AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The only trade down scenario I can see working

The only trade down partner I can see as even a remote possibility for the Rams would be Washington. Here's the scenario:

1. The Redskins want Sanchez - badly

2. The Redskins believe that Seattle will take Sanchez with the 4th pick if he is there.

3. The Redskins can't make a trade to move up to pick #3 (Kansas City).

If those three things happen, the Redskins could try to trade with the Rams for the 2nd pick. The problem will be getting a package that would be sufficient compensation for the Rams.

The starting point would have to be the Redskins first round pick (#13) and their 2010 first round pick. I'd also want at least the Skins' 2009 third round pick (as they do not have a 2nd round selection) and/or a player (maybe, off the top of my head, CB Carlos Rogers).

Would I make that trade...? I'm not sure that I would. In the long run, it would be nice to have 2 first round picks in 2010, but who would the Rams get at #13. Michael Oher? Jeremy Maclin? Rey Maualuga?

I don't know that I can talk myself into this deal, though it is not entirely implausible.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: The only trade down scenario I can see working

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The only trade down partner I can see as even a remote possibility for the Rams would be Washington. Here's the scenario:

1. The Redskins want Sanchez - badly

2. The Redskins believe that Seattle will take Sanchez with the 4th pick if he is there.

3. The Redskins can't make a trade to move up to pick #3 (Kansas City).

If those three things happen, the Redskins could try to trade with the Rams for the 2nd pick. The problem will be getting a package that would be sufficient compensation for the Rams.

The starting point would have to be the Redskins first round pick (#13) and their 2010 first round pick. I'd also want at least the Skins' 2009 third round pick (as they do not have a 2nd round selection) and/or a player (maybe, off the top of my head, CB Carlos Rogers).

Would I make that trade...? I'm not sure that I would. In the long run, it would be nice to have 2 first round picks in 2010, but who would the Rams get at #13. Michael Oher? Jeremy Maclin? Rey Maualuga?

I don't know that I can talk myself into this deal, though it is not entirely implausible.
    I'm not as excited about trading with Washington; but
    how about the Cleveland Browns as a possible trade partner? I've been hearing that the new regime in Cleveland does not like any of their QBs (D. Anderson or B. Quinn) and have been talking about putting both of them on the market.

Consider the following: Detroit takes Stafford with the first pick. The Rams then draft Sanchez. Once we do this there is essentially no more franchise QBs left in this draft. The Browns come a-callin' to acquire Sanchez from us. They offer the following:
    1.) The 5th pick in this draft
    2.) One of their two 2nd round picks in this draft.
    3.) A 2nd or 3rd rounder from next years draft.

With both Stafford and Sanchez taking up the first two picks that means that either Jason Smith, Earl Monroe or Aaron Curry will be there for the taking at the fifth pick.
    And the extra picks will help us immensely.

Sound far-fetched? Stranger things have happened.

WHAT SAY YE?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

from Cleveland id rather get their first and Braylon Edwards, provided the Rams can still get one of Curry, Jason Smith or Monroe

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I agree that if we are going to trade down (and I would be all for that). Sanchez is the only factor that could make a team move up. I think Redskins and Browns are the only teams that would be willing to do so.

A trade with Browns involving Quinn or Edwards would be optimal I think. If we assume that Detroit takes a QB and the second pick is a QB the 5 pick would 100% sure leave us with one of the 3 players that I think we have in the top 3 on our boards. Jason Smith, Monroe or Curry. Its almost worth trading with the Browns just to get one of these 3 guys cheaper