Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: The Official 2012 St. Louis Rams Free Agent News Tracker

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: The Official 2012 St. Louis Rams Free Agent News Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I hope your wrong, I'm just tired of having crappy receivers. Hopefully Snead will push to get some in the draft. I can hope. Were the Rams interested in V-Jax?
    Interested? Yes. I think a lot of teams were.

But Tampa Bay had the most cap space in the league. I think as soon as Jackson went to Tampa, everyone just gave up on Jackson. No one could have outbid the Bucs.

It will likely be the same with Carl Nicks

Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post
    I like Manningham. I think he has the potential to be a #1, but he probably wants too much money and can be inconsistent.

Glad we didn't get Douglas. While I think he can be a good slot WR, he's basically a poor mans Amendola. Plus we drafted 2 other slot WRs last year. I've followed Douglas his whole nfl career, and he hasn't done much when he started. We definitely don't need anymore slot WRs.

I thought Schilens looked good when healthy, which he rarely is, but he's a big WR we could use.

If Lloyd is visting SF, maybe we still have a chance at resigning him.
    Manningham will get overpaid because of his Superbowl catch. But he was a distinct third receiver on the Giants last year.

I agree that Douglas would have been a pretty pointless signing. But maybe Snead saw him as a player that could improve into a full time starter. Still, it would have been an average signing.

Schilens would not be a great signing, as he can't stay healthy

Lloyd I think ruined his market by talking about the Patriots too much. Most teams probably thought it was a done deal already, which is why teams haven't looked into him much. The Rams seem to not think much of him though, mainly because he doesn't get yards after the catch. He does have great hands though, and I think a team desperate for WRs like us could use him. But after all the deals that have already gone down involving WRs, he will likely be overpaid

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Rams showing interest in Green Bay safety Jarrett Bush, according to Jim Thomas. He really shouldn't be more than a special teams player, from what I've read.
    And I doubt he would be. He may be viewed as safety depth behind Stewart and Mikell, but I doubt he would see the field much on D if he were signed.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Is it just me or is it odd that Bradford is sitting here with awful receivers and no on wants to come here and be his go to guy.

Maybe $$$$?
    I wouldn't put too much emphasis in it, but I'd be lying if I said that thought hadn't crossed my mind. I think many of us were working under the assumption that a young franchise QB would be a draw for receivers, yet the Rams have now struck out on three free agent targets (Garcon, Douglas, Meachem).
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rammed is offline Registered User

And with the signing of Carl Nicks the Offseason SuperBowl goes to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. As Champions I hope it'll bring just as much succes as it did the Redskins and the Eagles in recent years!

I wouldn't put too much emphasis in it, but I'd be lying if I said that thought hadn't crossed my mind. I think many of us were working under the assumption that a young franchise QB would be a draw for receivers, yet the Rams have now struck out on three free agent targets (Garcon, Douglas, Meachem).
    I imagine that while a young franchise QB is a draw, it's not as much of a draw as money. Besides, Garcon is going to the Redskins who are expected to get RGIII, Douglas went to the Falcons with Matt Ryan and the Chargers have Philip Rivers.

Is Bradford more of a draw than those guys? Probably not
    Rambos and Nick like this.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I imagine that while a young franchise QB is a draw, it's not as much of a draw as money. Besides, Garcon is going to the Redskins who are expected to get RGIII, Douglas went to the Falcons with Matt Ryan and the Chargers have Philip Rivers.

Is Bradford more of a draw than those guys? Probably not
    Lets not forget that Douglas, Reggie and Colston stayed with their teams... A lot goes into the decision I would imagine besides who's the QB, location,Taxes,Family,Coaches,Players on the team you already know ect.

These guys are in a fast moving market to say the least, I bet they have a ton of pressure to get what they can before the market for their services changes, within hours.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I don't buy that for a second.

There are plenty of reasons why those FAs (who are no exactly world beaters) chose other teams that have NOTHING to do with Sam Bradford (i.e. money, location, coaches, offensive system, playing surface, connections b/w clubs and agents, etc., etc., etc.).

To attribute it to Bradford is downright silly.
    Rambos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't buy that for a second.

There are plenty of reasons why those FAs (who are no exactly world beaters) chose other teams that have NOTHING to do with Sam Bradford (i.e. money, location, coaches, offensive system, playing surface, connections b/w clubs and agents, etc., etc., etc.).

To attribute it to Bradford is downright silly.
    I don't believe anyone did. You'll notice my response started with, "I wouldn't put too much emphasis in it," and then elaborated on how it's strange that the Rams have struck out on receivers despite having an enticing reason to come to St. Louis in Bradford.

I don't believe anyone did. You'll notice my response started with, "I wouldn't put too much emphasis in it," and then elaborated on how it's strange that the Rams have struck out on receivers despite having an enticing reason to come to St. Louis in Bradford.
    How exactly did the Rams "strike out"? As far as I can tell, they didn't meet with any of these players. Douglas decided to stay with his team. Meachem went to a team with a Pro Bowl QB that just lost a Top WR. Garcon was given twice as much money as he is worth (I would have been furious if the Rams matched that deal).

Its not a "failure" every time a Rams "target" signs with another team.

How exactly did the Rams "strike out"?
    They expressed some level of interest in signing three receivers, and ended up signing none of them.

I'm not a big baseball fan, but I would characterize that as "striking out" so far when it comes to addressing the position.

Additionally, I'd point out that "failure" was your word choice, not mine.

They expressed some level of interest in signing three receivers, and ended up signing none of them.

I'm not a big baseball fan, but I would characterize that as "striking out" so far when it comes to addressing the position.
    I disagree with that characterization. The at bat is far from over.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Fans I think tend to over think a lot. it's the first two days of free agency, not to mention you never know who a team is going to cut. The Rams are not winning a Super Bowl in 2013 we all know that, all we want is for them to be competitive. Free Agency is a month long no 3 days long, chill out folks.

richtree is offline Registered User

Trent Richardson Round 1
    Stephen Hill Round 2 (or trade up)
    Tommy Streeter Round 3
    Ryan Broyles Round 4

GRAND SLAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree with that characterization. The at bat is far from over.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Fans I think tend to over think a lot. it's the first two days of free agency, not to mention you never know who a team is going to cut. The Rams are not winning a Super Bowl in 2013 we all know that, all we want is for them to be competitive. Free Agency is a month long no 3 days long, chill out folks.
    Oh I agree, there's still a lot of time left in this free agency period and the draft. No one should be in panic mode yet, because I anticipate the Rams will do something to address the position at some point.

But thus far, what we know is that the Rams have expressed interest in three receivers, and all three have gone elsewhere. Use whatever wording you want, but that's the reality of the situation to date.