Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear god...

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Re: Oh dear god...

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If the Seahawks are able to sign Marshall and Denver does not match, they would have to give up a first round pick. I'm not certain if the rules dictate which one they'd have to give up (their pick, #6, or the one obtained through a trade, #14).

Even if its the #14 pick, I'd question whether Seattle would be getting the better end of the deal. Seattle needs an OT, RB, QB (at least for long term), and pass rusher. Instead, they'd get a talented, but pricey, WR with conduct issues.
    To answer your question AV, they would have to give up the #6 pick. All iln all, I say that it is a good move, they have a veterean presense there which should prove beneficial and this brings some youth to an aging team.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    To answer your question AV, they would have to give up the #6 pick. All iln all, I say that it is a good move, they have a veterean presense there which should prove beneficial and this brings some youth to an aging team.
    I don't think Marshall is worth the money he will require plus the sixth pick in the draft. Not for a team that has as many needs as Seattle does.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Veteran presence?! BM is a 5th year guy & a troubled one, at that. I don't think any HC would want his presence permeating the locker room. Like TO, it's a question of whether you can minimize the effect of his disruptive personality & get the best effect on the field out of his immense talent.

If this deal pans out, the only people who are likely to benefit are bouncers at the Seattle hotspots where Hags like to hang out. A lot more will be hired & their salaries will increase dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Veteran presence?! BM is a 5th year guy & a troubled one, at that. I don't think any HC would want his presence permeating the locker room. Like TO, it's a question of whether you can minimize the effect of his disruptive personality & get the best effect on the field out of his immense talent.

If this deal pans out, the only people who are likely to benefit are bouncers at the Seattle hotspots where Hags like to hang out. A lot more will be hired & their salaries will increase dramatically.
    No Az, I am not talking about the veteran presense being Brandon Marshall, rather I am stating that the team is an older team so they will not get detered by his potential behavior and will be better equiped to keep him under wraps to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't think Marshall is worth the money he will require plus the sixth pick in the draft. Not for a team that has as many needs as Seattle does.
    Well at the end of the day AV, he's a game changer, he changes coverages and entire schemes for defenses, for alot of people (especially w/ an uncapped year coming up next year) that is well worth the money.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I dont think BM is worth a #6 overall pick he is great, a 100 catch a year guy. But I wouldnt take him with a top 10 pick. I think his supposed problems are overrated, and blown way out of proportion, but he isnt a good fit for a team with a declining QB.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I might be scared by this if the Seahawks had somebody to throw him the ball. His production on the field is enough for me to look away from his off the field problems but trading a high first round pick for a team that has as many holes as the Seahawks do including not having a QB or LT doesn't seem smart.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

FWIW, there are several Hawk fans over at Seahawk.net who are opposed to this move.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

No Az, I am not talking about the veteran presense being Brandon Marshall, rather I am stating that the team is an older team so they will not get detered by his potential behavior and will be better equiped to keep him under wraps to some degree.
    OK, MoG, I misread your post. Sorry. But I'm still not sure the point is valid. Housh is the only senior guy among the WRs,no? Hass is probably on his way out within a year & the Hags have a new HC and lots of new staff. Not exactly The Colts locker room in terms of established work ethic,leadership,etc, is it?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't think Marshall will have a negative impact on the locker room, but he may wind up getting himself suspended if not arrested. If the Hawks are smart, they'll try to talk the Broncos into taking less than a first rounder. If they can get him for a second round pick, it's a good deal. Maybe even for the later first round pick, but if they lose the #6 pick over it, they're probably setting back the rebuilding effort a bit.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Well at least some NFC west teams are using free agency to improve their team, we have Jay Feely SCOREBOARD! (sarcasm off)
    Just Fix It

richtree is offline Registered User

cant' you use the 2011 pick for to meet the tender ?

if so ., i would be down for that..

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    OK, MoG, I misread your post. Sorry. But I'm still not sure the point is valid. Housh is the only senior guy among the WRs,no? Hass is probably on his way out within a year & the Hags have a new HC and lots of new staff. Not exactly The Colts locker room in terms of established work ethic,leadership,etc, is it?
    Guys you forget they have the 14th pick as well which they plan to use to draft C.J. Spiller. Giving them 2 studs at WR, a dynamic RB who can hit the home run in both the backfield and in the return game, and that wonderful TE that gives us fits everytime we play them; sounds pretty good to me.

Then next year they have a shot at one of the QB's in next years draft (who's lot is going to be much better than this years) to groom for a year until ole' Hassleback retires or is benched....it really is a good plan.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Guys you forget they have the 14th pick as well which they plan to use to draft C.J. Spiller. Giving them 2 studs at WR, a dynamic RB who can hit the home run in both the backfield and in the return game, and that wonderful TE that gives us fits everytime we play them; sounds pretty good to me.

Then next year they have a shot at one of the QB's in next years draft (who's lot is going to be much better than this years) to groom for a year until ole' Hassleback retires or is benched....it really is a good plan.
    How do you know that's their plan? How do you know he'll be available when they pick? How do you know they'll be picking early enough to get a quarterback that will be better than all of this class or if there even will be a quarterback in that class who is any better? If that's their plan, it's going all in for the inside straight.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Brandon Marshall cant catch the ball if his QB is on his butt...

You know how we do that?

Ndamukong Suh 2010!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast