The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

The Optimistic Lamb's Mock Draft

Version 2.0

1.1 Sam Bradford- QB
    In my mind, Suh is still the better player. But Bradford has all the tools, smarts, and character to become a franchise QB. The draft is very deep in DT and a steal at #33 is very possible.

2.1 Brain Price- DT
    Price is big, explosive, and a little nasty. Plays with a lot of passion and has to be double teamed. Has lots in common with Dorrel Scott. Supposedly a top 15 pick, but in reality the 2rd tier DT's are all tied for 2nd and it comes down to what is a "fit". Most of the teams at the bottom of the draft are 3-4 defenses while Price is strictly a 4-3. He just has to slide by the Colts and Saints to be home free.

3.1 Dorin Dickerson- WR
    Dickerson is 6'2, 226lbs, runs a 4.4, and can catch deep balls. What is he doing playing TE? He looks to me like a big WR like Dez Bryant, or Demaryius Thomas.

4.1 AJ Edds- OLB
    Edds isn't a sexy pick like Sean Weatherspoon, but he is a big LB at 246lbs who excels in coverage. He is polished, smart, durable, and rarely makes mistakes. Could play WLB or SLB. To me, he fits right in with Voborra and Laurinaitis.

5.1 Myron Lewis- CB/FS
    A CB projected to be a FS in the NFL because of his lack of speed. Some debate over what round Lewis belongs in, I've seen him as high as the 3rd and as low as the 6th. But Spags seems to have a place for these "tweeners" and after letting go of Jonathon Wade, we could use some depth in the backfield. We'll see how the situation develops on draft day.

5.32 Chris Marinelli- OT
    A blue collar O-lineman who has the respect of his team. Is very tough and durable and should be a very good back up with potential.

6.1 John Conner- FB
    At 241lbs, Conner plays mean old school football. Is very good in pass protection and will sacrifice himself to take out LB's on the run. Seems to play with reckless abandon and grit. Was a walk on who became team captain. Is also a special teams star.

7.1 Jeromy Miles- FS
    Another big fast DB. 6'2, 210lbs, runs a 4.5. Nothing more than a good depth pick.

7.19 Trindon Holliday- KR
    A star kick returner for LSU. One of the fastest guys in the draft, why not pick him if he's available?

7.47 Who cares? There isn't an 8th round for a reason...

sakl18 is offline Registered User

Re: The Optimistic Lamb's Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Version 2.0

1.1 Sam Bradford- QB
    In my mind, Suh is still the better player. But Bradford has all the tools, smarts, and character to become a franchise QB. The draft is very deep in DT and a steal at #33 is very possible.

2.1 Brain Price- DT
    Price is big, explosive, and a little nasty. Plays with a lot of passion and has to be double teamed. Has lots in common with Dorrel Scott. Supposedly a top 15 pick, but in reality the 2rd tier DT's are all tied for 2nd and it comes down to what is a "fit". Most of the teams at the bottom of the draft are 3-4 defenses while Price is strictly a 4-3. He just has to slide by the Colts and Saints to be home free.

3.1 Dorin Dickerson- WR
    Dickerson is 6'2, 226lbs, runs a 4.4, and can catch deep balls. What is he doing playing TE? He looks to me like a big WR like Dez Bryant, or Demaryius Thomas.

4.1 AJ Edds- OLB
    Edds isn't a sexy pick like Sean Weatherspoon, but he is a big LB at 246lbs who excels in coverage. He is polished, smart, durable, and rarely makes mistakes. Could play WLB or SLB. To me, he fits right in with Voborra and Laurinaitis.

5.1 Myron Lewis- CB/FS
    A CB projected to be a FS in the NFL because of his lack of speed. Some debate over what round Lewis belongs in, I've seen him as high as the 3rd and as low as the 6th. But Spags seems to have a place for these "tweeners" and after letting go of Jonathon Wade, we could use some depth in the backfield. We'll see how the situation develops on draft day.

5.32 Chris Marinelli- OT
    A blue collar O-lineman who has the respect of his team. Is very tough and durable and should be a very good back up with potential.

6.1 John Conner- FB
    At 241lbs, Conner plays mean old school football. Is very good in pass protection and will sacrifice himself to take out LB's on the run. Seems to play with reckless abandon and grit. Was a walk on who became team captain. Is also a special teams star.

7.1 Jeromy Miles- FS
    Another big fast DB. 6'2, 210lbs, runs a 4.5. Nothing more than a good depth pick.

7.19 Trindon Holliday- KR
    A star kick returner for LSU. One of the fastest guys in the draft, why not pick him if he's available?

