Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: The Official 2010 Senior Bowl Thread

i defy anyone to post a picture of a male with larger breasts than cody.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Anyone know anything about Myron Rolle? He is a very intelligent man. He was on ESPN's PTI yesterday and I was really impressed with the guy. Not only is he a gentleman but you can tell he knows what's doing on and off the football field. Where is he projected to be drafted?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    .Cincinnati's Tony Pike is the most gifted thrower of the class, demonstrating the arm strength, accuracy to all levels of the field and mobility rare for a player of his 6-5 frame. The North's starter in each passing drill, Pike zipped passes through tight windows, consistently placed his deep outs low and wide so that only his man could get them and seemed increasingly comfortable dropping back from center. ..
    And everyone was so down on this guy and high up on LeFevour. Love it.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    And everyone was so down on this guy and high up on LeFevour. Love it.
    That's actually the first real good report from practices ive heard about Pike. The others were he was very inconsistent throwing the ball with little zip on his passes.

Goes to show why you can't put too much store in these ballgames because guys are all pro one day and semi pro the next.

A-Web is offline Registered User

DE Brandon Graham from Michigan just moved up on my boards to a potential round 2/3 pick for us if we choose not to chase a QB in the early portion of this draft. Not saying it is a must, but after watching the Senior Bowl thus far, I am very impressed how he plays the pass as well as dominates against the run from the outside. Understands how to force the runner to the inside, and moves very well.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

if you think Brandon graham will fall to the third round even BEFORE his domination of the senior bowl practices and game, you haven't been watching him play ball. I want either him or Weatherspoon at the top of the second, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. Gresham is the only other guy id consider here. Qb's that are likely to fall to us here just aren't worth it at our spot and won't step in and contribute this year which is what we'll need.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-30-2010 at 11:50 PM. Reason: No need for the borderline insult

True2daGame is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Senior Bowl QB Prospects

One of my fellow co-worker who happens to be a rams fan has been Telling me for months about this kid from central Michigan, Dan La Fefevour. He's the best and most under-rated QB prospect that will be part of the NFL draft in april, but I think his stock has risen this afternoon.Out playing Tebow,Zac robinson,Tony Pike and the rest of the 2010 QB class.I tell you this kid looked poised, unrattled and very mobile throwing strikes all over the field and caping off one of his drives with a TD.I would love to see this kid in a Rams uni.... i think he is just what the docter ordered.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Re: Senior Bowl QB Prospects

yeah he's been mentioned on the draft board a number of times, he's got talent and the skills we need but it might take some time to transition to the nfl.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Senior Bowl QB Prospects

He looked good tonight and i am very high on him, but I would have liked to see some more. He took alot of snaps from shotgun, he need to go ahead and get that pro style transition down pat, he also didnt seem to have alot of velocity on his throws. I think he will become very good and he is probably the 3rd best QB prospect this year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Gilyard steals show from shaky Tebow as North wins Senior Bowl
    Jan. 30, 2010
    CBSSports.com wire reports

MOBILE, Ala. -- Mardy Gilyard once worked four jobs to stay in school after losing his scholarship.

The former Cincinnati star turned in an awfully strong audition for a much more lucrative career in Saturday's Senior Bowl, racking up 103 yards receiving and catching a 32-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter to help the North race to a 31-13 victory over the South.

"All my hard work just kind of came into one game," an exuberant Gilyard said. "I'm truly blessed. I worked my butt off and I played my butt off. I've been through so much in my career.

"This game sums up everything, because I've been through all the hard work, all the ups and all the downs, the peaks and the valleys. I've been through everything. I've been from the brown sticky stuff at the bottom of the barrel to the cream at the top of the coffee."

In 2006, an academically ineligible Gilyard lost his scholarship and had to take jobs ranging from cutlery salesman to construction worker to pay his steep out-of-state tuition bills. He eventually won back his scholarship.

Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, meanwhile, had a shaky outing running a pro-style offense against a sturdy defense.

