Thread: per kirwan...

bruce4life is offline Registered User

per kirwan...

I'm not sure if anyone heard Kirwan on Movin' the Chains today? He talked about just how good Cutler was last year. He reviewed his performance in almost every statistical catagory (which were amazing!) and his age of 26 and his low contract for a QB.

He then made the case that his worth is a high 1st this year, a1st next year, and a player. He focused in on St. Louis and the deal he discussed was the 1.2, Bulger, and our 1 next year. As much as I'd love to Cutler's big arm in blue and gold, that's way expensive!

He said he wasn't trying to start a rumor, but that a trade like that would make sense. It seems that most of the rumors are still about the Titans, Bears, and Buccs. But none of those teams have a top p

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: per kirwan...

Yeah I don't think our team would do anything quite like that. We're trying to lay the foundation for a rebuilding squad, and we need those picks. Plus, I'm not sold on the organization giving up on Bulger yet.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Let detroit trade for him or something. I think we will do OK with Bulger and an OT with our first pick (or maybe with Curry and an OT from our second pick).

Two first round picks and Bulger would be much to expensive in my opinion. How many big games have Broncos won with Cutler? How many playoff games? Eventhough I did not like Jake the snake the Broncos at least played in the playoffs with him (and got killed by the Colts alot :P )

And another thing could Cutlers diabetis become a bigger health issue where it could impact his play again?

richtree is offline Registered User

speaking of detroit , maybe bring Drew Stanton in seems like he may be cut

3 QBs that I think still have some talent (not sure about rest)

Patrick Ramsey

JP Losman

Drew Stanton

remember everyone thought Bulger was a 3rd string bum when we got him ...(save the, "he still is a bum jokes please!", lol)

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

That would be way to much for Rams to give up. Denver has the problem to fix with there team not the Rams. Maybe Bulger and 2nd round pick to solve there problem.
    He could just refuse to play for them until they cut him. There mess to fix.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone heard Kirwan on Movin' the Chains today? He talked about just how good Cutler was last year. He reviewed his performance in almost every statistical catagory (which were amazing!) and his age of 26 and his low contract for a QB.
    Here's a few points that Jim Thomas recently made about Cutler:

Jim Thomas: What in the world is so great about Cutler? He has a 17-20 record as a starter. He throws a lot of interceptions, 37 in 37 games. He's never been in a playoff game. His best passer rating is 88.5.
    And that doesn't take into account the attitude and emotional issues. This trade scenario is lunacy.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    He then made the case that his worth is a high 1st this year, a1st next year, and a player. He focused in on St. Louis and the deal he discussed was the 1.2, Bulger, and our 1 next year. As much as I'd love to Cutler's big arm in blue and gold, that's way expensive!
    I think a better deal that would work for both the Rams and Denver would be the following:

1.) The Rams trade Mark Bulger for Jay Cutler.

2.) The Rams and Denver exchange first and second round picks.
    This way we maintain a presence in the first and second rounds and whoever we pick in those two rounds will definitely be starters next year.

WHAT SAY YE?

general counsel is offline Registered User

Looking at cutlers stats is very misleading. The stats of very young qbs are highly suspect. You cant compare him to guys with more experience. The point is that having amassed decent numbers at a t ime when many qbs are sitting on the bench, he is well positioned for a break out year.

The idea of bulger plus a #1 is a joke and ignores the reality of the massive cap hit that deal would impose on us.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

#39 Fan Guest

Honestly, I would love to have Cutler, but that scenario is too rich for my blood

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I love Cutler's gunslinger attitude on the field. I hate his cry baby antics off the field. Is that a wash? Maybe, but he has to be given the freedom to be that gunslinger on the field. If he's not allowed to fling the ball all over the filed is he going to start crying? I just don't see Devaney & Spags changing their approach to building a bigger, stronger running team. Above and beyond all that, the rumored amount Denver would want in return is much to steep.

Marc Bulger, he's the man in the driver seat! Sit back and leave the driving to him.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Yeah I don't think our team would do anything quite like that. We're trying to lay the foundation for a rebuilding squad, and we need those picks. Plus, I'm not sold on the organization giving up on Bulger yet.
    Ditto. Let's get behind Bulger and provide some support and just maybe with some quality coaching he'll revive his career. Linehan sure didn't help things.