badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

OT- Make a case for your guy

I've read about 500 different mock drafts and I still find the prospects rankings vauge at best. I'm a SEC guy an LSU fan. I didn't watch a lot of college football outside of the SEC and didn't really see any SEC teams that didn't play against LSU. I know that this board has fans from across the nation that are fans of their respective programs in there area. At the least if not a fan of the program they are subjected to watching a team based on the region they reside in. So, being there are no Tigers being considered in the top 3 rounds of this years draft at the OT position, I would like to get some input from those of you that have watched some of these guys play. Currently, I'm reduced to the measurables and what some other "expert" has ranked these guys. I am aware that when it comes to football there are certain things that can't be measured, heart for one. Lets hear your opinion and not the concensus view. You guys watched these guys play so tell us about them and why the Rams should call their name in April.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: OT- Make a case for your guy

Well, Jake Long's resume speaks for itself. Two sacks in four years of starting, I don't care what the competition is, that's good.

The one I'd love to see fall to us in the second, but I know won't because of his versatility is Brandon Albert from UVA. He can play OT or Guard, which makes him great for us, as he can be drafted to play RG and then possibly move to RT when Barron moves to LT when Pace retires. At the very least he's a starter that's also a depth player at three other positions(probably not LT, but maybe)

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Well, Jake Long's resume speaks for itself. Two sacks in four years of starting, I don't care what the competition is, that's good.

The one I'd love to see fall to us in the second, but I know won't because of his versatility is Brandon Albert from UVA. He can play OT or Guard, which makes him great for us, as he can be drafted to play RG and then possibly move to RT when Barron moves to LT when Pace retires. At the very least he's a starter that's also a depth player at three other positions(probably not LT, but maybe)
    Great idea Teke. I could see us going Albert in the second. If he's available that is.

I see the Rams really pushing for Gholston in round one. I see Jake Long open, but not likely for us.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Have you seen him play? What sort of player is he? I'm all for drafting a guy that can play multiple positions on the line. We may need a guy like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

LinkBacks (?)