He fumbled twice and finished 8 of 12 passing for 50 yards in the showcase for senior NFL prospects. Tebow's longest completion was 11 yards and he netted 4 yards on four rushes, but was never turned loose as a power runner as he often was with the Gators. He battled strep throat early but didn't miss any practice time during a week when he was trying to prove to skeptical NFL teams and draft analysts that he could be a starting pro quarterback.

Mardy Gilyard hauls in his 32-yard touchdown, beating Alabama's Javier Arenas. (AP)

"I think I'm definitely open to improving my fundamentals," Tebow said. "I think I definitely showed that by being here. If you just watched the way I played, you could see there is room for improvement and what I need to work on."

One of the nation's top all-purpose threats, Gilyard also set up a third-quarter touchdown with a 43-yard catch down the right sideline and had five receptions. Both that pass and the TD came from Central Michigan's Dan LeFevour.

Michigan defensive lineman Brandon Graham had two sacks and a forced fumble and was chosen the game's Most Valuable Player. The South committed six turnovers.

"It shows that I'm going to go hard 100 percent of the time all day and whoever gets me is going to love me," Graham said.

Gilyard returned two kicks for 52 yards and gained 24 on two punt returns. He was chosen Offensive Player of the Game while Mississippi State's Jamar Chaney earned defensive honors.

Tulane receiver Jeremy Williams had six catches for 82 yards, added a 27-yard run on an end around and was named the South's most outstanding player. That honor went to Central Michigan's LeFevour for the North. He completed half of his 10 passes for 97 yards and added a 1-yard touchdown run on a sneak, once again outdistancing the much more heralded Tebow.

LeFevour finished with more total touchdowns (150) than any other player in Football Bowl Subdivision, including Tebow (145).

Zac Robinson had the game's best passing numbers, throwing for 176 yards and a touchdown before getting intercepted late in the game.

Tebow played 11 snaps in the first half, and the South was down two scores by the time he re-entered the game to loud applause late in the third.

Dexter McCluster fumbled two plays into his first drive of the half, and his second began at the South's 1-yard line.

Tebow led the South to a couple of first downs before Koa Misi stripped the ball from him. He had another fumble on the next drive but lineman Jeff Byers fell on the ball.

The miscues didn't dampen his enthusiasm for the sport that has made him one of college sports' biggest stars.

"It's a game of football," Tebow said. "You're playing with a bunch of great players, a bunch of great coaches. I'm out here playing football. I love it."

Gilyard's teammate, Tony Pike, is considered the top-rated NFL prospect among the participating quarterbacks and he looked solid in a brief outing. He was 5 of 12 for 45 yards all in the first half. Gilyard caught two of those passes for 21 yards.

LeGarrette Blount had a 14-yard touchdown run for the North, while Lonyae Miller gained a game-high 44 yards on nine carries.

Alabama players accounted for all of the South's points. Robinson hit tight end Colin Peek for a 19-yard touchdown and Leigh Tiffin booted field goals of 43 and 33 yards.

Pre-game summary of Senior Bowl practice risers/fallers from Draft Scout:

Senior Bowl practice Risers/Fallers: Blount up, Gilyard downJan. 28, 2010
    By Rob Rang
    NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst

MOBILE, Ala. -- Prospects have the potential to gain dozens of spots in the NFL Draft and potentially earn millions of dollars in the practices leading up to the Senior Bowl, which are considered far more important to scouts than the game itself.

Like any all-star game, the Senior Bowl is about treating the fans to a spectacle and rewarding talented players from all levels the opportunity to play on a nationally televised stage. Coaches empty their benches in an attempt to get every player on the field and, of course, try to win the game.

Meanwhile, the practices are more about how individual players match up, and are more conducive to scouting for the NFL. The majority of scouts and front-office executives leave Mobile on Wednesday or Thursday, rather than stay for the game on Saturday.

