Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country is offline Registered User

Re: The Official Senior Bowl Thread

I have been the biggest anti Pat Willis guys here, but after watching him today he is the pick at 13 idf he us there. He was sideline to sideline making plays.

DT Kareem Brown looked great as well.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    I have been the biggest anti Pat Willis guys here, but after watching him today he is the pick at 13 idf he us there. He was sideline to sideline making plays.
    Are you taking him as a middle linebacker or for the outside? Because at this point, I'm still leaning Timmons as our best bet on the outside with Willis as a better fit on the inside.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Carricker's rising stock is interesting for us.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Carricker's rising stock is interesting for us.
    i agree, i like that pick over Willis at this point,of course that could change as more info comes out.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Guys, with all due respect, its very challenging to speculate on our pick until we see what happens in free agency. I dont believe that we are going to take a defensive end in round one if we sign one. Conversely, if we dont sign a defensive end, i think its that much more likely that we draft one.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Let's not write-off Okoye just because he weighs 290. Maybe he's not a 320 lb. NT, but he's still the best DT (according to observers at the Senior Bowl) on the field. A good DT is a good DT even if he is a UT. Let's face it, Glover isn't getting younger, and Wroten hasn't turned many heads yet.

He may not be the answer at NT, but let's not be so quick to write him off as a good pick for this defense. If he's the BPA when our turn comes up, and value at a need position simply isn't there, I ain't gonna cry over Okoye in horns. Don't forget, Mean Joe Greene played the position at 280!
    When Mean Joe played 280 was probably large? The kids today are bigger faster and stronger. So with all due respect it's like comparing apples and oranges? Having said that, I wouldn't be disappointed if the RAMS selected Okoye. Yeah, you figured it out, I'm dazed and confused with all this draft stuff.:\

Country is offline Registered User

Pat Willis can play inside and out and is the bets possible pick at 13.

Carriker is interesting, but the FA DE class is to strong to have to go into teh draft looking for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Pat Willis can play inside and out and is the bets possible pick at 13.
    That wasn't really my question. I agree that he can play both inside and outside. But it's more than just being able to do it or not; we want the guy who does it the best who carries the best value. Willis is a great prospect, no doubt about it. But the reason I asked if you were taking him as a middle linebacker or for the outside is because I think if you're looking for a SAM linebacker you'll find a better fit in Timmons than you would Willis, who I see as being more effective in the middle.

As for being the best possible pick at 13, again that's up in the air. There are multiple sources (Kiper, Scout.com, SI) who even after Senior Bowl week don't look at Willis as a sure fire first rounder, let alone Top 15. Scout Inc's Todd McShay still had him going mid 20s as of a week ago, and their pre-Senior Bowl Top 32 board doesn't even feature Willis. To me, that suggests the jury is still out as to how good of a pick from a value perspective Willis would be at 13.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-28-2007 at 09:07 PM.

In his Senior Bowl Headquarters section, Scott Wright of NFL Draft Countdown has posted his Stock Watch of prospects who helped/hurt their stock at the Senior Bowl.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12