Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

PFW: Rams Free Agency Preview

Although the Rams were on the low end in terms of cap money heading into this year’s free-agency period, sources expect the team to be relatively aggressive in the free-agent market, with an eye toward adding at least a couple of starting-caliber players. It’s worth noting that newly appointed executive vice president of player personnel Billy Devaney previously was involved primarily with pro personnel in Atlanta. SLB Brandon Chillar comes the closest to being a potential keeper among the team’s UFAs, but the Rams will re-sign Chillar only at the right price and will monitor his market value closely. One free agent the Rams will definitely bring back is RFA FS Oshiomogho Atogwe, who led the NFC with eight interceptions in 2007. Look for Atogwe to receive a first-round tender. The Rams could also consider significantly restructuring the contracts of some of their veteran players, with DE Leonard Little, who is due a $7.17 million roster bonus before the start of the ’08 season, at the top of the list. The Rams could save $4.5 million in cap money by converting Little’s roster bonus into a signing bonus.
    Not a whole lot of new information, but the info on converting Little's roster bonus into a signing bonus gives us an actual savings figure to contemplate. I'm not going to be holding my breath on an aggressive Rams free agency, maybe that means I'll be pleasantly surprised though. I'm just not convinced we're in a financial position to compete with some of these other organizations for the big name guys. We'll see, I suppose.

Mooselini Guest

Re: PFW: Rams Free Agency Preview

YES! we keep Atogwe. That was my main concern. I dont see alot of free agency shopping for "starters" but I do see atleast ONE significant pick up. I like this.

keith m. klink Guest

Re: PFW: Rams Free Agency Preview

IN my opinion , ( which nobody wanted anyway ) the rams FA pickups would be on the o-line and focusing on all 3 positions . T-G-C. i think that for the positions of

DE - OT - C - LB CB - S -WR will be taken in the draft