Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 273
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

  1. #196
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    How can people say this is a whiff? If you are angry that we didn't pick up Claiborne, thats understandable. However, we have 4 picks in top 45 and have already picked up an Pro-bowl caliber run-stuffing DT. We still have a chance to turn this team around a lot. And when it comes to the WR, we have 2 picks in top 7 and another at 15 in the second round....

    Thats not called a whiff, thats just disappointment in your eyes in not picking up claiborne.



  2. #197
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,877
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Bummer about Zeitler.

    I'm hoping for Cordy Glenn at the top of the second.

  3. #198
    ShaneFalco Guest

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    How can people say this is a whiff? If you are angry that we didn't pick up Claiborne, thats understandable. However, we have 4 picks in top 45 and have already picked up an Pro-bowl caliber run-stuffing DT. We still have a chance to turn this team around a lot. And when it comes to the WR, we have 2 picks in top 7 and another at 15 in the second round....

    Thats not called a whiff, thats just disappointment in your eyes in not picking up claiborne.
    has nothing to do with claiborne or brockers, DT was not a need. Oline, WR, RB , CB is.

  4. #199
    md8
    md8 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    You don't think WR is a major position of need for the Rams evidently. Most will disagree with you. The fact is the Rams started with the #2 pick and end with a DT in the 1st round. I think taking the overall picture in the Rams whiffed big time. Starting with the trade to Washington they misplayed their hand.
    No I know WR is a major need. But if we magically had Calvin last year, do you think we'd have been a top team? We have many holes, and it's going too take at least 2-3 years for us to be back on top.

    Lets look at some of the 1st round WRs the last few years.

    Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate, Arrelious Benn. Michael Crabree, Darrius Heywardbey. They were all supposed to be great WRs. Teams drafted them instead of stars at other positions. Falling in love with 1 or 2 players, is a mistake when you are one of the worst teams in the league. You could add any player you want to last years team, and we'd still miss the playoffs.
    sonnyjames likes this.

  5. #200
    Fettmaster's Avatar
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,161
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    we have 4 picks in top 45 and have already picked up an Pro-bowl caliber run-stuffing DT.
    Don't you think its a tad early to say that?
    ShaneFalco likes this.


  6. #201
    md8
    md8 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    has nothing to do with claiborne or brockers, DT was not a need. Oline, WR, RB , CB is.
    DT is a need. Maybe not the biggest need, but on a rebuilding team you select the best player available unless it happens to already be a strength. DT isn't a strength.
    RealRam likes this.

  7. #202
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Don't you think its a tad early to say that?
    I meant to say potentially, but yeah I'm not predicting he will be a pro-bowler automatically. Just saying we have one who has the potential too. Then again, usually most 1st round picks have that.


  8. #203
    ShaneFalco Guest

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post
    DT is a need. Maybe not the biggest need, but on a rebuilding team you select the best player available unless it happens to already be a strength. DT isn't a strength.
    So when kirkpatrick was selected right after us... Your saying DT is still a bigger need then the 6-7 corners we went through last season?

    I do not buy it. NOT FOR ONE MINUTE. I believe this is all fischer and his love for DTs. Nothing to do with a team decision.

  9. #204
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    has nothing to do with claiborne or brockers, DT was not a need. Oline, WR, RB , CB is.
    We were 31st in run. Brockers is a run-stuffer. We definitely need a DT, we had old guys and plug-ins there the last 2 years. Need a DT and OLB for that Run D


  10. #205
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Now, if Mike Adams is available at 33, do we take him?

    By the way I think its possible the Rams might move back up to 31 or 32?? We have the caliber to..


  11. #206
    ShaneFalco Guest

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    We were 31st in run. Brockers is a run-stuffer. We definitely need a DT, we had old guys and plug-ins there the last 2 years. Need a DT and OLB for that Run D
    OLB would have been fine. We sign a bunch of average OLB expecting great things, kind of like our WR core. We need an OLB like Von Miller.

  12. #207
    Fettmaster's Avatar
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,161
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post

    Lets look at some of the 1st round WRs the last few years.

    Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate, Arrelious Benn. Michael Crabree, Darrius Heywardbey. They were all supposed to be great WRs. Teams drafted them instead of stars at other positions.
    Golden Tate and Arrelious Benn were second round picks. No one had Heyward-Bey in the first round except for Al Davis.


  13. #208
    ShaneFalco Guest

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Golden Tate and Arrelious Benn were second round picks. No one had Heyward-Bey in the first round except for Al Davis.
    you know whats funny, all those WRs are still better then the Rams WR core.

    especially D Thomas... guy averaged like 200 yards per game during the last 7 games of season... was a monster.

    D Thomas is the reason the Broncos let LLoyd come here.... LOL

  14. #209
    mh-i's Avatar
    mh-i is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    CA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post
    No I know WR is a major need. But if we magically had Calvin last year, do you think we'd have been a top team? We have many holes, and it's going too take at least 2-3 years for us to be back on top.

    Lets look at some of the 1st round WRs the last few years.

    Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate, Arrelious Benn. Michael Crabree, Darrius Heywardbey. They were all supposed to be great WRs. Teams drafted them instead of stars at other positions. Falling in love with 1 or 2 players, is a mistake when you are one of the worst teams in the league. You could add any player you want to last years team, and we'd still miss the playoffs.
    I don't disagree with what you're saying but Torry Holt wasn't a bust. I'm just saying we haven't drafted a decent WR in 13 years. Have to start somewhere. My fear is that Fisher does what he did in Tennessee and pass on offense and only worry about defense. Kind of the opposite of Martz. Bradford is of no use if he doesn't have someone to throw the ball to.

  15. #210
    codeman123's Avatar
    codeman123 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    canada
    Age
    24
    Posts
    500
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

    ***** took AJ Jenkins.. NOOOOOO

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 160
    Last Post: -04-26-2012, 10:36 PM
  2. The Official 2011 NFL Draft Discussion Thread
    By Nick in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: -05-01-2011, 09:07 AM
  3. Official ClanRam Scouts Mock Draft Discussion Thread
    By AvengerRam in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: -04-19-2011, 07:49 AM
  4. The Official 2009 NFL Draft Discussion Thread
    By Nick in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: -04-28-2009, 08:21 AM
  5. The OFFICIAL NFL Draft Discussion Thread
    By Nick in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: -04-28-2008, 08:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •