Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Per Bernie: Faneca, Stallworth

Where are the applications to become a front office member? Those idiots don't have a freaking clue how to run a strong football program.

I'm 18 and I know how to run this show better than they do. Sure Faneca will be a big hit as a Ram...but...2...3 years at most. =/

Atleast we get C. Long or Gholston in the first round still.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The Rams have to be the best bet for Faneca

This offense has talent all over it apart from on the line, and he can come in, play alongside Orlando Pace, and give us a beastly left sided OL

majorram is offline Registered User

Totally agree with getting Jacob bell, much younger, less expensive... why would we spend that kind of money on Faneca a 31 year old????

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

Quote Originally Posted by majorram View Post
    Totally agree with getting Jacob bell, much younger, less expensive... why would we spend that kind of money on Faneca a 31 year old????

steve:l
    Because he is a leader and probably the best guard in the NFL

Its not all the time i would advocate the older, more expensive option, but Faneca is something else

chiguy is online now Registered User

The guy is only 31. Offensive linemen can play effectively until their late 30s. If we sign the guy to a 5 year contract, we've got a pro bowl caliber player for five years. Our line is automatically better on the inside and we've got a lot of flexibility in what to do in the draft. I don't see the problem here. This isn't spending money on Chris Claiborne.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    The guy is only 31. Offensive linemen can play effectively until their late 30s. If we sign the guy to a 5 year contract, we've got a pro bowl caliber player for five years. Our line is automatically better on the inside and we've got a lot of flexibility in what to do in the draft. I don't see the problem here. This isn't spending money on Chris Claiborne.
    Thats the thing. Claiborne was a 'cheaper' option before, and he was rubbish. We have gone the cheaper option quite a few times and in the process missed on some big free agents, and i cant think of one of these cheaper options that has actually worked for us

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm wouldn't be so quick to designate Bell as the "cheaper" option. Keep an eye on it; when it all shakes out, I bet Bell gets a payday very similar to Faneca.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jquarando is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm wouldn't be so quick to designate Bell as the "cheaper" option. Keep an eye on it; when it all shakes out, I bet Bell gets a payday very similar to Faneca.
    Exactly. All the descent Free agents seem to get some crazy money deal. Build thru the draft guys. I think we all would have figured that out by now.

from john claytons blog:

Unless something strange happens, the Jets will sign seven-time Pro Bowl left guard Alan Faneca in the next couple of days. Faneca, 31, was voted onto to the Steelers' 75th anniversary team and he's been one of the most consistent linemen in the league.
    He faded a bit last season, but he'll still command a signing bonus in the neighborhood of the $17 million that guard Leonard Davis received in Dallas last season. The Jets were also interested in Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel, but it looks like the Eagles may have the inside track.

I hope this puts an end to us shelling out to much money for old men.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

To whoever said Faneca is the best guard in the NFL, um hello, Steve Hutchinson? And great to read he's imminent to sign with the Jets. I don't want him because I feel hes a tad overrated. We still have Setterstrom who played well before the injury and I'd rather get Jacob Bell like I stated before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    To whoever said Faneca is the best guard in the NFL, um hello, Steve Hutchinson? And great to read he's imminent to sign with the Jets. I don't want him because I feel hes a tad overrated. We still have Setterstrom who played well before the injury and I'd rather get Jacob Bell like I stated before.
    i said probably the best, but i admit that Hutchinson is better now for sure. I dont think Setterstrom is the answer at guard at all though

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Am I hearing this correctly? Faneca is OVERPRICED? Are you freaking kidding me? The guy came into Steelers camp last year at top notch shape. He's the best at his position. He's a cog in the Rams hole that could be filled instantly. And some of you think he's overpriced?

He'll be a Ram by Saturday and I will be dad gum glad for it. It's easier to play a rookie WR than a rookie O lineman anyday.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Am I hearing this correctly? Faneca is OVERPRICED? Are you freaking kidding me? The guy came into Steelers camp last year at top notch shape. He's the best at his position. He's a cog in the Rams hole that could be filled instantly. And some of you think he's overpriced?

He'll be a Ram by Saturday and I will be dad gum glad for it. It's easier to play a rookie WR than a rookie O lineman anyday.
    Well said sir. I hope we get him, at any cost. Our o Line is so bad this would be hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Well said sir. I hope we get him, at any cost. Our o Line is so bad this would be hugh.
    Can faneca play center cause last time i checked we dont have a center on our roster.

Also if you think our oline is so bad how is one guy going to fix that and I dont care what anyone says he is overpriced. Setterstrom played well enough for us to start him and draft some depth. Im glad the jets are getting him cause this move would put us right back into our cap problem we are trying to dig out of.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I like Alan Faneca and I would love to see him on the line. He would easily be the best O-lineman on the team and I think is well worth the money he will be paid.

Stallworth, I've never liked. With the situation he had last year he should have really exploded, instead he became just the third receiver. I dont think he's worth the money he's going to get and I dont believe he'll ever be anything more than a depth guy that can stretch the field. And how much are you willing to overpay for depth?
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-28-2008, 09:27 PM