Draftniksince1985 is offline Registered User

Offseason wish list

Free Agency

Terrell Owens - Yes, i know he is 37. But, based on what I saw last season I still believe that with his supreme conditioning he is worth bringing in as veteran leadership to our young receivers.

Mathias Kiwanuka - Versatile. Can help us bring pressure from the OLB or DE position.

Jerome Harrison - Great home run potential. Spell HB for #39

Retain OJ Atogwe but try to rework his deal.

Bring back Amendola but not Laurent Robinson or Mark Clayton. We aren't running the west coast offense anymore. Both Amendola and Clayton are very similar and would only compete with each other for the underneath routes.

Draft

1. Julio Jones, WR, Alabama - We lost some close games last year. Who knows how many more could have been won with a big target to convert on 3rd down. Or a deep threat to get the eighth man out of the box and give Steven Jackson those extra two steps of momentum to punish the first contact with.

2. Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland - I know, I know back-to-back receivers. But the more options Bradford has the less our Defense is on the field. Plus, if you asked Spags or a member of our D if they would rather add 1 player or get to rush the passer and force turnovers because we're up two scores, they would pick the latter.

3. Stephen Schilling, G, Michigan - Played in a similar spread out system to McDaniels'. His athleticism would be great for pulling on run plays and in blocking downfield on screens.

4. Lawrence Wilson, OLB, Connecticut - Ideal weakside LB and in this LB corps, worse case he adds rotational depth.

5. Shiloh Keo, SS, Idaho - Good size and tackling ability. Has improved greatly in coverage but really shines near the line against the run.

6. Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida - Great run stuffer gets reunited with former teammates Jerome Murphy & George Selvie from last year's draft. Huge upside this late in the draft but this is where he's projected!

7. Alex Green, RB, Hawaii - He has the hands and short range quickness that we need for a third down back with the sturdy frame at 6' 220 to pass block and possibly develop into an every down back.
    Last edited by Draftniksince1985; -01-26-2011 at 08:43 PM.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: Offseason wish list

Jon Baldwin could be a nice consolation prize if Julio Jones gets taken before we pick. Ill be interested in his time in the 40 at the combine? If that's the way the front office goes. I do trust these men to make the better decisions in free agency, plus the draft? Heres hoping.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-26-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

some nice picks .... question: so you got 3 wr's added.

i know its only draft, but who would you cut from our current crop?

i like McClain .. if he lands that low, it would be a semi-steal

Draftniksince1985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Mar Ram View Post
    some nice picks .... question: so you got 3 wr's added.

i know its only draft, but who would you cut from our current crop?

i like McClain .. if he lands that low, it would be a semi-steal
    WR Depth Chart
    Terrell Owens
    Julio Jones
    Danario Alexander
    Danny Amendola - PR
    Torrey Smith
    Donnie Avery - KR
    Brandon Gibson

The reason I listed so many is that both in DEN McDaniels had several receivers and they all got their fair share of the offense. Anyone of 4 WRs (Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal, Thomas) could have a 100 yard game any given sunday. Also it might be time to face the music that our only Healthy WRs are Amendola & Gibson (once Laurent Robinson leaves.) I love Amendola but either of them are WR #3 AT BEST on ANY other team.
    Last edited by Draftniksince1985; -01-27-2011 at 01:50 AM.