Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: The Official "Mike Wallace" Thread

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Re: Mike Wallace Benched?

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I was for getting Vjax last offseason, infact if I still could I still would. Also, I am for going after dwayne bowe and any other reciever other than wallace that can help make our team better, you don't seem to grasp that point. Edit: Infact, I was even for going after mike wallace with a 2nd round pick last year.You should probably try to understand what the other side of the argument is before going..."zomg..bucs needed a wr..they got one in vjax...and look at them now..they have a worse record than us!!..zomg that's why we gotta get wallace."

The immaturity and lack of intelligence in your above post is enough for me to stop arguing about this. Anyway, I'm 99.99% sure we won't be signing Mike Wallace. So, ill stop arguing and let you guys dream till September.

So you feel like you got away by calling me a loser? Damn, that hurts the heart...so, damn, much!!
    so you are all for going after other receivers. Even lesser receivers than Wallace just because you perceive him to be a diva?

Also where did this 99.9% certainty that we won't sign Wallace come from? Do you now work in the Rams front office or are you just talking out your behind?

I actually find it comical how mad some of these people get at these so called diva receivers. Omg Mike Wallace actually stated his opinion? God what a terrible person.

Seriously I haven't seen much if any diva behavior from Wallace. He hasn't been arrested, he hasn't been a huge distraction or anything of that ilk. His biggest gaffe has been admitting he lost focus(Clearly something none of us has ever done at their job right?). Yet some how he's some huge diva? Sorry I don't buy it no matter how often you repeat it.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Re: The Official "Mike Wallace" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    so you are all for going after other receivers. Even lesser receivers than Wallace just because you perceive him to be a diva?

Also where did this 99.9% certainty that we won't sign Wallace come from? Do you now work in the Rams front office or are you just talking out your behind?

I actually find it comical how mad some of these people get at these so called diva receivers. Omg Mike Wallace actually stated his opinion? God what a terrible person.

Seriously I haven't seen much if any diva behavior from Wallace. He hasn't been arrested, he hasn't been a huge distraction or anything of that ilk. His biggest gaffe has been admitting he lost focus(Clearly something none of us has ever done at their job right?). Yet some how he's some huge diva? Sorry I don't buy it no matter how often you repeat it.
    You and sosa seem to have a great knack for pointing out one fact out of a few that I mention. As I have said before, overpaying is the problem here. The diva part I don't really care as long as we don't overpay. However, you really can't seem to get that through your grade 4 selective reading skill level.

But it doesnt matter. Because, yes, I'm the VP of Rams Football Free Agency Operations (new position under Les Snead last year). I'm sorry you had to hear it this way, but we won't be signing Mike Wallace. I said a 0.01% chance however, because Mr. Snead has decided that if enough fans on a message board want him though, we will go after signing him! Good Luck and convince as many fans as possible here!!

/endsmyrepliesonthisthread
    Last edited by RuffRams; -12-10-2012 at 11:20 PM.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Mike Wallace is a player who will be an asset to any offense in the NFL, thinking otherwise is just silly. The same goes for Greg Jennings and Dwayne Bowe. This class of FA wide receivers could be one of the best in a long time.

Having said all this,

I see Jennings heading back to Green Bay. He is too much of a key cog in that offense in my opinion so throw him out the window.

I see KC starting fresh...again... So I see Bowe hitting the open market and heading to the highest bidder.

I see Pitt letting Wallace test the market due to cap issues, as well as the recent contract handed to Antonio Brown.

So in my opinion Wallace and Bowe will be there for the taking. Will we sign them? I wish I could travel to the future and find out, but the fact is none of us really know.

I would be quite ecstatic though if we did.

Not going to lie enjoying reading through all this banter.
    RuffRams likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    You and sosa seem to have a great knack for pointing out one fact out of a few that I mention. As I have said before, overpaying is the problem here. The diva part I don't really care as long as we don't overpay. However, you really can't seem to get that through your grade 4 selective reading skill level.

But it doesnt matter. Because, yes, I'm the VP of Rams Football Free Agency Operations (new position under Les Snead last year). I'm sorry you had to hear it this way, but we won't be signing Mike Wallace. I said a 0.01% chance however, because Mr. Snead has decided that if enough fans on a message board want him though, we will go after signing him! Good Luck and convince as many fans as possible here!!

/endsmyrepliesonthisthread
    What are you sayin man? Do you know what great players get in this league? MONEY. Do you know what teams with superbowl aspirations give these players? MONEY. Wallace is a top 10 WR hands down, and he deserves to be paid accordingly. I don't understand why you're sitting here saying "dont overpay blah blah" when me nor you even know what Wallace wants or what we're willing to give.

Wallace has an amazing skill set. He automatically drags the #1 CB over to his side. He DEMANDS a CB and S just because he is so explosive. That opens HUGE things for Amendola, Givens, Kendricks, and SJ. Wallace + two 1st round picks can take this offense to the next level. I'd be the happiest man on earth if we signed Wallace and drafted Chance Warmack with one of our first rounders. At that point we could even draft RT Jake Matthews and have one of the best offensive lines in the league, not to mention a potential HOF RB with a deadly back-up, and two pro bowl worthy WR's (Wallace, Amendola) and two ascending rookies, one being MUCH more dangerous than the other, but that was expected (Givens, Quick).
    bigdogg2834 likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post

I see Jennings heading back to Green Bay. He is too much of a key cog in that offense in my opinion so throw him out the window.

I see KC starting fresh...again... So I see Bowe hitting the open market and heading to the highest bidder.

I see Pitt letting Wallace test the market due to cap issues, as well as the recent contract handed to Antonio Brown.

So in my opinion Wallace and Bowe will be there for the taking. Will we sign them? I wish I could travel to the future and find out, but the fact is none of us really know.
    I think you might be right on these guys. Bowe doesn't seem to have a lot of fans around KC for keeping him around. Pittsburgh never seems to have a problem letting guys like this walk (Holmes being the last one I can recall).

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Mike Wallace 4 catches 95 yards. Two games with Ben back 11 catches 207 yards and it looks like he might break 1,000 yards again. I watched the Cowboys game today and anyone who thinks Givens is ready to contribute like Wallace is crazy.

Not that I even buy that argument, as like I've said, we would be playing both guys. We really need to get a big time playmaker and Wallace is probably the best option in FA.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Mike Wallace 4 catches 95 yards. Two games with Ben back 11 catches 207 yards and it looks like he might break 1,000 yards again. I watched the Cowboys game today and anyone who thinks Givens is ready to contribute like Wallace is crazy.

Not that I even buy that argument, as like I've said, we would be playing both guys. We really need to get a big time playmaker and Wallace is probably the best option in FA.
    I watched the Rams game today, saw our QB get pounded once again. You can add Jerry Rice to our line up it won't matter until we fix the O line. Givens could not get any more wide open for an easy TD pass today. Wallace, Givens and Rice on the same team with our QB getting hit early and often will not change anything.

Fix the O line first.

Been reading your post on Sam play really good stuff!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Wallace, Givens and Rice on the same team with our QB getting hit early and often will not change anything.
    Yeah, thats just false...Guess you haven't watched a Packer game all year. They arguably have the worst O-Line in football but have so many weapons Rodgers is still able to have a great year because they have to be careful how they blitz. Jerry Rice and Mike Wallace in the same unit would be a joke. Jerry Rice alone in any unit with a capable QB would succeed off the attention he'd draw.

So I would heavily disagree with this statement.

-Side note, nice Walter White photo haha

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Yeah, thats just false...Guess you haven't watched a Packer game all year. They arguably have the worst O-Line in football but have so many weapons Rodgers is still able to have a great year because they have to be careful how they blitz. Jerry Rice and Mike Wallace in the same unit would be a joke. Jerry Rice alone in any unit with a capable QB would succeed off the attention he'd draw.

When do you boys wanna start cookin? Just got my RV!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Hate to break it to you Bradford is no Aaron Rogers, Rogers can use his legs far better then Bradford for starters. That and his year in the game kind of give him a huge edge.

I also was kind of exaggerating for effect.

Some QB's don't need a great O line they have skills that make up for the lack of O line protection. Bradford IMO is not one of them, he needs to have protection to be great.

And that's Mr. White..... No Walking Dead or Breaking Bad... The wife is going to start making me watch cooking shows... until next year.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Sam gets paid too much money for people to keep making excuses for him. Sure his line sucks and so do his receivers, but I've seen franchise QB's do far more with far less. I see the Rams trying to fix the line through the draft and using some cap space to sign a stud FA receiver, whether it's Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings. There's really no can't miss star receivers that I see coming into the draft this year, but I do think there's tons of OL talent.

Sam gets paid too much money for people to keep making excuses for him. Sure his line sucks and so do his receivers
    I stopped reading after this....

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Sam gets paid too much money for people to keep making excuses for him. Sure his line sucks and so do his receivers, but I've seen franchise QB's do far more with far less.
    Such as.......?
    DE_Ramfan likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Green Bay, Chicago, Dallas, New York Giants, Carolina, Indianapolis, Washington... all these teams have OL's that rank near the bottom half of the league yet they have pretty successful quarterbacks. Hmmmm now that I look at the list one thing I do notice is that they all do have stud receivers... well everybody but the Redskins.