While prospects harbor dreams of improving their stock entering the week, the reality is most only confirm what scouts had previously seen on film. For example, scouts entered the week knowing Jared Odrick, Brandon Graham and Mike Iupati could play. Their strong performances in Mobile only reinforced their high grades.

However, the 20 prospects below did manage to either significantly improve their status -- or hurt it.

Players listed alphabetically in each category:

Risers

RB LaGarrette Blount, Oregon: Blount still has a long way to go to guarantee being drafted after his well-documented cheap shot of a Boise State player in the season opener. Scouts have been impressed with his contrition in interviews and utter lack of contrition on the field. Quicker than he looks, Blount's raw power makes him an intriguing option for a team needing a big back to run out of the I-formation.

QB Jarrett Brown, West Virginia: For all of the hype that Tim Tebow received this week, Brown was consistently the South's best quarterback. He had only one season as the starter after serving behind Pat White, but has the arm strength and accuracy worthy of development.

ILB Donald Butler, Washington: A late addition to the roster, Butler might have earned himself an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine with his strong performance in Mobile. Instinctive and athletic, Butler was quick to penetrate the line of scrimmage, racking up potential tackles for loss.

DE Alex Carrington, Arkansas State: He might have entered the week of practice among the least hyped defensive players on the entire Senior Bowl roster, but after this week, every NFL team knows his name. Carrington's rare combination of size (6-feet-5, 284 pounds) and strength make him an intriguing prospect at end for the 3-4 and 4-3 schemes. That versatility could result in a second round grade.

TE Jimmy Graham, Miami: The Hurricanes' established history of churning out tight ends is in good hands with Graham, the ex-basketball player who returned to the gridiron for only one season. Graham won't wow you with his pop as a blocker, but he's remarkably smooth running routes and adjusting to poorly thrown passes for a man of his size (6-6, 260) and experience (one season with the Hurricanes).

WR Shay Hodge, Mississippi: Hodge struggled with lazy routes and ill-timed drops throughout much of his career. Thus, his stellar play in both areas this week took many scouts for a surprise. Teams will have to determine whether it was focus or greed that led to his sudden improvement, but improve, he did.

OL John Jerry, Mississippi: Just as his older brother, 2009 Atlanta first-round pick Peria Jerry, did last January, John stepped up his level of play at the Senior Bowl. He impressed scouts from the beginning, measuring in nearly 20 pounds lighter than expected and yet still has the mass (6-5, 332) to project nicely at right tackle or guard in the pros.

OLB Koa Misi, Utah: Scouts are always looking for athletic defensive ends capable of making the transition to the rush linebacker position, and they've found one in Misi. A better athlete than his former Utes teammate, Paul Kruger, Misi could match the Baltimore Ravens' final draft slot -- and hear his name called in the second round.

WR Taylor Price, Ohio: Inconsistent quarterback play kept Price from earning the national acclaim his skills warrant, but he took advantage of the Senior Bowl stage to skyrocket up draft boards. His explosive speed and body control to adjust to poorly thrown passes had scouts this week comparing him to Chicago Bears rookie Johnny Knox.

WR Andre Roberts, The Citadel: Price was the flashier wideout this week, but no one was more consistent than the sure-handed, smooth-route-running Roberts. Forget the small-school label, Roberts is among 2010's more polished receivers.

Fallers

WR Danario Alexander, Missouri: Like many big receivers, Alexander struggles changing directions quickly -- a fact that was quickly exposed in the pro-style offense he was forced to acclimate to this week. The long strider is a good enough athlete to make plays when he gets the ball delivered to him on the move, but the expectations that he could enjoy the same sort of immediate impact in the NFL as former teammate Jeremy Maclin appear misguided.

OG Zane Beadles, Utah: Scouts knew Beadles lacked the balance and quick feet to remain at left tackle, but his lack of upper-body strength makes his conversion to guard a much more formidable one than scouts had anticipated. Odrick ran Beadles ragged all week.

QB Sean Canfield, Oregon State: Canfield rode a breakout senior campaign to Mobile, but once there the first-team All-Pac-10 passer was unable to drive the ball consistently outside the hashes. Canfield's timing and touch could make him successful in a West Coast passing attack, but he might have eliminated his chances at being a top-five quarterback with his weak-armed effort.

OT Selvish Capers, West Virginia: While blessed with quick feet and rare body control for a 300-pound man, Capers proved to scouts he has a long way to go before being a trustworthy pass blocker. Operating at his customary right tackle and left, Capers was beaten inside and out. The former tight end has the athleticism to eventually star in a zone-blocking scheme, but he might be a year or two away from contributing.

CB Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest: A physical defender with rare straight-line speed, Ghee certainly looks the part. But he was too often satisfied with allowing receivers to make the uncontested grab in front of him.

WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati: The first-team All-Big East performer might have been the week's most disappointing prospect. Scouts anticipated the 6-foot, 179-pounder might struggle with press coverage, but the sticky hands that had helped him emerge as one of the country's most dependable playmakers over the past two seasons abandoned him this week. Gilyard dropped multiple passes each day.

CB Trevard Lindley, Kentucky: Graded as a second-round pick following his junior season, Lindley had hoped to be able to recoup some of his lost stock after struggling with injury early in 2009. Instead, he was consistently a step late in coverage as rival quarterbacks frequently targeted him.

OLB O'Brien Schofield, Wisconsin: Schofield's stock was on the rise after an impressive week of practice and defensive MVP honors at the East-West Shrine game last week. But Schofield went down with a serious knee injury during his initial practice in Mobile. Concerns about his health has Schofield's chances at being drafted at all now in peril.

RB Charles Scott, LSU: Unlike Schofield, Scott's injury occurred before the Senior Bowl. However, scouts had hoped to see the bruising tailback on the field. But the broken collarbone that had ended his senior campaign prematurely was proven to still be a problem, resulting in a failed physical and a lost opportunity to impress scouts.

OT Sam Young, Notre Dame: The highly touted prep athlete served as an effective pass blocker in Charlie Weis' pro-style offense. Despite operating exclusively at right tackle, his lack of foot quickness and flexibility was quickly exposed by the speed of Senior Bowl defensive ends this week. Even worse, at 6-8 he's too tall to move inside to guard.

Rob Rang is a Senior Analyst for NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange

Post-game adjustments/comments to prospects:

These players make up for rough week with Senior Bowl success
    Jan. 30, 2010
    By Rob Rang
    NFLDraftScout.com

MOBILE, Ala. -- Utah outside linebacker Koa Misi and Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount, two of the most impressive players in the week of practice leading up to Saturday's Senior Bowl, continued their strong performances in the game itself, a 31-13 North victory over the South.

Michigan's Brandon Graham claimed MVP honors. The defensive end was arguably the most unstoppable player in practice. The LaMarr Woodley/Elvis Dumervil clone is a potential Pro Bowl-caliber pass rusher. He could slip out of the first round (as both Woodley and Dumervil did) only because scouts are hesitant to invest such a high pick in a 6-1 pass rusher. His MVP performance (five tackles, two sacks, one forced fumble) hardly came as a surprise. Other players who didn't make positive impressions before the Senior Bowl were able to leave Mobile on a high note with strong showings in the game.

DT Geno Atkins, Georgia: Atkins' burst off the snap disrupted offensive linemen throughout the week of practice. Some observers projected a tough Saturday for Atkins based on his matchup with Idaho offensive guard Mike Iupati, the top-ranked guard in Mobile this week. Atkins' burst and agility was too much for Iupati. Atkins recorded a sack of Oregon State quarterback Sean Canfield in the second quarter.

WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati: Gilyard was the Senior Bowl's best receiver, catching five passes for 103 yards and a score. It won't erase his erratic showing earlier in the week, when he dropped too many passes. His 32-yard touchdown reception of a beautifully thrown deep ball from Central Michigan quarterback Dan LeFevour was the best offensive play of the game. Gilyard's agility and speed made him a threat each time he touched the ball as a returner, and he posted 77 yards on two kickoff returns (53 yards) and two punt returns (24).

OLB Dekoda Watson, Florida State: The NFL loves speedy linebackers -- and Watson showed plenty of speed Saturday. He displayed better agility and instincts in coverage than he had earlier in the week. His most impressive play came early in the third quarter when the game was still tight. Playing his customary strong-side position on third-and-1, Watson fought off a block by tight end Garrett Graham (Wisconsin) and beat Fresno State running back Lonyae Miller to the sideline. Miller projects to run the 40-yard dash in the 4.4 range. Watson showed tremendous closing speed and strong hands to make the pull-down tackle and force a punt.

DT Dan Williams, Tennessee: Williams (6-2, 330) had stuffed the interior rushing lanes during the South practices all week long. That part of his game wasn't questioned by scouts. Where he helped himself was in showing better instincts in the passing game than most had expected. Williams sniffed out a screen early in the game, latching on to Miller to ruin the play. Williams also knocked down a pass from 6-6 Cincinnati quarterback Tony Pike pass moments later.

WR Jeremy Williams, Tulane: Gilyard made the flashy reception, but no one caught more passes Saturday than Williams, who finished with six grabs for 82 yards and had the longest run of the game. His 27-yard jaunt on a reverse could have gone for more had LSU left tackle Ciron Black not essentially made the tackle of his own teammate by cutting off his angle and forcing him out of bounds. Williams (6-0, 205) used his prototype frame to gain position on slants and deep outs, providing the South quarterbacks with a safe target.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-31-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Best/worst of Senior Bowl practice
    By Tony Pauline,TFYDraft.com, special to SI.com
    Posted: Friday January 29, 2010 12:53AM;
    Updated: Friday January 29, 2010 1:09AM

MOBILE, Ala. -- NFL coaches have left Mobile and most of the scouts are headed home. The only thing left at the Senior Bowl is to tee up the ball and kick off the game. After three full days of practice its time to look back at the highlights and lowlights of the past week, many which will impact April's draft.

Best Offensive Player in Mobile

Dexter McCluster/RB/Mississippi: McCluster presented himself as the jack-of-all-trades in Mobile and someone who mastered all the applied trades. He was explosive carrying the ball, making defenders miss and creating yardage while also running hard on the inside. He was also a game-breaking pass catcher who sprinted past opponents down the sidelines. All that's left is for McCluster to showoff his return abilities during the game. He's improved his draft stock at least 30 slots and could now hear his named called as soon as the early portion of Round 2.

Honorable Mention:Taylor Price/WR/Ohio: Scouts were aware of his underlying talent entering the week but few expected Price to be as polished as he was on the field. He displayed the ability to make all the catches in the short and deep field. Price is another who moved up draft boards almost a full round based on his performance this week.

Best Defensive Player in Mobile

Alex Carrington/DE/Arkansas State: Carrington came to Mobile with a complete game, which caught scouts off guard. He was fast and powerful, the latter which answered questions about his playing strength. Scouts loudly applauded Carrington each day at practice. Coming into the week he was a mid-round choice. As Senior Bowl practices end Carrington leaves a top-60 pick.

Honorable Mention: Daryl Washington/LB/TCU: Expectations were high when Jerry Hughes, the All-America from TCU, was originally listed on the Senior Bowl roster. Hughes bypassed the event with a quad injury but the Horned Frogs program never missed a beat as his college teammate proved to be a star. By Wednesday scouts branded Washington as the top athlete of all the linebackers in Mobile and the only true three-down defender at the position.

