RuffRams is offline Registered User

Our Free Agency Grade So Far.

Okay put the Eagles aside. After that...Am I crazy to say that we are probably top 3 in the league in best moves made.

We made great moves that will lead to great fits. Of, course there was no big splash. However, pickups like Mikill, Dahl, Bannan, Diles, Sims-Walker, and say whatever backup Running back are very good pick ups. Not only did we address the needs, I feel we addressed them really well. I am willing to say that other than the Eagles, we are in Top 3 in best FA moves to improve our team. I will even give them a grade of A-, close to an A. What do you guys think?

I love the offseason we have just had free agency wise. Very smart moves and moves that I feel surely should make us the NFC West favorite...

-RamOG

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: Our Free Agency Grade So Far.

I agree with all the picks. We are not a flashy team by no means, these moves fill our needs to a tee. I just hope we have enough firepower to be competitive like everyone here at "the CLAN" thinkwe do.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd give the Rams a solid B+ for their free agency, though it's probably inaccurate to try and grade any personnel acquisition until we have a couple of seasons to look back and evaluate how those acquisitions translated onto the field.

That being said, the Rams added outstanding talent at key need positions at safety (Mikell) and right guard (Dahl). They've added solid starters at linebacker (Diles) and defensive tackle (Bannan). They've also added more depth on the defensive line (Muir) and a contender at wide receiver (Sims-Walker). It looks like the addition of at least one back-up running back is on the way.

They haven't gone on a spending spree to get the biggest names, but they've added some solid guys who will fill holes. Only time will tell how well they've actually done, though.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

B+ aswell. Picking up potentially 5 starters, is good work by anyone's standard. Still need a suitable replacement for Jackson.?

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Im not sure the Eagles were that great in Free-agency, they traded for a CB .. they picked up a CB and they kept a CB ...

Even though the experts are only gonna give the Rams a B (if they get a decent RB) since they like big money signings. I'd be inclined to give them a B+ or a A- if they pickup A combo of Harrison/Snelling/Slaton.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Mar Ram View Post
    Im not sure the Eagles were that great in Free-agency, they traded for a CB .. they picked up a CB and they kept a CB ...
    Plus DT Cullen Jenkins, DE Jason Babin, and the second round pick from Arizona that accompanied DRC.

I mean, you can ask the Washington Redskins if winning free agency means anything during the regular season. But still, I think you have to be impressed by what the Eagles have done. Clearly they're trying to make a run sooner rather than later.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Plus DT Cullen Jenkins, DE Jason Babin, and the second round pick from Arizona that accompanied DRC.

I mean, you can ask the Washington Redskins if winning free agency means anything during the regular season. But still, I think you have to be impressed by what the Eagles have done. Clearly they're trying to make a run sooner rather than later.
    Fair enough... i concede that point.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Looking at the strategic moves to address areas of need with historically solid players, the Rams have hit the mark. B+

peramoure is offline Registered User

I'll give them a B-, and here's why.

First, I love all the signings. I love Mikell, Dahl, Sims-Walker. Love them.

I love that we cut Bell and could perhaps bring him back.

I HATE that we traded Greco for a seventh rounder. What is the likelyhood of finding a guy of his caliber (average?) in the 7th round? What a waste.

I also hate we didn't go out and grab an elite wideout. I understand McDaniels works magic with guys like Brandon Lloyd, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, whatever - but I want a Sidney Rice, Fitz, Ochocinco, Vincent Jackson - whatever. I hate that we didn't upgrade what looks like a glaring need.

So - love the pickups, hate the Greco move, hate the wideout scenario.

d

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    I love that we cut Bell and could perhaps bring him back.
    The Rams did bring him back. He was on the sidelines the day after his release broke, indicating that they'd agreed to a renegotiated deal.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm withholding my grade until we sign a backup runningback. If we don't bring in a backup my grade will be UGLY!

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'm withholding my grade until we sign a backup runningback. If we don't bring in a backup my grade will be UGLY!
    Agreed. It's too big a piece of the puzzle to try & give an answer without it.

Otherwise, I don't think you could have asked for much more. There are new options with productive resumes at pretty much all the weak spots we've been worried about & I think Devaney is much better at pro scouting than the draft ( a lot more mid round busts than FA flops,imo); he's good at finding minor gems.

I also find it hard to fault him for having no money to spend on one monster star when he's had to pick in the top 5 for the last four hundred drafts.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Well we brought in Norwood and it looks like Cadillac will be on board soon. So my Grade is B+.