Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Pat Kirwan's Updated First Round Mock

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10091269

13. **St. Louis: Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville -- There was a lot of debate on the Rams' pick this weekend by club executives studying this every day. Last week it was Leon Hall, then Darrelle Revis turned in a 4.39 40-yard dash with his size, but a super-quick penetrating tackle is a great value.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

max
    max is offline Registered User

Re: Pat Kirwan's Updated First Round Mock

Kirwan still doesn't show Jamaal Anderson going in the first round. Wish he would explain why a previous top 10 pick is sliding out of the first round.

Either that or someone goofed.

JRoc is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    Kirwan still doesn't show Jamaal Anderson going in the first round. Wish he would explain why a previous top 10 pick is sliding out of the first round.

Either that or someone goofed.
    He has him going number 5 to Tampa.

RealRam is offline Registered User

That's right Max, Kirwan places JA at #5. But ... Welcome to the Clan!

As for seeing Okoye available for us, it sounds GREAT! However, it's the first time I read these negatives on the youngster (I think I saw other, less poignant, ones):

Negatives -- Shorter than ideal, causing problems when he fails to keep his hands active trying to fill the rush lanes and the center gets assistance in blocking him out (susceptible to cut blocks) Can push the pocket, but seems to lack the closing burst needed to get to the quarterback consistently (needs to finish better) His size could be a problem in a one-gap system While he delivers punishing hand swipes in closed quarters, he can get reckless while operating in space Does not possess sustained speed to pursue long distances, working better in the short area Lost bulk to improve his stamina, but needs to put some back on to compete against the bigger blockers at the pro level Very good in run containment, but he lacks pass rush moves despite eight sacks as a senior Can move laterally with some effectiveness, but will struggle to redirect and is slow to recover when taking a wide loop in backside pursuit Can push the pocket and has good initial quickness, but lacks the sudden speed to close on the quarterback Even though he is known to clog the middle, only two of his 55 tackles in 2006 came inside the red zone.
    I'll just give preference to Amobi Okoye's positives and would wish him well! :r

max
    max is offline Registered User

Darn. I missed that. My bad.

I got caught speeding, and looking back at his last mock (March 22), where he didn't have Anderson in the first round.

Really, Kirwan "snuck" him back in this week, and one effect was Okoye becoming available for us. And voila, we pick Okoye and not a CB.

Still, I'm happy that there is nothing wrong with Anderson that we don't know about and that Kirwan considers him a top 10 talent.

That helps us.