sparker is offline Registered User

Ourlads 3 Round Mock Draft

Just thought I'd pass along the most recent Ourlads Draft Service Mock draft. I respect these guys and they have put out a quality product for many years. In fact from year to year I have found there information more accurate than Kiper, Pro Football Weekly (even in the Joel Bushbaum era), ESPN, War Room, Sporting News, etc.

In fact I always check the final mock draft projections of all these services/guides I subscribe to and they are 1st most years 2nd in years they aren't first in most teams projected right & total number of 1st round picks they had called regardless of which team took them.

In their latest Mock draft they have the Rams taking:
    1st Round - DE Jamal Anderson - ARK (interesting because Patrick Willis and Amobi Okoye were both still available)

2nd Round - DT Tank Tyler - NC St (many think he won't last this long, but they do and I value there opinion)

3rd Round - WR David Clowney - VA. tech (really someone that was off my radar screen as a 1st day pick for the Rams)

If it worked out this way, how would you feel?

To see the entire three rounds here is the link.
    http://ourlads.com/2007nflmockdraft.cfm

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Ourlads 3 Round Mock Draft

Be alright with me, we do need WR depth.

harrydog is offline Registered User

I'd be fine with those picks.
    I've subscribed to Ourlads for at least 12 years and agree with you that they are one of the best.
    I've subsrcibed to many other draft publications over the years but I've always stuck with Ourlads. I don't have much respect for Kiper's opinions.
    GM Jr. has by far the most detailed information on each prospect....almost too much to digest.
    Ourlads doesn't base their mock draft on who they think teams will take. They base it solely on their own player ratings and how those players fit with each team's needs.

Country is offline Registered User

They are good, but I do not agree with drafting Anderson if Okoye is on the board.

Country.....you seem to be locked into drafting need. That's a nice thought but as I've said, in the first (and maybe even the 2nd) rounds you draft BPA and not need. If S Landry, DE Anderson, WR Ginn, LB Willis, OT Brown are available when we draft and they are much higher rated by the Rams than and DT on the board including Okoye......then you draft who you rate the best player or trade down like the Rams did last year if you can find a partner.

I know you'll never agree to this but if Okoye & Branch aren't in the top 20 on the Rams draft board when our pick arrives, yet still available to be drafted, they don't force the pick and take one. If someone, let's say Levi Brown for sake of arguement, is the 6th rated player on the board. Branch is #22 & Okoye #23 on the Rams rating board and all three are there when you pick you take Brown.....no questions asked. Only exception would be if someone like Denver last year says, we'll swap 3 spots and give you a 3rd do you move out of that spot and maybe take one of the DT if he's there.

Country is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sparker View Post
    Country.....you seem to be locked into drafting need. That's a nice thought but as I've said, in the first (and maybe even the 2nd) rounds you draft BPA and not need. If S Landry, DE Anderson, WR Ginn, LB Willis, OT Brown are available when we draft and they are much higher rated by the Rams than and DT on the board including Okoye......then you draft who you rate the best player or trade down like the Rams did last year if you can find a partner.

I know you'll never agree to this but if Okoye & Branch aren't in the top 20 on the Rams draft board when our pick arrives, yet still available to be drafted, they don't force the pick and take one. If someone, let's say Levi Brown for sake of arguement, is the 6th rated player on the board. Branch is #22 & Okoye #23 on the Rams rating board and all three are there when you pick you take Brown.....no questions asked. Only exception would be if someone like Denver last year says, we'll swap 3 spots and give you a 3rd do you move out of that spot and maybe take one of the DT if he's there.
    I agree to a degree with that assesment, but I am simply afriad that we will go through another season with a highway through the middle of our defense.

If a top notch player is available to the Rams then yes they should take them. I think that drafting a guy like Levi Brown might be a little of a waste as he would most likly be playing LG.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    I agree to a degree with that assesment, but I am simply afriad that we will go through another season with a highway through the middle of our defense.

If a top notch player is available to the Rams then yes they should take them. I think that drafting a guy like Levi Brown might be a little of a waste as he would most likly be playing LG.
    You are not alone in wanting to barricade that "highway" though the middle of our defense. One thing to remember though is that Linehan's, Haslett's and even Softli's jobs are dependant upon on field production. Without doubt the aforementioned are acutely aware of our run defense deficiencies. I am sure we will see this addressed in some manner either before or during the draft. Sparker's point has validity, but as we all know, everything depends on how the Rams stack their board regarding 1st round talent, as opposed to Kiper, Our Lads, or whoever ... I have a good feeling about this years draft. There appears to be no dissension in the FO anymore with everyone working as a team. Won't be any Trung Candidates this year -- I believe we will field an improved run defense this year.

MauiRam.............Amen brother

keith m. klink Guest

YOU know that he has the good stuff , and that is why he can make that point , maui and sparker , i couldn't agree more , and if that is the way our draft started the first three rounds , i would frech kiss my dumb old dog . you have to know that country is kinda set in his ways , but he would come around and will , when the rams draft this year. i thought linehans draft was a very good one , and i believe he will fix the hole , and won't put out a unfinished line . i think that with what we got last year in the draft for our line , and what we do this year , will make a solid line , and hopefully calm everyone's fears. and i think the draft will do this , not giving picks for KRIS JENKINS .