Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The Official SLOP Mock (Choices We Fear)

SLOP is worried. Worried that the Linehan regime will fail in what will potentially be its last draft. Here's the scenario we fear:

Round 1: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
    The Rams select the player they think is the best prospect, ignoring the fact that he is not a need position player. Dorsey's injuries then come to light, and it turns out he needs surgery. He makes no impact as a rookie, and hinders Carriker in the long run by making him rotate to other positions.

Round 2: Aquib Talib, CB, Kansas
    Thinking that replacing Fakhir Brown is a priority, the Rams select Talib, once considered a first round prospect. Then, in October, he and Claude Wroten show up at a team meeting with a case of the munchies. Two days later, they are both suspended for using marijuana.

Round 3: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
    The Rams think they've hit the jackpot, ignoring the fact that 31 other teams have passed on this guy... twice! Never mind that he's slow, injured, and a jerk. Oh... and where's the pass rushing DE in this draft? Where's the OL? Guess we'll have to wait 'till the fourth round.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Re: The Official SLOP Mock (Choices We Fear)

Ouch. I wish I could say that's not going to happen. But it doesn't look that far-fetched to me actually. Remember it's always possible to **** things up, even when it appears impossible. I'm hoping that if Chris Long is there it will be an easy decision and we won't **** up the second pick of the draft, but as I said I don't even think Av's scenario looks that far-fetched.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

What about if the Rams draft Gholston? Doesn't anyone fear him pulling a "Randy Moss" and taking off plays? He did in college according to some NFL Insiders

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I have to agree, that could be the perfect storm of guys who seem like value picks, but could turn out really ugly.

I fear the Gholston breather too, Tx, which is a main reason why he's 3rd on my chart below the Long's. If I was 100% confident in Dorsey's legs and he was more of a need, Dorsey'd be above him too.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Seeing the glass half full, better that draft than selecting two tight ends in the first three rounds and watching them have a combined total of about 25 catches over two years.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Uh, maybe we should have SLOP meetings... If we got Talib in the second I wouldn't be pissed at all, or Kelly in the third. If we did both maybe, but it wouldn't be any worse than Brian Leonard in the second last year. Talib got stoned 2 years ago, not 2 months.

Besides Prime Time loves the kid, who are we to argue with THE Deon Sanders.

Kelly in the Third doesn't sound bad to me, so long as he stays under Holts wing not Drews.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Uh, maybe we should have SLOP meetings... If we got Talib in the second I wouldn't be pissed at all, or Kelly in the third. If we did both maybe, but it wouldn't be any worse than Brian Leonard in the second last year. Talib got stoned 2 years ago, not 2 months.

Besides Prime Time loves the kid, who are we to argue with THE Deon Sanders.

Kelly in the Third doesn't sound bad to me, so long as he stays under Holts wing not Drews.

Agreed. I would be happy with this draft too. Hmmm......

keith m. klink Guest

AV ! if this happened as you said , not the exact thing but if they did have a scenario like that , i think i would have to go take a huge DUMP in one of my many RAMS hats an hang it forever as a reminder of the DRAFT that could have deen .

Mooselini is offline Registered User

The second and third round I'm not too upset about, but Dorsey, as you mentioned, I'll be pissed.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Av, I don't think this fear extends solely to SLOP. If we had this draft...boy...I'd say I'd chew my fingernails down to stumps.

Ramer is offline Registered User

This wouldn't be the best draft we could have, but I wouldn't be that upset with it.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

So if the draft is a huge failure, then the rebuild is merely extended a year. Honestly, I don't have a problem with that; it is better in the long run to do it right over a couple of years rather than going for the "quick fix" again.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Its not merely those potential picks that SLOP fears... its the outcomes described.

I can't believe anyone would be happy with a combination of (1) broken, (2) stoned, and (3) jerk.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Its not merely those potential picks that SLOP fears... its the outcomes described.

I can't believe anyone would be happy with a combination of (1) broken, (2) stoned, and (3) jerk.

Yeah, I can see what you're saying. I guess I was just concentrating on how it would appear on paper.

(3)jerk. haha!

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

1. I don't want Dorsey

2. Stoned two years ago.

3. I don't care if he's the biggest ass in the world, if he doesn't get into trouble and makes probowls.

All these picks are considered the best at their positions, why is it bad to pick up the best?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast