View Poll Results: Will Redskins pick Julio Jones in the draft ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • They Rams get Julio Jones and Redskins pass on the WR to fill another need

12 63.16%
  • Redskins take Julio Jones because he BPA over other "need" areas

7 36.84%
    richtree is offline Registered User

Pick #10 in 2011 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins will have great impact for Rams

Todd McShay put out a new top 10 player list that doesn't have Julio Jones on it.

The Washington Redskins are picking at pick #10 in the first round. They are a bit of a wildcard in the actions due to Dan Snyder's deep pocket and overzealous attitude. Couple that with Shannahan, McNabb, and Haynesworth it creates a volatile situation where no one can figure out who they will pick in Round 1.

So, if Julio Jones passes pick #10 many people feel the Rams will be able to get him.

For this to happen many feel that the skins will have to pass on Gabbard and the slew of DT's available.

They also have a pressing need for an OLine starter(both tackle and center) and a LB.

So the question becomes, If you are the Redskins to you take Julio Jones or fill another need first.

Keep an eye on their offseason and vote in the poll !

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Re: Pick #10 in 2011 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins will have great impact for

Also worth mentioning without a 3rd or 4th rd pick they are certainly looking to trade down.

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: Pick #10 in 2011 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins will have great impact for

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    Also worth mentioning without a 3rd or 4th rd pick they are certainly looking to trade down.
    agreed, especially with having multiple needs and in a highly competitive division next season.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I still think we have a good chance of JJ falling to us at 14, especially after the injury. A team could trade up to 10 and take JJ, that is possible. Atlanta could use an option across from Roddy White. I dont think JJ is the be all and end all. The Rams need help all over the roster.

RealRam is offline Registered User

We get JJ! Such is my wishful thinking.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

There is still a decent chance he lands with us. Either the Redskins take him over I feel like he is ours. Either way we will get a talented player who will most likely fill a position of need.

And just a fact. I dont think the Redskins will be taking a tackle 10th in the draft. They traded for Jamaal Brown last year and drafted Trent Williams 4th last year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The Redskins definitely are a key hurdle in the Rams-Jones sweepstakes.

I think they'd love to see one of the top two quarterbacks on the board, because McNabb is not their long-term guy. If Newton or Gabbert are there, I don't think Washington can pass up. That said, what if both are gone? Do they take Locker @ 10? They loved him last year, but maybe it's a bit high this year. That's an iffy one for Washington.

If they don't take a quarterback, then I think the odds are about even of them taking either Julio Jones or the defensive player available, whether it be a five-technique end or a pass rusher. My gut right now is that either a QB or a defensive player will entice them.

One team I wouldn't rule out, though, is Houston @ 11. They desperately need help in the defensive backfield at either corner or safety, but the value won't be great. A pass rusher could be ideal, but they also wouldn't complain about an upgrade over Kevin Walter at receiver.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

One thing we have going for us is that top wide receivers tend to fall out of the top 10- unless they were out of this world once in a lifetime players like Andre and Calvin. Green and Jones are great players, but Crabtree and Dez Bryant were great players too, and they dropped farther than a lot of people speculated. So here's hoping those d lineman and QB's prove too good to pass up, and we end getting Sammy a legit play maker.

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

There's many variables that could go down still.

Taking a look at the teams ahead of the Rams, I'll break it down.

Teams that DEFINITELY need a WR and may target Jones/Green as their top priority:

Cincinnati (The Primadonna Duo is done there. Jerome Simpson and Jordan Shipley are good #2/slot WR guys, neither really give me the "go to" impression. Cincinnati needs something at WR.)

Cleveland (The Browns have their answer at QB, and at HB. Now they need a #1 WR.. Massaquoi (sic) isn't one. Neither is Robiskie.)

Washington (Santana Moss is a free agent, and beyond him if you can name two WR on the Redskin roster, you're better than most. Malcom Kelly hasn't panned out and Devin Thomas was a huge flop that the Redskins parted ways with.)

Teams that MIGHT consider Jones/Green as their top pick:

Carolina (Steve Smith's production has taken a MAJOR fall and it looks like his physical style of play has caused him to break down and his days as a go-to-WR seem to be done. Plus, with a new regime, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Smith sent packing. Without him, the Panthers are looking at David Gettis and Brandon LaFell. Nice WRs, but again... not #1s. On top of things, I honestly feel other than Patrick Peterson, there's not a safer pick at #1 overall than Green and WR is a bigger need pick for Carolina at this point.)

Buffalo (Lee Evans is due 8.5 million dollars next season. He won't be back. Steve Johnson is solid, but with Green Buffalo's offense could potentially be electric. Keep in mind, Chan Gailey is an offensive minded guy.. If Green falls, don't be shocked if Buffalo takes him. Remember, they took CJ Spiller last year bypassing bigger pressing needs....)

Minnesota (If Sidney Rice winds up leaving, the Vikes will need someone across from Percy Harvin.)

What might work in the Rams favor:

The Panthers at this point seem to be heavily leaning towards either a DT or a QB. I've heard Cam Newton's name linked to Carolina more than once, as well as Nick Fairley and even Marcell Dareus. I've not once heard AJ Green's.

Carson Palmer's trade demands.. He seems gung ho about wanting out of Cincinnati. I know the Bengals have put off trade demands in the past, but I can't see them ignoring this one. If Palmer winds up cut, traded or retires, Cincinnati has a major need for a quarterback and could instead turn their attention to drafting Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert instead. If this happens, it'd likely drop Green to the Browns if Carolina doesn't take him number one overall.

With Green off the boards, I don't see San Francisco, Tennessee or Dallas taking a WR. There's talks now that Peterson and Fairley or Dareus (whoever Denver doesn't take) could drop. If this happens, I can't in good faith see San Francisco passing on Peterson, and honestly believe Tennessee would take Fairley or Dareus in a heartbeat.

Where this is going is this.. If this all plays out as I suspect, Washington at 10 would have a very interesting choice to make. In my scenario, Blaine Gabbert or Cam Newton are there at 10. Santana Moss' return to Washington isn't unrealistic to expect. However, Donovan McNabb's is. The Redskins really can't go into 2011 with Rex Grossman as starting QB. It's possible the Skins could trade for Kyle Orton or Kevin Kolb, but they're already draft pick thin this season. I don't see them trading another one.

There's still a chance St. Louis gets Jones.. A lot of ifs could play out.

BigGameTH is offline Registered User

I also wouldn't rule out the possibility of a trade down from the Lions at 13 for someone who wants Jones. The Lions want an OT, and any OT they want will probably still be there at 16 or 17. Everyone knows there will be a huge interest in Jones from us.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

The Redskins don't have 3rd or 4th round picks. I expect them trying to move down to pick up some extra picks in this draft.
    That being said. I like J.J. alot, but I hope Rams don't trade up to get him at 10. If he is still there. It would cost way to much for a team with so many needs and youth at those needs.
    No body knows who's on top of BD & Spags draft board. You never know it could be RB Mark Ingram.
    If J.J. is there take him.
    If not, I would rather see Rams trading down. The Draft trade value chart shows rams would receive a 3rd round pick by moving back 3 or 4 spots. The Rams still could get the DE or DT they covit.