Most Disappointing Player in Mobile

Taylor Mays/S/USC: For Mays the week turned into a potpourri of skills he's likely to struggle with in the NFL; he'll struggle handling man-to-man coverage assignments and struggle making plays sideline-to-sideline as a true NFL centerfielder. Mays is still a legitimate prospect for the next level but the limitations he displayed this week will reduce the number of teams wanting to acquire him in April.

Honorable Mention: Eric Norwood/LB/South Carolina: Norwood's inability to make plays in coverage all week was alarming. He looked like a fish out of water trying to stay with running backs and tight ends down the field. Like Mays, he has a place at the next level, yet the number of NFL systems Norwood can line up in has been reduced.

Most Surprising Player

Joe Webb/WR/UAB: Webb has been the Blazers starting quarterback the past two seasons yet made a seamless transition to receiver this week and looked like a seasoned veteran at the position. Webb was solid catching the ball all week, regularly beating defensive backs that are graded as early round picks.

Honorable Mention: Myron Rolle/S/Florida State: Rolle certainly did not look like someone who has not played football in over a year. He never embarrassed himself on the field. In fact by weeks end he was making plays and playing at a higher level than many of his teammates.

Most Memorable Moment

Midway through the first practice of the week Andre Roberts of The Citadel went across the middle trying to catch one of the many wayward throws made by the quarterbacks at the Senior Bowl. He was met head on by Mays, who laid out the small-school receiver with one of his patented crunching blows. After the crowd reacted with gasps, Roberts peeled himself off the turf, brushed himself off and quickly got back to the huddle.

NOTES: With the media hammering Tim Tebow at every given opportunity this week, we decided to stay away and give it some time. Through no fault of his own Tebow was put in an impossible situation at the Senior Bowl. His supporters were expecting an instant transformation from college legend to NFL franchise quarterback. His detractors were ready to pounce on any ounce of bad news. They all failed to realize there was no magic button to push and four years of poor throwing mechanics would not be repaired in three practices. The process will be a long one and NFL decision-makers understand this. His passion for the game and knowledge of the position puts the Heisman Trophy winner ahead of the curve, but he won't be NFL ready any time soon. ... NFL scouts and general managers were disappointed in the overall talent on this year's Senior Bowl roster. Just one player, Penn State's Jared Odrick, leaves the week as a certain first-round choice. This compares to last year when 11 veterans were selected in the opening round. Several top prospects that were invited to play bypassed the event thinking it would do more harm than good to their draft ranking. History has proven them wrong as players from B.J. Raji to Marcus Trufant to Philip Rivers all benefitted from good performances at the Senior Bowl. NFL scouting departments will also not take kindly to the fact many of these players purposely avoided competing head-to-head with some of the nation's best.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I have to say, you can see Taylor Mays is paying attention to his critics. He had a wide receiver running a route right at him, but instead of levelling him like he probably normally would have, he made a play on the ball and got the interception instead. It was definitely good to see.

However, he was still apparently still too slow and not fluid enough in his hips during drills which could mean he might not do well at safety at the next level

RockyRam is offline Registered User

I appreciate the notes on Tebow....I think that you really cant tell the effects of a quarterback truly till you see what his team does on saturday and sunday...kid's a winner flat-out, I know most disagree with me but I just have this feeling, ALOT like the feeling I got when I saw the Broncos take Cutler and the Titans Young....and with the Vince Young reference remember Tebow wont be NEARLY the head case

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRam View Post
    kid's a winner flat-out
    He didnt show it in the Senior Bowl. He faced a quality defense, which wasnt even NFL quality, and struggled badly. His threat as a runner is non-existent at this level, and his passing is just not up to scratch. He may learn to get better by fixing his mechanics, but when you see guys like Zach Robinson and Dan LeFevour pinging the ball around like they did, and even decent showings from Tony Pike and Jarrett Brown, its hard to see why Tebow would be drafted above any of them. I dont know why a team would draft a guy to be a project like Tebow would be ahead of these many much more polished QBs in the draft.

Its no good being a winner at heart if you dont have the ability to show it on the field.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123