Richbert88 is offline Registered User

OT alternatives.........

Should Pace eventually be released in a cap savings move or traded, what are the possibilities.

1. Rams draft an OT with 1-#2.
    2. Rams draft an OT with 2-#3 hoping he's good enough to start.
    3. Sign a vet to play LOT.
    4. Move Barron to LOT, put a body at ROT or.......

I noticed this:

<from Jason La Canfora or Redskins Insider>

Ray Willis, the young Seattle tackle, could be the solution to Washington's right tackle problems, and is someone the team is looking at as free agency looms, according to a league source. Willis, 26, did not play much in his first three years in Seattle - he was drafted while Skins coaches Jim Zorn and Stump Mitchell were on the staff - but when injuries hit the Seahawks' line last year, he started 10 games and fared well.

Why not? Takes a young player away from a division rival. Should be affordable. Plays a position of need. Looked decent in his limited opportunities. He's only 26. Measurable s are 6-6 315#.

Go get him, move Barron, whom if I remember was effective on the left side, and install this kid at ROT. Draft a project in the draft.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Richbert88; -03-02-2009 at 01:51 AM.

Semper Fi!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: OT alternatives.........

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    Ray Willis, the young Seattle tackle, could be the solution to Washington's right tackle problems, and is someone the team is looking at as free agency looms, according to a league source. Willis, 26, did not play much in his first three years in Seattle - he was drafted while Skins coaches Jim Zorn and Stump Mitchell were on the staff - but when injuries hit the Seahawks' line last year, he started 10 games and fared well.[/I][/COLOR]

Go get him, move Barron, whom if I remember was effective on the left side, and install this kid at ROT. Draft a project in the draft.

Thoughts?
    The problem I have with this is that Barron wasn't really effective on the left side. Less effective, in fact, than he has been on the right. I believe his most heavily penalized year came when he was protecting Bulger's blind side. He's proven he's not a long-term solution, but would be a viable third tackle if we were to get someone who could start over him. I haven't heard a lot about Wills, but being one of the better OT's on the market, he'll command a bit of dosh.

Whether he's better at RT than Barron is for Billy D. to decide.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: OT alternatives.........

If Andre Smith had just shown up in shape and not messed around my choice would be easy! I still think he has a shot, ONLY if he has an amazing pro day though, and that's it.
    That is a very interesting idea going after Wills though. Hopefully it's something the FO and coaching staff is looking at.