7.47 Who cares? There isn't an 8th round for a reason...
    My biggest concern is that you don't have us taking a TE anywhere. If we draft Bradford, we need to get him a reliable TE. Also, I think that we would be better served to grad a DE atop round 2 instead of a DT. And about our compensation pick, I think Marques Colston would disagree with you. Other than that I think it's a solid mock.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

ummmmm I wouldn't get a DT, we have Robbins now he'll do pretty well. If Gresham was there at 33, I WOULD NOT hesitate on picking him, if he wasn't there go for a DE or trade down. I would be happy with this draft but not excited.

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    ummmmm I wouldn't get a DT, we have Robbins now he'll do pretty well. If Gresham was there at 33, I WOULD NOT hesitate on picking him, if he wasn't there go for a DE or trade down. I would be happy with this draft but not excited.

What do you guys have against DT's? Its a very important position that we have almost no talent at.

What do you guys have against DT's? Its a very important position that we have almost no talent at.
    nothing at all, I'm just saying we should go Bradford, TE, and if we HAVE to get a DT go for one in the 3rd. as stated many times this is a DEEP class for DT's.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Brian Price would be a great selection at #33, but I don't expect he'll still be there at that point.

Not a fan of Dickerson. Too much of a 'tweener for my taste.

I like Edds.

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    nothing at all, I'm just saying we should go Bradford, TE, and if we HAVE to get a DT go for one in the 3rd. as stated many times this is a DEEP class for DT's.
    Its also a deep class of TE's. We already have a 6-4 272lbs TE in Daniel Fells who scored many, if not the majority of our touchdowns. Pair him with Bradford and you will probably see his production go up. While at DT we have 1 starter in Ryan, a stop gap player in Robbins, and a backup in Scott. You want a top 15 DT in the second or a banged up Gresham to back up Fells?

Its also a deep class of TE's. We already have a 6-4 272lbs TE in Daniel Fells who scored many, if not the majority of our touchdowns. Pair him with Bradford and you will probably see his production go up. While at DT we have 1 starter in Ryan, a stop gap player in Robbins, and a backup in Scott. You want a top 15 DT in the second or a banged up Gresham to back up Fells?
    Gresham AND Bradford missed the 09 season, does that make Bradford banged up too?

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I'd go with a DT over a TE too, but I think you are exaggerating Fells production. The dude scored 3 TDs. I know we didn't score many TDs last year but I really hope that 3 doesn't qualify as a "majority"

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Yeah. Fells scored 3 touchdowns. That's not very good.

Plus, I guess we can also point out the fact that he dropped alot of catches as well. Fells is no more than a solid #2 TE at this point.

We have Carriker, a former first round pick. True he hasn't shown us anything, but that has been due to injuries and such.

We have Dorrell Scott, who showed a lot of progress during the end of last season.

We have Robbins, who is a solid run stuffer and pass rusher.

We have Ryan, who is also a solid run stuffer, and improving player.

We aren't really lacking in the DT position. True, it's not a great corps, but it's not very weak either.

Also, you state that Brian Price is similar to Dorrell Scott. Why would we pick Price then? Price at #33, while Scott was picked in the 4th round?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    We have Carriker, a former first round pick. True he hasn't shown us anything, but that has been due to injuries and such. We have Dorrell Scott, who showed a lot of progress during the end of last season. We have Robbins, who is a solid run stuffer and pass rusher. We have Ryan, who is also a solid run stuffer, and improving player.

We aren't really lacking in the DT position. True, it's not a great corps, but it's not very weak either.

Blatant lie right here. We rate 27th against the run.

Dorrell Scott is a back up.
    Carriker shouldnt even be a 4-3 DT.
    Robbins was cut, cuz he's old.
    Ryan is a solid starter.

Read a frickin' sports magazine sometime.

>>>

Ryan is a solid starter.

>>>
    What magazine do you read? Maxim?

First, why would we want to draft Brian Price? In your opinion, he is similar to Dorrell Scott, a "back up". Why would we waste our second round pick on a guy similar to to a guy we have who is a back up?

Carriker shouldn't be a 4-3DT? It may not be his best position to play, but its the cloest thing to a 3-4DE...

And the D-Line is not the only group responsible for the "27th against the run" stat.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Ryan is a solid starter.

>>>
    First of all, whether you agree with him or not it was not a 'blatant lie.' Right or wrong, he's just expressing an opinion different from yours.

I think what people here are saying is that while our DT unit isn't great, we have something there. At TE and DE, on the other hand, we have basically nothing.