Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    onslaught11 is offline Registered User

The one player you would definitely want for this team

Who is the one player in this draft you would definitely want to see in Rams horns even though it means reaching for him.
    The one guy who may not be the most talented or quickest but who's attitude or playing style makes you want him to be a Ram.

My pick would be Owen Schmitt FB WVU.

He may be the best blocking FB in this draft. He may not run a 4.4 or even a 4.6. But his style and attitude make him a perfect fit for the Rams.

The Rams need a guy with this much passion for the game that he takes losing as an insult.

Who is your pick?

We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

keith m. klink Guest

Re: The one player you would definitely want for this team

stoppppp ittt , i wrote a thread on this guy last minth or so . this guy is the ultimate player . re is a punnishing runner , can catch a ball or two ,but his attitude and demeanor is almost scarry . i watched a game where he missed a block , and the play was shot to hell. he walked over too the sidelines , removed his helmet , and proceded to beat himself about the head with it . this guy is intense , an old -old school player. whoever gets this guy , will have a 10 year starter in their pocket , and no-one will ever hurt his runner without regretting it . this guy would have been my pick , if we could not somehow get CHRIS LONG .

Mooselini is offline Registered User

hmmm he would be a good pick...but its not our priority.

however hes a good player dont get me wrong.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'll man up and admit it, his post-game interview after the Fiesta Bowl made me cry...

YouTube - Owen Schmitt's Fiesta Bowl Postgame Interview
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

This guy is a beast i would love to have him he does everything a fullback needs to do well. He is a monstrous blocker and a huge part of the WV running game and would do the same here by opening up huge holes for SJ. The only problem is what do we do with Leonard Schmitt could start day 1 Nick can vouch because that is how nasty he is. That means we wasted a 2nd round pick on a 3rd down back?!?!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Kind of sounds like Madison Hedgecock.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Too bad we wasted that pick on Leonard last year... the last thing we need is to be throwing around more day 1 picks on 3rd down backs, full backs and tight ends..

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    The only problem is what do we do with Leonard Schmitt could start day 1 Nick can vouch because that is how nasty he is. That means we wasted a 2nd round pick on a 3rd down back?!?!
    Spending a second round pick on a back-up player was questionable from the day the pick was made, but drafting a fullback like Schmitt would allow the Rams to use Leonard exclusively at tailback rather than be forced to use him more at fullback because of a lack of personnel. So that could be a bonus for this team.

The biggest concern I have though is, if Schmitt is projected to be a third or fourth round selection, can you really justify spending that high a pick with other vital needs like DE, OL, WR, SS? That would be the concern, but I'd love to see this guy in horns.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Kind of sounds like Madison Hedgecock.
    I'm not sure you've seen enough Owen Schmitt if you think he compares to Madison Hedgecock.

keith m. klink Guest

i was hoping that we could snag joe flacco , in the 4th round myself . but at the 5th or after , i would be looking hard . a true blocking back would open up so many ,better holes , than a 225 lb duel back . and not too mention the better backfield blocking for BULGER . this could be his best friend in a year or so .

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm not sure you've seen enough Owen Schmitt if you think he compares to Madison Hedgecock.
    I've never seen him. I was more responding to the fact that he was a blocking back to make a snide comment about Linehan's roster choices.

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    i was hoping that we could snag joe flacco , in the 4th round myself . but at the 5th or after , i would be looking hard . a true blocking back would open up so many ,better holes , than a 225 lb duel back . and not too mention the better backfield blocking for BULGER . this could be his best friend in a year or so .
    interesting point. leonard isnt big enough to block anyone. this could be a good add. what draft round you think we could POSSIBLY pick him up in?

STLunatic is offline Registered User

Im going to cheat and pick 2 players, figuring atleast one will be there with our 2nd round pick.

Justin King and Dan Connor.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLunatic View Post
    Im going to cheat and pick 2 players, figuring atleast one will be there with our 2nd round pick.

Justin King and Dan Connor.
    I'm a huge Penn State fan and would love to see Dan Conner in a Ram's uniform. I think he's the real deal.
    But Justin King has not impressed me from what I've seen of him. He's a tremendous athlete but hasn't been particularly dominant on the football field from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    interesting point. leonard isnt big enough to block anyone. this could be a good add. what draft round you think we could POSSIBLY pick him up in?
    If he slips to the second day, he won't last long. Generally there are a view guys whom most think will go on the first day and then are taken within the first 15-20 picks of the fourth round on day two (Michael Bush & Tanard Jackson last year; Max Jean-Gilles, Darnell Bing, Ko Simpson, and Gabe Watson in 2006, etc). The question becomes are we in a position to spend a third or fourth round pick on a fullback. Ultimately it will likely depend on what we're able to do in free agency and in the 2-3 rounds prior, but then again, an impressive combine could solidify Schmitt as a first day lock. At that point, I really question if we could justify that pick over other potential need areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If he slips to the second day, he won't last long. Generally there are a view guys whom most think will go on the first day and then are taken within the first 15-20 picks of the fourth round on day two (Michael Bush & Tanard Jackson last year; Max Jean-Gilles, Darnell Bing, Ko Simpson, and Gabe Watson in 2006, etc). The question becomes are we in a position to spend a third or fourth round pick on a fullback. Ultimately it will likely depend on what we're able to do in free agency and in the 2-3 rounds prior, but then again, an impressive combine could solidify Schmitt as a first day lock. At that point, I really question if we could justify that pick over other potential need areas.
    This is very true. He would be a solid choice, but would he fill our needs?

If we do draft (or sign a FB via FA) what would we do with Leonard?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast