Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: The Official 2012 St. Louis Rams Free Agent News Tracker

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Official 2012 St. Louis Rams Free Agent News Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Rammed View Post
    San Francisco free-agent offensive guard Chilo Rachal visiting Rams. He has 38 starts in 4 seasons with *****. Rams need starting left guard -- Jim Thomas (@jthom1)

#Rams hosting free agent OG Chilo Rachal, per @JThom1. Was 39th overall pick in '08 draft. Looked like future stud just a few years ago. -- Evan Silva (@evansilva)
    Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    A former second round(39) pick in 2008 by the *****. Rachal is a 6-5 and 323 lbs guard out of S.Cal.
    From what I've read, Rachal has been very hot and cold as a pro. Impressed as a rookie, but so bad in 2009 that he nearly lost his job. Rebounded as a strong run blocker in 2010, but actually did lose his job last year. He should be cheap and has starters experience, though.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    From what I've read, Rachal has been very hot and cold as a pro. Impressed as a rookie, but so bad in 2009 that he nearly lost his job. Rebounded as a strong run blocker in 2010, but actually did lose his job last year. He should be cheap and has starters experience, though.
    From what I've been able to gather he's been mainly cold as a pro. Rachal sure is hated by a lot of Whiner fans. They literally hate this guy and can't wait for him to be dumped.

Not sure why that is; but he has all but worn out his welcome is Whinerville. Mebbe a new start can light a fire under his rather prodigious backside.

WHAT SAY YE?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    From what I've been able to gather he's been mainly cold as a pro. Rachal sure is hated by a lot of Whiner fans. They literally hate this guy and can't wait for him to be dumped.

Not sure why that is; but he has all but worn out his welcome is Whinerville. Mebbe a new start can light a fire under his rather prodigious backside.

WHAT SAY YE?
    I'm always a little wary of guys who just need a "fresh start" often times the problem is their personality, and the personality is what needs to change, not the scenary. Sometimes it works, I feel most times it really doesn't. Not that the Rams should never take a chance on a guy like that, I just wouldn't get my hopes up that he can be the long-term answer.

Rammed is offline Registered User

"Second wave" of free agency well underway at Rams Park. Jets OG Robert Turner and Colts OT Quinn Ojinnaka also visiting team. -- Jim Thomas (@jthom1)

Rambos is offline Registered User

"Second wave" of free agency well underway at Rams Park. Jets OG Robert Turner and Colts OT Quinn Ojinnaka also visiting team. -- Jim Thomas (@jthom1)
    Could be the second go around:

St. Louis Rams

Ojinnaka signed with the St. Louis Rams on August 6, 2011. He was released on September 3.

Jets OL Rob Turner suffered a broken leg in the teamís preseason loss on Monday night to the Texans and could miss up to 10 weeks, a source told the New York Daily News. Turner suffered the injury in the first quarter, after Texans rookie DE J.J. Watt took down Jets QB Mark Sanchez and rolled into Turner, who was playing center. The injury will require surgery, according to the Daily News, and keep Turner on the sidelines for 8-10 weeks. Turner was expected to be the teamís backup center as well as the sixth lineman in jumbo packages, so the Jets are now in need of more depth on their offensive line.

Source: ProFootballWeekly

Rams signed G/T Quinn Ojinnaka to a one-year contract.
    Ojinnaka was released by the old coaching staff last summer. He was visiting Thursday night along with former Jets backup OL Rob Turner, a sign that the Rams were looking for depth up front with this signing. Ojinnaka has just 15 career starts in six NFL seasons.
    Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter

Looks like it is he's second go around

Offensive tackle Barry Richardson of Kansas City was the fifth free agent to visit Rams Park on Thursday. -- Jim Thomas (@jthom1)

Guess we busy trying get some competition along the Oline. Kinda like it for a staff that coaches up linemen.

KCRamFan is offline Registered User

Offensive tackle Barry Richardson of Kansas City was the fifth free agent to visit Rams Park on Thursday. -- Jim Thomas (@jthom1)

Guess we busy trying get some competition along the Oline. Kinda like it for a staff that coaches up linemen.
    Ugh I am not too happy about this. Richardson was terrible in KC. I believe he was one of the top tackles that gave up QB pressures and sacks. He does not seem to have good latteral movement and got beat often by speed rushers. He seemed to be pretty good in the run game so maybe that is why they are bringing him in.

Might be worth a shot to have him play at Guard or maybe the coaching staff sees enough that they think they can fix his problems. I wouldn't count on him to be the fix at RT, I guess they could be looking at him strickly for depth.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Simply put, Richardson is not good. I would have a hard time seeing this as a positive addition to the team.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Simply put, Richardson is not good. I would have a hard time seeing this as a positive addition to the team.
    I'm no fan of Richardson, I was merely commenting about the slew of Oline coming in.

Bears RB Marion Barber, expected to be released, is reportedly drawing interest from the Rams and Eagles.
    Barber would be purely a backup for either team, replacing Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown respectively. He won't be guaranteed to make a roster this summer after averaging a paltry 3.5 yards per carry over the past two seasons.
    Related: Rams, Eagles
    Source: Vaughn McClure on Twitter

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Bears RB Marion Barber, expected to be released, is reportedly drawing interest from the Rams and Eagles.
    Barber would be purely a backup for either team, replacing Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown respectively. He won't be guaranteed to make a roster this summer after averaging a paltry 3.5 yards per carry over the past two seasons.
    Related: Rams, Eagles
    Source: Vaughn McClure on Twitter
    I mean I wouldn't mind this, but if, and only IF we bring in a rookie as well. If not, no thanks.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Marion Barber just announced hes retiring. Guess hes not comin to STL.

Fullback Brit Miller re-signs with Rams. -- Jim Thomas (@jthom1)

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Fullback Brit Miller re-signs with Rams. -- Jim Thomas (@jthom1)
    YES!!!!

We got Miller!!!
    We got Miller!!!
    We got Miller!!!

Sorry. It's just been a few days since we had a signing; wanted to make it special.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod