Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Re: Okoye, Adams, C. Johnson admit to using Marijuana

I'm with you guys on the honesty, I hope this does effect his stock, just enough to ensure him being there at 13 and with a trade from the Panthers we take the onetime freshman 420 tester. If anything this honesty is only a credit to his character, and furthers how much of a phenom this kid is gonna be.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    EVERYONE has tried it..once or twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk
    anyone with a completely clean slate is either Jesus himself or a liar.
    Hate to burst your bubble fellas, but there actually are people out there who have made a choice to not do drugs. Never have, never will. If you've tried it, fine....that's your decision. However, don't rationalize it by saying "everyone does it".

Having said all that, if that's the worst that can be said about the kid, who cares? Non-issue.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Mr. Gaz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Okoye tried it once when he was a 16 year old freshman. He had the balls to come out and admit to this fact, even though he knew it could very well cost him millions of dollars as it could affect his draft position. I dont see how it is a big deal.

It isnt like he was tested at the combine and they found traces of the drug in his system. They asked him and he just admitted to it. He is now 19 so hasnt touched the stuff for three years.

If anything, im more wary of someone with a completely spotless record then a guy with one or two very minor black marks. With the way the world is nowdays anyone with a completely clean slate is either Jesus himself or a liar.
    I agree completely. If anything this would make me want to draft him more. It shows he isn't scared of hiding from his past or anything.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I would much rather have a guy with a spotless record, personally.

Drug abuse might just be the tip of the iceberg.
    I didn't hear that he did any drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I didn't hear that he did any drugs?
    I'm going to have to assume that you ask this question for one of two reasons:

1. You haven't read this thread to know that Okoye admitted to smoking marijuana as a freshman at Louisville.

2. You don't think marijuana is a drug.

If 1, read the thread.

If 2, the U.S. government would disagree with you.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble fellas, but there actually are people out there who have made a choice to not do drugs. Never have, never will. If you've tried it, fine....that's your decision. However, don't rationalize it by saying "everyone does it".

Having said all that, if that's the worst that can be said about the kid, who cares? Non-issue.
    ive never done drugs either, my point is that its practically impossible for someone to not have a black mark somewhere. Okoye's is that he once smoked weed. thats really not a big deal.

keith m. klink Guest

what is the big deal , people that smoke pot don't bother anybody , they don't get high and get (BEER MUSCLES AND START FIGHTS) or kill people in car accidents like drunk drivers , and if you look at the people in office , running this country , 70% of them have had very serious legal problems , not just small misdeminor's , i'm talkin felons here . so if a kid admit's to smokin pot , something that GOD himself put on this earth , and congress made illegal during prohabition times , when their asses were wound so tight that you couldn't fit a thread of hair in it , big damn deal . he's not hurting anyone and not bothering you or your family with it , leave them alone .

Rambos is offline Registered User

The Rams should let the media know that, with the current Pac Man suspension, the Rams have dropped Okoye off their board. The Rams won’t take a chance on any potential character issues that could result in lost of playing time. All NFL teams need to think twice about having a pothead on their rosters.

And then draft him under what would soon be known as the “pot smoke screen”

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

We're okay here because Okoye didn't inhale.

I'm going to have to assume that you ask this question for one of two reasons:

1. You haven't read this thread to know that Okoye admitted to smoking marijuana as a freshman at Louisville.

2. You don't think marijuana is a drug.

If 1, read the thread.

If 2, the U.S. government would disagree with you.
    1. Have read the thread and all the posts

2. I don't give a rats ass what the US government believes is "wrong". First I'm Canadian. Secondly who the hell says they get to determine what is right and wrong for people

My examples: Tabacco/ Alcohol= Right. Pot = Wrong

Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    1. Have read the thread and all the posts

2. I don't give a rats ass what the US government believes is "wrong". First I'm Canadian. Secondly who the hell says they get to determine what is right and wrong for people

My examples: Tabacco/ Alcohol= Right. Pot = Wrong

Give me a break!
    1. Congrats on reading.

2. It's not your rats hind-quarter that anyone is interested in here. If any of these kids were auditioning to be drafted in the Canadian Football League, your view from the Great White North may be relevant. However, since the NFL is played in America, these kids have to follow American law. Notice I didn't say "right" or "wrong". The government doesn't tell people what is "right" or "wrong", only what is legal and illegal. Take this, for example, certain drugs (including marijuana) are illegal.

We could discuss the right/wrong angle of weed all day long....been there, done that. But to say marijuana ISN'T a drug, is simply inaccurate. Okoye, by his own admission, did drugs. End of story.

And back to the point of all this..........nobody (including NFL front offices) are going to care about some kid sampling weed a time or two. Now, if any of them roll into Madison Square Garden in the Cheech and Chong express smelling like hemp and chocolate, there's going to be a few eyebrows get raised.

njrammer85 is offline Registered User

Does anyone remember Warren Sapp? If he's there you need the big body!

If any of these kids were auditioning to be drafted in the Canadian Football League, your view from the Great White North may be relevant.
    K... I take offense to that!

We could discuss the right/wrong angle of weed all day long....been there, done that. But to say marijuana ISN'T a drug, is simply inaccurate. Okoye, by his own admission, did drugs. End of story.
    No doubt its a drug... I was exaggerating to get around the point.

THE POINT: Who cares if they experimented!

Check your posts from now on before you go disrespecting where I'm from.
    Last edited by itsguud; -04-19-2007 at 03:12 PM. Reason: I'll be the bigger man.

Quote Originally Posted by guud
    K... I take offense to that!
    You're free to do so. You'd be wrong, but you're free to do so. Nothing offensive in my statement. The NFL has a policy against drug use, including marijuana. America also has a law against marijuana. Therefore, you proclaiming your Canadian citizenship as a factor in this argument is irrelvant.
    No doubt its a drug... I was exaggerating to get around the point.
    Well, good, so it was option #1 all along. Glad we cleared that up.
    THE POINT: Who cares if they experimented!
    Excellent, again we (and everyone else who has posted so far on this issue) are in agreement.
    Check your posts from now on before you go disrespecting where I'm from.
    Disrespectful? There was nothing disrespectful in anything I posted. One of us did take a shot at the others government, but it wasn't me. In fact, I even called your country the Great White North.

Disrespecting where you're from? Funny stuff.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Who Hasnt Smoke Weed When They Were Young??? Everyone Has People Come On, Its Part Of Society Sadly... At Least They Admitted It...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast