bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

OK Guy's I know it's early but what do you think we should look for draft wise??

Ok guys I was chatting with a friend of mine ( He's a lion's fan so when ever I feel bad about our team I talk to him and feel lucky) We were talking about the draft class and how there doesn't seem to be as big a draft class as there has been. Where do you guys think we should look to in the 1st couple rounds?? I think personally we really need to get some lineman holes patched. however I think we should look at possible free agents more than rookies just because of what we have now.I mean we have our QB, RB, and WR in the pro bowl with hopefully a returning Bruce, if we could patch some holes and maybe get a couple of guards and a RT probably a center too, (I love the doughnut brothers but they are soo old now and seem to get injured very easy these days). lets get some depth and let this offence get a couple seconds. I think our draft emphasis should remain on The D with our exception being a 3rd WR. I love curtis but I don't think we will get him back.. D line would be my 1st choice unless we get a prize FS or a true MLB ( I think witherspoon is a beast but he should be on the outside with PISA. Lets get a bart scott type monster to patch this run game what do you guys think???
    Last edited by bigtiger737; -12-24-2006 at 08:57 AM.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Re: OK Guy's I know it's early but what do you think we should look for draft wise??

I think our biggest need is absolutley D Line first,secondary 2nd,1 more quality LB and maybe more depth on OL possibly at the tackle position.I like what some of the young guys on the interior OL have done so I think we have a good future there.Our skill guys are fine.But like I said in other posts take the best player available when its your turn to draft not the best player that plays a position you have the most need at.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: OK Guy's I know it's early but what do you think we should look for draft wise??

It all starts with the linemen, on both offense and defense. I would love to see depth at the O-line spot, especially since folks like Timmerman and Pace seem to have injury problems now. The backups are young, and should get better, so maybe some veteran depth in free agency.

The D-line needs help.Glover and Kennedy have been decent at best. Kennedy is still performing way below expectations. I do like how Little has played recently, though.

Secondary needs help. Ever since Butler went down a few years ago, they've been struggling.

I would also look for a QB in the later rounds if you don't think Fitzpatrick is the answer.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Two words, LaRon Landry. I think he could help. Our D-Line needs lots of help also.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Man I can't believe we almost had Scott. This defense would look a hell of a lot different if he would of signed with us.

Country is offline Registered User

1. Dl
    2. S
    3. Lb
    4. Ol