Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: The Official "Mike Wallace" Thread

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

The Official "Mike Wallace" Thread

" Pro Bowl wide receiver Mike Wallace is now being listed as a co-starter with Emmanuel Sanders on the depth chart. Asked what would determine who will start, coach Mike Tomlin answered simply, "Situations." The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette suggested this is Tomlin's way of sending a message to Wallace, who has eight receptions for 49 yards total in the past three games. "Mike was frustrated, and rightfully so," Tomlin said of the game Sunday. "He's not producing in the manner in which he'd like to or which we'd like him to. It's the function of a lot of things. He's just going to be committed to continuing to work, and we're committed to that as well."

Sounds good to me!!! I hope that he gets booted outta Pittsburgh. There is NO WR I'd rather have on our team during this FA period rather than Wallace. Explosive, fast, take it to the house, just a few things to say about the guy. Imagine him and Givens working the deep routes? Teams would NEVER be allowed to commit 8 or 9 guys in the box, and Amendola would have HUGE space to operate underneath because Wallace and Givens would smoke any CB in this league 1v1, which would constitute the help of a S over-top.

GO GET EM!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Mike Wallace Benched?

Im salivating at the thought of a Wallace-Givens-Amendola WR corp.
    sosa39rams likes this.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I really do not think we need a Mike Wallace type receiver...Givens is already taking the top off the defense and Mike Wallace is just a more proven

Idk it seems like the combo will do more harm than good because Brodford is not going to be just throwing deep all game long...Those deep throws take time in the pocket and Bradford might just be getting hit more often no matter how much we upgrade the line

A better thing would be an upgrade on Brandon Gibson a reliable big 3rd down outside receiver
    Rambos, Tampa_Ram and lostsoul like this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I love Wallace's game, but it sounds like he has a bit of a attitude problem. Maybe a new environment could change that, maybe not.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I really do not think we need a Mike Wallace type receiver...Givens is already taking the top off the defense and Mike Wallace is just a more proven

Idk it seems like the combo will do more harm than good because Brodford is not going to be just throwing deep all game long...Those deep throws take time in the pocket and Bradford might just be getting hit more often no matter how much we upgrade the line

A better thing would be an upgrade on Brandon Gibson a reliable big 3rd down outside receiver
    I agree 100%. If Quick could get the mental aspect down we wouldn't have to worry about this as much.
    BarronWade likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette suggested this is Tomlin's way of sending a message to Wallace, who has eight receptions for 49 yards total in the past three games.
    I knew he had some drops but did not know he was struggling like this. I guess he is only as good as Big Ben makes him.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I knew he had some drops but did not know he was struggling like this. I guess he is only as good as Big Ben makes him.
    He's having an off year by his standards, but again, I don't think it's wise to underestimate the impact sub-par quarterback play can have on a receiver.

It's no coincidence that the window this author looked at to make his point was simply the last three games; in the four games prior to that window, Wallace was averaging five receptions and 68 yards per game. But in the last three games, Leftwich and Batch were Wallace's QBs for the vast majority of those contests.

Coincidence that his numbers fell with less talented QBs behind center? Does that automatically lead to the conclusion that he's only as good as his QB? Tell that to Larry Fitzgerald, whose 10 receptions for 116 yards in his last three games have been rather underwhelming as well. Probably has nothing to do with QB play, though. He must only be as good as Kurt Warner makes him.
    laram0 and ZiaRam like this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    what? Then why isn't every receiver amazing with Ben?

Charlie Batch is probably the worst QB in the NFL and Leftwich isn't much better. Wallace was having a pretty solid year until this injury
    Nick likes this.

Ramhearder is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He's having an off year by his standards, but again, I don't think it's wise to underestimate the impact sub-par quarterback play can have on a receiver.
    Tell me about it. Look at Brandon Gibson

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Your method of thinking just isn't correct bro, sorry. I dont know if you dont watch Mike Wallace play or something, but the guy is a complete WIDEOUT! He is only similar to Givens in the fact that he has burner speed. He runs complex routes. The thing is Mike Wallace will take a 10 yard hook for 27 yards. He'll take a 8 yard slant to the house. The guy runs basically all the routes, he IS a dependable WR, not to mention the BEST deep threat in football.

Givens hasn't run much of anything yet, other than this past game. The only thing he's proven is that he's faster than most CB's. We need him to develop into a complete WR.

GET WALLACE!!! The guy is a top 7 WR in football HANDS DOWN!
    THOLTFAN81 and ZiaRam like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's no coincidence that the window this author looked at to make his point was simply the last three games; in the four games prior to that window, Wallace was averaging five receptions and 68 yards per game. But in the last three games, Leftwich and Batch were Wallace's QBs for the vast majority of those contests.
    I don't think anyone will argue that Big Ben can extend a play like no other and the throw the ball deep. I don't see Bradford making through types of plays with Wallace on the other end.

Coincidence that his numbers fell with less talented QBs behind center? Does that automatically lead to the conclusion that he's only as good as his QB? Tell that to Larry Fitzgerald, whose 10 receptions for 116 yards in his last three games have been rather underwhelming as well.
    He also played against Jenkins

Probably has nothing to do with QB play, though. He must only be as good as Kurt Warner makes him.
    Warner was not known for the really deep ball.

If it's all on the QB why can't the coaches see that on the film? If they have a sub par QB why would the coach want to bench the best WR that sub par QB has? Why take the weapon away form the team trying to make the playoffs?

mcpeepants232003

what? Then why isn't every receiver amazing with Ben?

Charlie Batch is probably the worst QB in the NFL and Leftwich isn't much better. Wallace was having a pretty solid year until this injury
    Simple because not every WR has that type of speed. While Ben is throwing off the rusher and buying time, Wallace uses his speed to get really deep in a hurry. Not all WR can separated like he does, that's why.
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-30-2012 at 02:41 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd like to also add that not only has Wallace been playing with sub par back-up QB's. Antonio Brown the Steelers #2 WR has been out injured. I'm sure the opposition has been double covering Wallace more than usual.
    ManofGod, sosa39rams and ZiaRam like this.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Your method of thinking just isn't correct bro, sorry. I dont know if you dont watch Mike Wallace play or something, but the guy is a complete WIDEOUT! He is only similar to Givens in the fact that he has burner speed. He runs complex routes. The thing is Mike Wallace will take a 10 yard hook for 27 yards. He'll take a 8 yard slant to the house. The guy runs basically all the routes, he IS a dependable WR, not to mention the BEST deep threat in football.

Givens hasn't run much of anything yet, other than this past game. The only thing he's proven is that he's faster than most CB's. We need him to develop into a complete WR.

Listen If we are going to Pay #1 wr money we better get a true #1 a guy that can beat double teams on 3rd down and open up Amendola and Givens game...Yea Wallace can run a slant well so can many other receivers its more of a timing route...

You argue about Wallace being a top 7 guy all you want but its going to hard for him to prove that sitting on the bench...also i heard Tomlin say he is a "co-starter" whatever that means either you start or you dont...

also Sanders is still making plays regardless of the situation at QB lets see what Wallace can do lets just stay tuned at this point

Also how much would u pay for a "Top 7" wide receiver currently be named a "co-starter"?

And you may be right about you knowing more about Mike Wallace than me because I do not watch him every week I rather watch the Rams but i did see him play in that sunday nighter vs. baltimore and did not like what i saw...I also saw him in his playoff games and aside from a 1 yard TD run vs. the broncos last year he do much....and in the Superbowl a true #1 would not have droped that 4th down to end the game

Idk guess everytime I watch him he just doesnt show up...Il try to watch him if he doesnt play the same time as the rams
    Last edited by BarronWade; -11-30-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Rambos and lostsoul like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I would be very happy if the Rams signed Wallace, but...

Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, A.J. Green, Reggie Wayne, Demaryius Thomas, Roddy White, Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston... he's not a Top 7 WR.
    Rambos and lostsoul like this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

I would agree, but I remember both Torry Holt & Issac Bruce being the same size & both were speeders & they made it work during the GSOT days. In addition, we also still have Quick developing & Pettis who is more suited for 3rd down work at this time anyway. And let's not forget Danny boy.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast