Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Peter King on NBC regarding Rams & DT Suh

King was just on NBC Football Night in America talking about the Rams or Bucs with the first overall pick, and said that a survey he conducted around the league revealed that Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh was considered by many to be the most highly regarded or sought after (sorry, can't recall which specific phrase) defensive prospect in the last decade. King said he spoke with GMs of both the Browns and the Rams, whom both told him that Suh would "probably" be at the top of their draft boards, though that didn't necessary mean he'd be their pick.

As always, take it for what it's worth. Just passing along what was said.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Peter King on NBC regarding Rams & DT Suh

I also saw that, but I caught the back end of it. Scouts say he is the best defensive prospect since Julius Peppers. IMO even with the immense need for a QB you can't pass up on a once in decade talent like Suh.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

You can't pass up an opportunity to get a guy like Suh, no matter how bad you may need a QB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shroomysoup is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    You can't pass up an opportunity to get a guy like Suh, no matter how bad you may need a QB.
    This.

Wouldn't it be fun to see Suh wreak havoc on Matt Hasselback?

Ramsong is offline Registered User

I can't help but feel the Rams will screw up this no-brainer pick.

If they trade down and get a heckuva lot of picks for the right to draft Suh, I'm OK with that.

But my fear is they will pick Bradford or another player instead of Suh. The Rams are the walking epitome of Murphy's Law.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

I don't believe we're going to draft Suh. I don't favour taking him over the QB, but I still don't see it happening. I don't know why, just a funny vibe I'm getting. After seeing our defense limit Chris Johnson (that's right, 118 yards for him is being limited) - actually bottling him up most of the day - and watching our offense continue to sputter week in and out, we need that QB. We're going to continue to put off the inevitable if we avoid taking the QB.

Another thing, I can't wait to see what Howard Balzer's stance or "expertise" is regarding the possibility of Suh as our pick. He was heavily opposed to Dorsey in '08 because of some apparent lingering knee injury (that has somehow not prevented him to miss a game at LSU or a single NFL game), and Suh has not been without some questions regarding his injury history. He has had "Multiple knee injuries and surgeries" (quoted from Walter Football), so it'll be interesting to see if something comes up stemming from physicals at the combine, or whether Mr. Balzer feels the same inclination to condemn Suh as he did Dorsey.

EDIT: I should clear this up..if Locker doesn't declare, I am then in favour of drafting Suh. I don't trust Clausen, and Bradford has too many injury concerns. If Locker does declare, however, I want him oh so bad.
    Last edited by Bald_81; -12-14-2009 at 01:47 AM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

How can you not draft the guy? Our defense has been improving tremendously, we just need a few more pieces. Why not add this guy? He's going to dominate at this level. When there is a clear cut player you absolutely must have in the draft, why not pull the trigger?

Our offense is several pieces away from being complete. We can probably get one in round two anyways. Either way, the QB we draft this year won't be playing on this terrible offense next year anyways...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Let's hope we get to draft this guy. No QB is worth our #1 or #2 pick in my opinion.

Go Rams! (or perhaps not so we get the #1 pick)

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    I don't believe we're going to draft Suh. I don't favour taking him over the QB, but I still don't see it happening. I don't know why, just a funny vibe I'm getting. After seeing our defense limit Chris Johnson (that's right, 118 yards for him is being limited) - actually bottling him up most of the day - and watching our offense continue to sputter week in and out, we need that QB. We're going to continue to put off the inevitable if we avoid taking the QB.
    It's great that the Rams held Chris Johnson to "only" 118 rushing yards, but I think it's important to look at the bigger picture and how the Rams have done all season versus one specific performance when trying to evaluate the run defense. Through the season, the Rams rank 30th in the league in opposing yards per carry average (4.6) and 27th in opposing rushing yards per game (147.2). Those numbers are pretty woeful.

Another thing, I can't wait to see what Howard Balzer's stance or "expertise" is regarding the possibility of Suh as our pick. He was heavily opposed to Dorsey in '08 because of some apparent lingering knee injury (that has somehow not prevented him to miss a game at LSU or a single NFL game), and Suh has not been without some questions regarding his injury history. He has had "Multiple knee injuries and surgeries" (quoted from Walter Football), so it'll be interesting to see if something comes up stemming from physicals at the combine, or whether Mr. Balzer feels the same inclination to condemn Suh as he did Dorsey.
    If Suh's injuries are lingering, then I'm sure it will be cause for concern. The red flag for Dorsey wasn't that he'd had leg injuries, but that there was evidence that suggested those injuries were lingering and may still need medical attention. I'm not sure why you seem to blame Howard Balzer for that, as those injuries were reported by multiple other sources. It's not as if Howard just made them up.

EDIT: I should clear this up..if Locker doesn't declare, I am then in favour of drafting Suh.
    Given today's news, I guess you're booking your seat aboard the Suh-wagon!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Yes we held Johnson to "118" yards, but we also let a no-name like Justin Forsett run all over us....

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Say it ain't Suh, but I'm on the King Kong bandwagon!

And Nick, he was the one who kept re-iterating the concerns (even after the Rams had stated they were satisfied with the medical tests completed) as if to condemn Dorsey's career before it even began. And like I said, he has yet to miss a game, so we can see who's in the wrong. But that's in the past, so I'll digress. Tomorrow, I'll be dining on some Suh-shi!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

At this point and time drafting SUH is a no-brainer. Carriker (INJURY) doesn't seem to be the answer. Even a healthy Carriker may not be the answer. (Another Linehan DUD!)

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

This is a no brainer if Suh is a once in a decade talent, we got to take him.
    DT is probably the most important position on the defense. Look at the Bears
    when Tommie Harris doesnt play. This injury bug is worrying though?

RamHusker is offline Registered User

Let me clarify Suh's apparant injury concerns. When he was a Freshman, he hurt his knee, had surgery, and missed his entire Freshman year. He was granted a medical redshirt, and has not had an injury that's kept him out of a game since.

My take on drafting Suh is this: TAKE HIM!! A guy like this brings instant credibility to a defense. Not only will his mere presence cause opposing O-lines to double-team him, creating opportunities for Chris Long, but it would allow Carriker to move back to his natural DE position and create more consistent play on the D-line. We do have a 2nd round pick, and a guy like Tony Pike, Ryan Mallet, or Tim Tebow would certainly be an attractive pick in the 2nd round. Or, we suck it up with Bulger for another year, and wait to draft Jake Locker, Case Keenum (Houston QB) or Kellen Moore (Boise St. QB) when they're Seniors.