View Poll Results: Ok here is my question. Phins take Matt Ryan QB, the board is ours, and we can get an

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Long

34 62.96%
  • Jake Long

6 11.11%
  • Glenn Dorsey

4 7.41%
  • Vernon Gholston (Trade back)

10 18.52%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    STLunatic is offline Registered User

Re: Ok here is my question. Phins take Matt Ryan QB

Jake Long would be a waste of a pick same with Glenn Dorsey. I hope phins take Matt Ryan because then i KNOW we will take Chris Long. and even though I want Gholston, I know that if Chris Long is there we won't screw up the pick.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Tell you what, if the Dolphins take Matt Ryan leaving the Rams the pick of the litter.....then 2008 may not be so bad after all.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Does Gholston scare anyone else? I mean, I consider myself 30% knowledgeable (better at college basketball but I do watch college football) and I really didn't hear of him till late or recently. Then, it's all about his combine numbers. Combine numbers alone just scare me. Dorsey plays with heart, so does Chris Long. Haven't seen enough of Jake yet.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Does Gholston scare anyone else? I mean, I consider myself 30% knowledgeable (better at college basketball but I do watch college football) and I really didn't hear of him till late or recently.

TX, I think the Michigan game put him on the map. I think he will be a great pass edge rusher. If we get I'm scared, with him and Little we will not stop the run on the edges. But we will get to the QB, pick your poison I guess.

Ohio State junior DE Vernon Gholston was nothing short of sensational in the Buckeyes' 14-3 win over the Wolverines. Michigan was simply unable to keep him out of the backfield for any extended period of time (he finished with four tackles for loss -- three of which were sacks).

Although most of his damage was done away from LT Jake Long, the senior found out firsthand just how difficult it can be to try to keep No. 50 away from the quarterback, as he was beaten to the outside and surrendered a sack. Gholston brought both outside and inside pressure, displaying very impressive power and closing speed.

Of the top prospects at the position for the 2009 draft, he has clearly proved to be the best of the bunch when it comes to generating heat on the quarterback. Case in point: The trio of Florida's Derrick Harvey (6.5 sacks), Miami (Fla.)'s Calais Campbell (six sacks) and LSU's Tyson Jackson (2.5 sacks) has combined for 15 sacks. Gholston has 13!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Does Gholston scare anyone else? I mean, I consider myself 30% knowledgeable (better at college basketball but I do watch college football) and I really didn't hear of him till late or recently. Then, it's all about his combine numbers. Combine numbers alone just scare me. Dorsey plays with heart, so does Chris Long. Haven't seen enough of Jake yet.
    I gotta tell you, tx.....he scares the crap out of me! His potential is very appealing, but there's a lot of questions I have to ask. For one, take out the Michigan and Wisconsin game, he had 28 tackles, 7.5 TFLs, & 7 sacks. That's over 11 games! I'd want more from the #2 pick.

However, in the Michigan & Wisconsin games, he was huge: 9 tackles, 8 TFLs, 7 sacks!

So, will the real Vernon Gholston please stand up.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

And that's the trick, isn't it? If he raises himself up in big games, and very few games in the NFL aren't big games, he'll be great. However, unless he can somehow prove that he won't slack off, how do we know we'll be getting a complete, every down player with him? He's clearly the best pass rusher in the draft, but he also has a lot of issues, and I don't know how good he'll be in stopping the run if they go at him, as has been mentioned earlier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12