throwback week

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By richtree

Thread: The perfect Round 1 for the Rams.....

richtree is offline Registered User

The perfect Round 1 for the Rams.....

There are multiple theories of trading down and up for many different players.....

Keeping picks from future years out of it......

I think the Rams perfect draft scenario comes down to getting the best combination of 2 players.

If the Rams could find a way to trade down a few spots and still grab Watinks, while trading up for Taylor Lewan that would be their "perfect" scenerio.

I think the Rams have been enough head-room that Lewan is still a great player that can play multiple positions and the Oline can be great. If the Rams want Matthews or Robinson I think that drops them out of the Watkins saga.....

There does seem to be extra connections with the Rams to Watkins and Lewan, so I have the "feeling" that the Rams think they will be picking in the 4-9 range

Now, I personally would love Robinson and Watkins, or Robinson, Gilbert, and tons of other WRs this year....but I think this is what the Rams like, not me...

you have to think Watkins is a stud....and the big question is if you take him you will Robinson and Mattews.....

I actually think the Rams will end up with Lewan somehow....they seem to like him and Watkins more than any other players and if they don't have a top 5 pick Watinks won't be an option (most likely)....

One connection to forget Long and Lewan both are michigan alumni....and smart guys
    SWFCRAM likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: The perfect Round 1 for the Rams.....

What you are suggesting is similar to my recent mock, in which I had the Rams trade down for Matthews, then trade up for Evans. Watkins and Lewan works very well too.

In either scenario, the Rams would have two second round picks to address the defense. I think there will be very good values at that point in the draft.

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: The perfect Round 1 for the Rams.....

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    What you are suggesting is similar to my recent mock, in which I had the Rams trade down for Matthews, then trade up for Evans. Watkins and Lewan works very well too.

In either scenario, the Rams would have two second round picks to address the defense. I think there will be very good values at that point in the draft.
    Agreed. I think the Rams almost would want to know how and who to trade up with even before they trade down.....

I also think the Rams are a lot more content to not have Watkins, Matthews, nor Robinson....then Rams fans are.., lol