Results 1 to 1 of 1
Pauline Pre-Combine News and Notes
Pre-Combine News & Notes
As we move closer to the combine hereís the latest news and notes making their way around the scouting world as players, coaches and NFL decision makers prepare to descend on Indianapolis.
- Many are still wondering what position Melvin Ingram will be playing in the NFL; Outside linebacker? Defensive end? Three technique tackle? Much will be determined by his combine workout, specifically his forty time. If what weíve been told over the past few days comes to fruition those who project Ingram to outside linebacker will breathe easier. Iíve been told expect Ingram to run in the 4.6ís at the combine, terrific speed for someone who tipped the scales at 276-pounds at the Senior Bowl. Someone thatís viewed Ingramís recent workouts in recent weeks referred to him as ďfastĒ and ďathleticĒ. Another person familiar with the South Carolina program went a little deeper. Seems Ingram previously ran in the 4.4ís early in his Gamecock career, albeit 40-pounds ago and many are convinced a time in the 4.6ís, or possibly faster, is legitimate for the play making defender. If he runs close to the times Ingram will skyrocket up boards.
- A report surfaced on Twitter last week that Alabama safety Mark Barron underwent surgery to repair a double hernia and will be out until July. Sources I spoke with confirmed the report and it was double hernia surgery- at the Senior Bowl word was it was just single hernia. At the same time I was told the recovery should be no more than 4-to-6 weeks, 8 at the most, from the time the surgery was completed.
- Another pass rusher thatís looked good in combine training has been Syracuse junior Chandler Jones. Iím told the majority of teams presently grade Jones at defensive end on their draft board and think moving him to outside linebacker in a 3-4 is a stretch.
- I am also hearing Michael Floyd looks good and will run a forty time faster than anyone presently predicts. The good news is Floyd is healthy from the injuries which kept him from attending the Senior Bowl. The better news is he plans on running at the combine, barring any last week tweaks.
- Mike Adams combined terrific play during the Senior Bowl with solid interviews all week. Adams evidently answered all questions the scouts had about any perceived character issues. The former Buckeye continues to climb draft boards.
- Former Auburn tackle Brandon Mosely, who missed the Senior Bowl due to a bout of viral meningitis, is completely healthy and plans on working out at the combine.
- As we posted on Twitter, many were caught off guard when Miami-Ohio lineman Brandon Brooks was not invited to the combine. Brooks was the top player during Shrine practices and has been graded as a third rounder by a number of teams. Brooks will be one of the busiest post-combine players that travels the nation. Ten teams have already told the big blocker they will bring him in as one of their allotted pre-draft visits. For Brooks these visits are likely to be more involved than other players flying visiting franchises. Teams will be completing full physicals and other work usually reserved for players at the combine when Brooks arrives at the facility.
By RamsSB99 in forum RAM TALKReplies: 13Last Post: -02-03-2009, 03:35 PM
By Nick in forum DRAFT & FAReplies: 19Last Post: -01-24-2009, 01:33 AM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 2Last Post: -02-02-2007, 12:24 PM
By RamsFan16 in forum DRAFT & FAReplies: 4Last Post: -04-01-2006, 10:17 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 4Last Post: -10-06-2005, 10:38 PM