general counsel Guest

Opinions please on adam bergen, TE

Guys, can you experts give me any view on adam bergen, tight end, lehigh (my undergrad alma mata and I AA annual competitor). Kipper has him as the #3 tight end, but i have not seen him mentioned on this board.

Personally, i view the odds of the #3 tight end taken in the nfl draft to be BOTH from Lehigh AND Jewish (my religion so i am not making any deragatory comment) as literally a Billion to One shot.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Opinions please on adam bergen, TE

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Guys, can you experts give me any view on adam bergen, tight end, lehigh (my undergrad alma mata and I AA annual competitor). Kipper has him as the #3 tight end, but i have not seen him mentioned on this board.

Personally, i view the odds of the #3 tight end taken in the nfl draft to be BOTH from Lehigh AND Jewish (my religion so i am not making any deragatory comment) as literally a Billion to One shot.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Oh, the mighty Lehigh, home of Redskins DE Ritchie Owens, who in 1995 became the only player ever drafted from Lehigh. Will Bergen be next? Good size kid with good wheels, but the ever-present "small school stigma". I'm guessing about the 5th round he becomes the 2nd Lehigh grad to be drafted.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel Guest

Actually hubison, you have to go back a while, but i think that the 1971 Lehigh squad produced two guys that i believe were drafted, john hill, an offensive lineman who played in the NFL for many years with the new orleanes saints, and Kim McQuilken, the qb, who played for the redskins for a while. I went to school with a wide receiver named steve kreider who was the bengals holder i believe in the super bowl, but i am not sure if he was drafted. Abdullah, a running back from a couple of years ago, played in the nfl within the last couple of years, but i dont think he was actually drafted.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Actually hubison, you have to go back a while, but i think that the 1971 Lehigh squad produced two guys that i believe were drafted, john hill, an offensive lineman who played in the NFL for many years with the new orleanes saints, and Kim McQuilken, the qb, who played for the redskins for a while. I went to school with a wide receiver named steve kreider who was the bengals holder i believe in the super bowl, but i am not sure if he was drafted. Abdullah, a running back from a couple of years ago, played in the nfl within the last couple of years, but i dont think he was actually drafted.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I indeed stand corrected.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel Guest

no correction needed hubison, i very much appreciate your perspective on the kid. 5th round would be great. Maybe he will be the first lehigh kid to ever wear the horns!

general counsel

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I agree that he'd be a good option on Day Two in the fourth or fifth round. It sounds like he's a quality receiving tight end, but you always wonder if the guys from D-II can play as well in the NFL. Still, probably worth looking at on the second day based on his attributes.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Hey G.C. Is Lehigh in Pennsylvania or am I thinking of a different school? And, for some reason, I thought the school's nickname was the "Engineers." Oh well, I could be wrong!!
    WHAT SAY YE?

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable
    Hey G.C. Is Lehigh in Pennsylvania or am I thinking of a different school? And, for some reason, I thought the school's nickname was the "Engineers." Oh well, I could be wrong!!
    WHAT SAY YE?
    It's in Bethleham, PA. And they are the Mountain Hawks.

general counsel Guest

Lehigh is indeed known as the mountain hawks, but only in the last ten years or so. For about 100 plus years before that, the teams were known as The Engineers. A switch by the marketing department to modernize the schools image!

ramming speed to all

general counsel