting the WWE for prospects
    I thought Gresham had a good not great day..
    Just looked a little rusty. He ran fast enough-- low 4.7's.
    RT @Derik_Anderson: what kind of 40 time are
    you expecting from Terrance Cody?> hoping he finishes it...
    about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck
    I've never been in a draft room where we
    drastically altered an OL on our board because he ran the 40 fast/slow... not a big deal
    about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast