throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: The Official "Texans agree to terms with Mario Williams" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO
    ESPN reports at least FIVE teams are contacting the saints for the #2 pick.

Williams was the right choice (or Brickshaw). They have a good QB in Carr and a good RB in Dominick Davis. Bush was not the answer.
    If Green Bay move up for Bush, it actually helps the Rams chances of getting AJ Hawk!

IsaacBruceFan80 Guest

I really think the Jets will move up to get Bush now. They can offer 2 firsts and prolly a 4th and get Reggie and the Saints can get Ferguson who they wanted all along.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

this is still hard to believe despite the fact that there's proof

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Tony Soprano Guest

I dunno. No knock on Williams, but let's say he gets 10 sacks this year. 12 the next. . (and that's optimistic).

He'll be a good player, but Bush is someone with very special skills that creates mismatches.

I hear about the Texans being set at QB and RB.. however, they certainly haven't produced consistently. And if the O-line is the reason for their offensive problems, why not trade this pick and get some O-linemen.

What did an accountant or CapMeister make this decision? I think MarioWilliams is a great 4th pick, but the FIRST pick?

IMO, they will live to regret this decision, and not just because of Bush. They could've traded this pick and leveraged it
    and got some real good playerS to fix their team. As opposed to hoping one Defensive End has a great impact on their defense and putting all their eggs in one basket.

Didn't we hear Denver was offering 2 firsts
    to get up around the 5th or 6th Pick?
    So, it's reasonable to believe they could've gotten 2 firsts and an early second or 2 firsts and two 3rds (maybe one from next year).

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Didn't we hear Denver was offering 2 firsts
    to get up around the 5th or 6th Pick?
    So, it's reasonable to believe they could've gotten 2 firsts and an early second or 2 firsts and two 3rds (maybe one from next year).
    I have heard two things on this - (1) Houston was holding out for a Herschel Walker type deal to move out of the #1 spot, and (2) no team was willing to give up nearly that much to move up to the first overall pick.

When it came down to it, Bush and his agent pretty much forced Houston's hand with their contract demands. It sounds as if the Texans were playing one off of each other and just planning to take whomever they could get a reasonable deal done with.

That said, Williams signed a pretty big deal. Somehow I don't think it would have been impossible for the Texans and Bush to eventually come to an agreement and avoid a Cedric Benson situation, which was their biggest fear.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think we can safely say that that outs and end to the first of 32 chapters. Good summary, Nick. Also, the Colts, and the way Manning struggled under pressure against SD must have had something to do with the way the Texans drafted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12