RamWraith is offline Registered User

Our guy should be from The Ohio State

Let my campaign officially begin.

This year I am going to hope and pray we move down just a few slots, hoping someone will want to move up just a enough for McFadden or a highly toted quarterback. Then, the Rams can make the move on the stud of this years draft. Jame Laurinaitis. MLB from Ohio State. He is going to be a a beast in the middle. This will allow Spoon to move to the outside and Laurinaitis to man the Middle for years to come. He is a cross between AJ Hawk and Patrick Willis. All heart, 110% motor and a great leader. We need this kid. Spoon would be that much more productive and we are set for years. Plus we pick another pick or 2 by moving down.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Our guy should be from The Ohio State

At first i thiugh you were going to say Vernon Gholston a guy i realy like if we miss out on Long, but drafting Lauranatis isnt a bad idea. I have a few problems with that though i would love to see spoon on the outside but he would most likely be on the weakside then what do we do with Pisa.We could tryto trade him for a third. It also means that we most definately cant resign chillar (unless we trade Pisa) because we would be investing to much in our LB core, but then what would we do at the strong side we have draft and the unproven culberson, but do we realy want them at the strong side. It might be a little complicated to pull of but if we trade pisa it might be possible(allowing us to keep chillar).

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Though I'm not a proponent of moving Spoon outside (why move the best MLB this team has had not named after England's crown jewel or a tool used to cut metal and bone?), I would not burn the house down if we trade down a couple of spots and pick up Son of Animal. The kids good (though not quite Hawk or Willis, IMO), and would find a place in this defense.

That's the beauty of this draft. Anywhere in the top 8-10 picks, we can find a starter to fill a gap. Which makes me wonder......is this draft that good, or do we have that many gaps?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Personally, I've been warming up to Witherspoon in the middle. I was a little worried when his production slacked off towards the end of last season, but I'm actually fairly happy with the linebackers we have now. I wouldn't be disappointed, either, if this happened, but I hope we get a shot at one of the top defensive ends.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

I believe that I read somewhere that Laurinaitis was all but committed to staying in school and getting his degree. You know this guy must think he's a student-athlete or something.

WHAT SAY YE?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

The rumor is hes going to stay in school just like his teamate A.J. Hawk but personally i think he has accomplished alot more than Hawk if Ohio state wins the National Championship it will probably be more likely he comes out if they don't he probably wont. Meaning the top 2 MLB coming into the year are staying in school Laurantis and Maugulaga (probably spelled wrong, but i meant the guy from USC)

rammiser is offline Registered User

My problem with this is we dont NEED a linebacker. I want to see us draft the best player at one of our positions of need not want.
    Just Fix It

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Spoon would be that much more productive
    How do you figure? In the middle, he's close to both sides of the field. If you shift him outside, you're moving him further away from one side of the field and he'd have more ground to cover to get to a play on that side. I would think that would result in a drop in productivity, personally.

After the year that Spoon has had at MLB, I have a hard time thinking we need to draft a potential starter at that position.

general counsel is offline Registered User

chris long

ramming speed to all

general counsel